LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. IgotKIF

IgotKIF Manny the Manatee

Reading List:
    Link
    truthfully honest, I would say to your opinion of reading 1* reviews are wrong. Simply because very rarely are novels 1* rating. it's better to look at the tags, read a couple chapters and move on from there.

2. Freecell

Freecell Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But some people would have been very irritated and move on from RI after the first few chapters then, esp since some would be annoyed at the "500 years this 500 years that" that was quite prominent in early chapters.

3. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude to be honest many of the bad reviews in novels ( the one's I have seen ) for Chinese novels for 1* are mostly just complaining about the racism in Chinese novels, which will never change as any novel which is written slightly off the criteria( which is supposedly set by Chinese) then that novel is banned and obviously people who read Chinese novels would say that this is bad but dude honestly don't you buy things which are promoted more often even if it is bad.

Many novels reviews with 1 * rating just talk about why that nation is bad in that novel and why was it glorified. There is a format of writing them like : -

1) If this was my first time reading this novel first it was good start but then ... or among all the other novels i read this has too much nationalism and they targeted my country.

2) I dropped it after this chapter (though I didn't complete this book ) but still I decided to write a review just because of a few chapters.

To talk about Wuxia World well what you said is agreeable but when you don't have choices for official websites then whatever is given you accept as understanding MTL is harder than understanding Latin ( personally ) . So whatever is said you accept and as for any other website translator like for eg: Qidian who don't even translate novels that are actually interesting like NSGK, WDDG. They only focus on those novels which will glorify nationalism. They don't give two shits about peoples preferences.

Talisman Emperor did deserve great rating probably you mis-wrote it or so but Talisman Emperor hat 4 Tournaments/6 while Invincible had tournaments every 100 chaps and that was not the only irritating part the most irritating was that the plot armor is too strong higher than even NSHBA. Here every 300-400 chaps he gets a new protector and surpasses his teacher and then saves him and the teacher looks on in awe. That annoyed me the most.

Talisman Emperor is praised as the author tries to pen down a better arc and tries to improve on his weaknesses. Just like the next novel Almighty Sword Domain. He tries to improve himself and probably the one novel where they didn't go glorify one part of the story and the plot armor was reasonable and I liked it.

While personally I thought that A Will Eternal was not a great novel as it was almost a bummer from the start, So can't say.

Personally read a lot too just check the story read the tags it is under and try it out as many novels are great. Coiling Dragon made it as it was easy to understand for beginners, yes I agree there are better but for a person who started out reading translated to understand even a inkling of the systems or diverse parts they would like Coiling Dragon or Hail The King or Nine Star Hegemony Body Art or even Talisman Emperor.

runsing likes this.
  4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree

this is why you read the reviews and ignore those reviews. many novels have 1* reviews that are really good and include many spoilers

just like how many 5* reviews are nonsense and just fanboys of the novel, or maybe have not matured in their reading yet, or perhaps are just pressured or influence by the huge amount of fanboys in NUF (for example, er gen fanboys or ww fanboys)

if you're going to invest hours and hours into a novel, it wouldn't be wrong to invest maybe, 5 minutes into finding proper reviews and reading them to find out what the novel is really like

if you like talisman emperor, then perhaps you either really like tournament novels (go read DD1/2/3/4/5/HJC) or just have not matured in your reading yet

but xianxia that are full of tournaments are so numerous that one day you will get sick of it

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Astaroth likes this.
  5. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just stop reading after some become really stupid like eg : TranXending Vision the novel wasn't super great but some reviews were super inaccurate even giving out spoilers but ya it saves effort to read comments

6. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished this a year ago...glad people will now suffer with me as well he best CN novel will have no ending...after this I've basically just stuck with Korean novels...only to find Dungeon defence is also on hiatus...sigh feel my pain.

Wujigege, Despapa69 and Archisus like this.
  7. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if anyone misses this they may want to try reading "While people were raising Gu, I was raining my body" (别人养蛊我养身)

8. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    What is it about?

Whelp, time to suffer. Should've wrote this 3 months ago.

