Spoiler Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sky Farrow, May 25, 2017.

1. rev183

rev183 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    I read the chapter where Ma Hongyun dies, does he return or stays dead?

2. bruhman

bruhman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greetings from chapter 668. The translations are too slow so I couldn’t help but read mtl, but now I’m not sure how far I want to go with it. I have a few general questions for readers who are up to date:

1. How long will it take for him to cure his zombie self? I read something about using it as a clone...

2. How/when does he deal with Mo Yao?

3. How long before he falls out with Taibai Yunsheng? Does he get Man as Before Gu?

4. Does he lose Fixed Travel Gu again? What about Wisdom Gu?

5. Does he takeover Langya Blessed Land? (I mean the one with the Gu refinement grandmaster land spirit). Is that blessed land and land spirit still relevant?

6. What happens with All-out Effort Gu? I can’t imagine him keeping it as his main.

7. Does he use Blood Path again? He still mainly uses strength/enslavement path?

8. Any remarkable ultimate moves? Still using 1000 Me ultimate move (Qi shadow clones)?

9. Does anyone know he has Spring Autumn Cicada? How does it work regularly, or does he still just explode it? He fix the luck problem?

10. Do any Gu Immortals raise human villages in their aperatures or blessed lands? (Fang Yuan does some experiments on people to perfect his zombie ultimate move, and he has the blood skull Gu as well as that bone bracelet Gu for fast dual cultivation).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  3. addarash

addarash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. End of v4 he is cured.

2. She's already "dealt with" if you've read up to 668. She's basically a helpless captive in his mind. He only doesn't do anything because he wants to extract information from her and is temporarily unable to (he eventually does later in v4).

3. By the start of v5 they are no longer allies (though not so much in the sense of "falling out" but they are on opposite sides). He eventually does get man as before.

4. Yes, during v5, though he gets it back eventually. Wisdom gu he doesn't lose but at the end of v5 it's used up as refinement material.

5. Eventually, yes. And they are still relevant. Also it's a lot better than a grandmaster in refining.

6. It pretty much is ignored in favour of better stuff.

7. A little bit, but not much. And he does continue strength and enslavement for a while but eventually moves on to focusing on other paths.

8. Way too many to go through. And that move is used for a while before becoming a base for him to create other moves.

9. He still has it. He solves the luck problem within a few dozen chapters of where you are. Making it guaranteed to work is something he eventually solves much later in v5.

10. It's very common. Almost an expected thing for immortals to do if they are able to make it worthwhile or profitable.

bruhman likes this.
  4. addarash

addarash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still dead as of 2130. Though Fang Yuan still has his soul.

5. bruhman

bruhman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

6. Carefree Wind

Carefree Wind New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the FY continue his path enslavement and strength path??

7. DeePO

DeePO New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, can anyone tell when when Fang Yuan will become a Rank 6 Gu Immortal? Im currently on the latest translated chapter so, can anyone let me know if there are other Transmigrators? Thx ;)

8. PaiN

PaiN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    soon, in a few more chapters.. he's kinda forced to become rank 6 at that situation, and finally becomes an immortal zombie(means he can't power up anymore from rank 6).

Yes, there're other transmigrators. they're collectively called as 'demons from beyond the heavens'. the thief venerable was a transmigrator from a mecha world.

LordKarsus likes this.
  9. PaiN

PaiN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, he does. he uses a lot of paths later on as well, wisdom, dream, etc

10. PaiN

PaiN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone summarize when the Spring Autumn Cicada was used?

1. novel start, 500 years rewind
    2. ancient moon 1st patriarch, few minutes rewind
    3. 3 king inheritance, few days rewind
    4. heaven something mountain in south border, few years rewind
    5. heaven something mountain again by the dream body fellow, few seconds rewind
    6. fate gu complete recovery, few years rewind
    7. ???
    ??
    how many more times did he use it? did i miss any in between?

11. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't hold it anymore, gimme spoilers please. What the author plan about FY previous life wife Xie Hanmo the saintess of Mermaid clan?
    And what chapter will they meet again? and what's gonna happen?
    Talking about FY, I have a bad feeling he will kill her and turn her into a heavenly pill to advance his cultivation lol

12. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maan! I Finally caught up to the latest! in LNMTL
    Fav part though was refining Fixed immortal travel gu and refining perseverance gu, i was so hyped during those times!

13. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Fang Yuan let her go entirely, he neither looks for nor cares about her existence. In his last life, they couldn't be together and he went on to become a blood immortal. In this life, he has no interest with her and he's going on to be a gu venerable and achieve eternal life at any cost.

14. bruhman

bruhman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do aperture times stack? Ex having a 1:30 aperture inside another 1:30 aperture for a stronger effect.

Does FY ever do something like this deliberately?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  15. FrozenSoul

FrozenSoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From where I'm at right now (1400s), there hasn't been any indication that you can have 2 aperture stacking.

16. Pavan4321

Pavan4321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the Novel: This novel is very unique with a lot of clever writing but i hate when the enemy characters created using misunderstandings as a start. this is my no.1 irritating plot point in Chinese novels. And that doesn't stop there, these characters are given unkillable skill as plot armor to repeatedly obstructs with MC plans(once or twice is OK but this pattern is repeated for these hypocritical and very irritating characters).This is my no. 2 irritating plot point in Chinese novels. Even with these irritating plots, I read all the translated chapters because of the clever writing at certain crucial moments and the GREAT MC when I started to think about dropping the novel. Now adding to above irritations, another irritating factor is added that is WAITING A YEAR OR TWO COMPLETE THIS NOVEL. So spoilers is next best option for me (I don't know Chinese, cannot read raws).

About my understanding of this Mc : Atleast to the point I read, MC was never GOOD OR EVIL, just a STRONG WILL(obsession) for IMMORTALITY. I saw a pattern in author's writing that every one that is dead in Mc's hands are those with ill intentions towards Mc or have a relation to those elements (family, clan, other relations) that want harm Mc's PATH, never uninvolved parties . For this Mc killing him is not a big deal but those that obstruct his PATH are his mortals enemies. In that GU world, I think that No one is innocent neither righteous group nor demonic group just like light and darkness as neither are good or bad just there to be marker for when we can see and cannot see.

A guess about the ending :I read several guesses of Mc defeated by fang zheng or other hypocritical righteous characters or Mc's allies. I will hate any of the above endings(Author please). The only acceptable ending is MC achieving the elusive IMMORTALITY by defeating all his enemies but afterwards a serious problem arises for MC, that is, this PATH'S end is achieved and what next? This is a problem with ambitious people they mostly only think of THE PATH and end goal, don't think about what comes after that. Worst possible acceptable ending for MC should be for him to achieve IMMORTALITY, he has to sacrifice all the life forms in that GU world and he would sacrifice all the life forms based on his STRONG WILL(obsession), only after experiencing this ending can change Mc to become good, because a person like this Mc cannot be changed no matter what you do when they are on their PATH, only after they achieve their goals can realize their mistakes. After understanding this, he gives up on immortality and turns back time to when he first arrives to the GU WORLD.

THE END

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Alice-sama likes this.
  17. Seregosa

Seregosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What can I say... The part about the author saying that he might be planning to kill fang yuan off just made me want to drop the novel instantly. Even if he said it as a joke or if he's changed his mind now after a vote, it still made me extremely anxious for the future and made me wonder if the author truly wants a "happy ending" for the mc(or at least an ending where he reaches his goal and becomes a true immortal above pretty much everyone). Killing fang yuan off would be like killing off all of the readers as well. We're all reading this because of fang yuan. It's not as if the scheming or plot is particularly good or well-done, it's just that the personality of the mc is awesome, even more so because he has crappy luck and we can see him struggling.

Reading this only to have the reason we're reading this for disappear... What could be more frustrating than that? If this novel truly ends with fang yuan dying and not achieving his goal, I will hate this author forever and boycott any and all other novels he might write. People aren't spending days upon days, week upon weeks on reading this just to see the person we follow the development of dying. It's one thing if you write a short novel or manga like that, but a novel this long? What's even the point if he won't achieve his goals in the end? There is truly no goal whatsoever then.

