Spoiler Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sky Farrow, May 25, 2017.

1. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply Sky. I’m kinda bummed about the corpse thing if I’m being honest cause that’s more than 300 chapter where the main character can’t cultivate. As for question 4 what I mean is that when he became a Gu Immortal his first Space Aperture was still a mortal one so the Spring and Autumn Cicada was still exerting pressure on it so does he transform it in to an Immortal Aperture? And lastly how strong is that Tie bitch in the current chapters and does she cause a lot of problems for FY?

2. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    No problemo :blobsalute:

Yeah, a lot of people didn't like that, myself included. I was like 'is he ever gonna get out of being a huge monster zombie??!' and it felt so long to me :blobfearful: But thank god that's behind in the past now for me..

Ah yes that's a legit question. While his strength aperture is the one that 'transcends' and becomes Immortal Aperture, thus making him a Gu Immortal, his first aperture still remains the same mortal aperture. So the Spring Autumn Cicada will still exert pressure in it and it is mentioned that he can't take it out of his mortal aperture, so too bad. But he does transform it to an immortal aperture in future...

Tie bitch got much stronger from the time of her last appearance but she's still a stupid annoying ant that can be squished easily and bears no threat to Fang Yuan as of this moment.
    She doesn't cause any problems for FY after book 2 events, so far. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

scriptor likes this.
  3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up with the latest raw... :blobparty: The story was really good at the beginning but eventually degraded into a typical Xuanhuan... :blobpensive: I really liked how the author used the 人祖传 as an analogy to explain certain scenes. :blobpopcorn: However, in the later parts, the 人祖传 became irrelevant and sometimes even appeared when not needed. :blobexpressionless: Nevertheless, it's still much better than most stories out there. :aww:

keklel and Sky Farrow like this.
  4. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh yay finally! :D
    You caught up o.o)/
    Yeah, author getting tired I guess? It's less of what it used to be, but still slightly better than those typical XH/Xianxia novels.
    I hope the ending of book 5 will still pack a punch, as all the previous novels have done. We shall see...

人祖传 is too difficult to write lol. Author said he takes too long to think of how to write relevant into story :eek:

keklel, ongoingwhy and scriptor like this.
  5. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say that the story upto book 4 was pretty decent but book 5 start seems like a huge let down. Right now I am only about 30 chapters into book 5 but the story seems to have lost the original charm and has become a typical story where the author seems to be ignoring earlier setups and making random (or at least seems like but I am hoping he will have some reasonable explanation sometime soon but who knows) plot decisions.

For example, Fang Yuan is sooo interesting in that crossing dark immortal gu but ever since he magically gets it from someone (who never got to know it was destroyed and magically built it up by magically getting the recipe from Shadow sect (at least my interpretation of it from what I have read)) but never uses it the way it was used or at least the way it was before Fang Yuan got it. If he so desired it for it stealth properties why is it not being used for that? Anyway, my rant is over but I am disappointed by the story in book 5. It looks like the autor had a kid and got busy due to real life or something like that and the story took a downturn due to that.

Another expample would be how an immortal corpse’s luck cant be viewed in book 4 but cant in book 5. So many places where an editor would have solved the problems.

I was ok with earlier plot mistakes but this seems to be bugging me. This is one novel that definitely needs an editor. If there was an editor the first 4 books would have been perfect. The autor did retroactively fix some plot errors or edit earlier chapters to fix them. But book 5 evolved into a typical CN. I guess he needs a break or this is the result of trying to be too clever that he worked himself into a fix :).

If anyone thinks otherwise I would love to hear about their thoughts. Despite all this I am still going to continue to read and hope everything settles down well soon enough :).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  6. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link

Book 5 feels more like typical xianxia, but it redeems itself with several great chapters that really help build more of Fang Yuan's backstory and are pretty damn interesting.
    Yes, authors having firstborns and new jobs tend to affect story quality :blobwoah: But nevertheless it's still better than a lot of typical xianxia so I'm happy with that.

I look forward to Book 5's ending though. I want to see what the author will whip up this time.

7. kkchaitu

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so. :). It is damn frustrating when a good story is being spoiled not due to lack of ability but due to negligence. Anyway, it was good to get this off my chest. I have been frustrated by other novels but I didn’t have too many expectations from them either. This story in the first 4 books had such a build up that my expectations were built up accordingly :).

Did you read the story completely so far?

Sky Farrow likes this.
  8. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, though recently I have been too busy so I let it build up so I can binge a bit xD

scriptor and kkchaitu like this.
  9. kkchaitu

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, btw, do you plan to include the letters that author writes explaining stuff? I believe there is a public group that he sends them. I don’t have access to translated ones :(. If you cannot, that is fine. :). Just asking as I was curious. He also seems to be retconning stuff via those letters as well.

10. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh? What do you mean by letters.. are you talking about the stuff he posts in Wechat group? :eek:

11. kkchaitu

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess. I am not sure what public forum he is using but there is a high chance that is it. :)

12. DlorejMil

DlorejMil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is FY from earth? I think i read that somehwere but the mtl is unreliable.

13. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! I finally reached chapter 1808.

kkchaitu likes this.
  14. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, his soul was from Earth. But I don't think every Demon From Beyond The Heavens are from there.

15. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'm going to TL those eh... most of it is irrelevant, or stuff we already know... from what I have seen.
    But there was this one poem about the ten venerables that I posted somewhere in this thread.

Yes FY's soul is from earth, but the other people who came beyond the Gu world originated from other planets/universes/etc.
    Grats on catching up, Carnwennan!! :D

carnwennan, scriptor and kkchaitu like this.
  16. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

Sky Farrow likes this.
  17. prinsewa

prinsewa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone! Yep, came here because of the corpse frustration too :mad:. Pretty sure the author sneezed a lot recently from how much i cursed him reading this arc. I had no choice, it is such a good story that i don't like feeling it get loose. Not sure there can be a better book than the Book 2 (please say i'm wrong), it was so abnormally great i could doubt it was human inspiration.
    Ok, back to reading, still a long journey ahead !

erikvio and Sky Farrow like this.
  18. prinsewa

prinsewa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, i was just thinking, the first time Fang Yuan used Fixed Travel Immortal Gu, wasn't he naked upon appearing in front of Feng Jinhuang ? How come he never had that problem again using it later ?:cautious:

19. garunix

garunix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC before he used normal clothing/gu clothing but later on his clothes are made of dao marks and since dao marks are stored within a gu immortal's body it can be created at anytime/anyplace and is considered a part of his body

of course don't take my word for it completely because i'm not 100% sure what I remember is correct because it was only mentioned once (there are MANY things in this novel that are only explained once or twice across the entire 1800+ chapters which makes some things a pain to remember... it's not the novel's fault though it just has so much information and world building squeezed into it that it's hard to keep track of)

prinsewa likes this.
  20. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    About the Rank 9 Venerables: Is it a realm that can be attained by a single person per era or is it that it is just difficult to reach it? Sometimes in the novel I thought that this realm was akin to Heavenly Dao (in CCG) or Immortal Emperor (in ED's early arcs).