9. kuro106

kuro106 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Gus are not an element created by author and existed as a monster in chinese novels or is another work of author?

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Gu actually referred to bugs/insects that were put into a container and then were left to kill each other and whatever survived will be deemed to be the strongest/most poisonous and thus was called gu. It's a practice from ancient China.

Astaroth likes this.
  11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While it is based on this myth
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu_(poison)

The author of this story drastically altered it. To the point of not even being recognizable. It is a completely original idea for cultivation.

12. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone remind me... In Book 6...

Was there a point in the story where Fang Yuan was using some kind of resurrection and people's families' blood to boost their cultivation potential?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  13. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Ye, one of the evil/best things he did. Basically tortured a small girl and made a bear eat her corpse and finally refined the bear to boost his aptitude.

*I swear to didn't write best but some how it came out. Guess I'll leave it.

14. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe this is referring to what he was doing in book 6 within his aperture.
    At the end of the first book he acquires a Gu that allows him to sacrifice relatives to increase his potential (that was originally going to be used by his ancestor to consume his descendants / why the village exists).

In book 6 he uses that gu along with a resurrection technique (which is cheap if the target is very weak) and a method of putting people to sleep (I forget the specifics). Basically, a clan enters this one area and then they all go unconscious. Then all but one of them are sacrificed to max the potential of that family member. Then they're all revived and the process repeats until all of the family members have maxed their potential. Then they wake up, unaware of how this ritual works.

I think he also combines several gu from earlier books such that all babies are ?triplets? where ?two? of them are unkownlingly sacrificed / consumed in the womb to empower the first baby in some way..? I forget the specifics, IIRC it's also accompanied by something that speeds up the childbirth process massively such that this all happens at one visit to a clinic..?

mrttao and LordKarsus like this.
  15. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes...
    The plan is first mentioned in Chapter‌ ‌2295:‌ ‌Fang‌ ‌Yuan‌ ‌Wants‌ ‌More‌ ‌Twins‌.
    And you see the first execution in Chapter‌ ‌2299:‌ ‌Floating‌ ‌Refinement‌ ‌Hive‌ ‌‌

It's too bad that the story got cancelled (although there seem to be fan continuations on Web Novel).

It would've been funny to see how his resources really compared with that of other Venerables, a few years in.

At 1:60 time difference between the outside and his aperture. Even in a couple of years, his forces would be increasing by a lot depending on how fast people have kids.

If we count 60 years as 3 generations where population doubles, that's 8x per year in the real world (not that he needs to have it be that low, since he has gestation for a child down to 1 week).

But even so: 8 ^ 10 = 1,073,741,824

So that's potentially a billion times increase in population in 10 years on the outside.

... Meaning, millions of Gu Immortals in service to FY. lol

He would pretty much need to be starting new Gu research paths to enable that many Gu Immortals to have Immortal Gu.

... And that's if they showed restraint and only doubled the population every 20 years inside the Sovereign Aperture.

As long as FY could solve the issue of eating a Rank 9 aperture... It almost shouldn't matter if he can refine all the natural dao marks or not, because the number of Gu Immortals who will eventually be submitting their Blessed Lands to be consumed by him will become so great, that he should pretty much be unstoppable.

He already had 3 million+ Refinement Dao marks before becoming Venerable. How far could he really need to go to be utterly above everyone else?

If he just stayed safe and out of trouble for 100 years, he'd be unbeatable.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Exalted and Wujigege like this.
  16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC that was just a breakthrough not an aptitude increase. IIRC it might have even slightly reduced his aptitude. Something he deemed a necessary sacrifice for the extra short term power gain.
    This is not really evil. Since everyone is resurrected.
    Evil is when he sacrificed his entire village to raise his aptitude to A grade, none of them were brought back to life.

17. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have the latest news about this?
    Is there any hope for it to continue?

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    China government banned it. Author started a new different story with a more wholesome MC (basically shonen MC, kinda stupid but good guy)
    Chances of it continuing are zero.

erowarrior likes this.
  19. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still have hope mate, been following this series for years now...

20. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm hearing lots of good recommendations for this title. Just hope the author would try continue it in another way without getting disappear =_=)