Other Request Reverend Insanity ???

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by br89, May 10, 2020.

1. br89

br89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello i have just finished reading World of Cultivation and i am planning to pick up a new novel with a ruthless MC and i had my eye on
    Reverend Insanity
    but i noticed that its on hiatus so i was wondering about the state of the novel is it cancelled or just on hiatus also personally i dont like to read unfinished novels unless i really enjoy it for example Ultimate Scheming System the MC was so shameless that i really enjoy it so how is the situation with Reverend Insanity

2. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author will return after writing a new book, so about 2~3 years. It got banned by the government and the author has to wait until his contract ends if he wants to continue it

br89 likes this.
  3. br89

br89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2-3 years isnt that bad compare to some manga that i read in the past like HxH and berserk and by the time the translation catches the raws the author might be back thanks alot for the info

4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can guarantee its better than hxh in story completion rate, it was already at the final arc when it's stopped, and thats more than 2000+ chapters. The translation is still in 1000s so no problem.

5. terraheart

terraheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity will continue in the second half of this year i.e. July 2020. Not sure how many chapters are left but if you're a slow reader you're fine to start, if you binge read you can wait a bit.

6. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What? No. The author has already started a new book

7. terraheart

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a post from author September last year: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/390202548121894912/627879590546767915/image0.jpg

It translates too, he's starting a new book as RI is currently banned. Ban expected to be lifted July 2020. He'll then continue RI but likely toned down - this doesn't mean he'll instantl;y pick up RI but it will likely re continue sometime this year.

Reason why it got cancelled was because Qidian removed it probably due to political issues (anti-government) in the novel.

He also mentions he might right some RI side stories.

I don't know if there are any more recent posts as I haven't kept track.

8. Ishhin

Ishhin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why was it banned ?

9. terraheart

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian (Chinese publisher) pulled it from their site - I don't think an official reason was given but its presumed because of some of the topics covered in the novel were inconsistent with the Chinese governments philosophy. So in another words, a few people complained and brought it up with the powers of the be and it was banned.

Qidian's publishing rights expire next Summer which is why author said he can continue thereafter but its been hinted he'll tone things down to avoid future issues. In the interim he started a new novel.

10. Ishhin

Ishhin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just pathetic

11. Aindorin

Aindorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading Reverend Insanity will worth. I can say that and translation on english at 1600th episodes. It has 2300+ someting episodes so we have 700 episodes in chinese until translators will catch up to it. That means we have a year until R.I will stop arriving for english readers. Until than author can start again to write or he will start a bit later.

So you can start to read. If you like realistic mindset on characters you will realy like R.I.
    Compare to other chinese novels out there R.I is a priceless gem.

Fang Yuan the mc have a realy unique mindset. He realy have 0 bottom line, he is smart and he have wisdom.

Basically he is an old demon who is smart and super good at acting.