I wish this novel was finished in the raws already, then I could've checked the ending to see if he achieved his goals and are still around by the end. I don't care even if I get spoiled on such a giant plot point because that would help me calm my anxious mind and it would also be the deciding factor on whether or not I would care to read further and use so much of my time to read it, it would be so much less frustrating to read if you know that he'll truly reach the top in the end. I hope there's not that much left, preferably the raws will be finished by the time I start reading the officially translated chapters again(I will probably wait around half a year, so I guess that's several hundred chapters in the raw?).

Anyway, I also really wish that the author could stop re-using enemies all the time. It's fine a few times, but when they keep on escaping/surviving merely due to plot armor for several times, it starts to become extremely annoying. I especially want the people from the start to die already, like fang zheng, bai ning bing, tie ruo nan etc. They've already been annoying enough after 600+ chapters, but they will keep on being around? Come on. Shouldn't characters like this only exist to give us extreme euphoria when they finally die after being so annoying? Seems the author doesn't think so. He's already missed the golden points at which to kill them, now they're just more of a pain than they're worth.

18. Pavan4321

Pavan4321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I too am reading this novel just for the MC now. Initially I was reading for MC and Bai Ning Bing but Bai Ning Bing's character changed or what I thought about his character was wrong.
    At first, Bai Ning Bing had very unique and exciting personality. He would do anything for excitement in life. His character's worth was almost equal to MC. But maybe because of MC giving hope that he has chance of living instead of fate 'doomed to die from the start', his character has changed from 'looking for excitement' to 'do anything to be alive'.

The perfect proof for my theory of Bai Ning Bing's character change is when the first time he self-exploded, he did it for the excitement to see Mc come on top in that battle at Qing Mao Mountain.
    When he self-exploded(falsely acts to do) second time, he did it to save his life or for too much fear from Mc's actions to a point he back stabbed Mc.

Sigh... A very good character like Bai Ning Bing was destroyed just because of silly reasons like too much time spent with MC. Maybe Mc is too good of a character that no one can compete with him.

But It would have been very good to see a unique friendship or bromance between MC and Bai Ning Bing. Just two people that are not really friends but walk their paths parallel to each other without obstructing each other. It would been wonderful. Author, you seriously should be more careful with such good characters in your future novels atleast.

Sigh........

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Alice-sama likes this.
  19. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason to me that Fang Yuan is so great is due to his understanding of failure. Failure is inevitable but there will no hope just hopeless people. Fang Yuan has fully accepted the possibility he would fail and he still proceeds without care and even smiles at his death when the spring-autumn cicada gu failed. Even if Fang Yuan dies I can accept it as long as he remains himself, as long as he never drifts from his ideals. The only thing that could make me drop the novel would be him becoming a good person, that's just not his style at all. Fang Yuan doesn't backtrack, he charges toward the future(Excluding the times where he went back in time lol)

20. Pavan4321

Pavan4321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no problem with 'MC dying at the end novels' but I hated the novels where Mc has died in the hands 'idiotic or hypocritical' enemies characters or enemies created based on 'misunderstanding' as driving plot point.

In this reverend insanity novel, till now all the enemies characters are either hypocrites or developed into enemies for Mc based on misunderstandings.

There are many of above types of characters in this novel with unkillable status as plot armor, I would surely hate the novel if Mc were to defeated (not death as this Mc does not care about death) by these hateful characters.

Some Characters with unkillable status are:
    1) Fang Zheng - enemy character created by misunderstanding.
    2) Bai Ning Bing - enemy character created due to the reason that he spent too much time with MC
    3) Tie ruo nan - the most annoying character of all characters with unkillable status and almost made me to think of dropping this novel several times, this character at start was like 'do anything to uphold justice' which is interesting and I liked her character too but later this character changed to 'do anything to kill MC for personal vengeance' and the most hypocritical character in that GU world.

These are my thoughts on novel as I read only translated chapters and some spoilers. I just hope to see what kind of ending would the author give for Mc.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018