Korean [Reverse Harem, Adventure] She doesn't want to get married, she wants to be a blacksmith

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Nancy Drew, Apr 25, 2022.

?

Would you like to read this novel?

1. Yes (I am a woman)

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Yes (I am a man)

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No (I am a woman)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No (I am a man)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Excuse me, my English is not very good. I am not a native English speaker.
    Повелительница божественных зверей 1.jpg
    Manhwa cover (1)
    Повелительница божественных зверей 2.jpg
    Manhwa cover (2)
    Обложка 1.jpg

Обложка 2.jpg

Обложка 3.jpg

Обложка 4.jpg

Обложка 5.jpg
    Кая-1.jpg
    Кая-2.jpg
    Чхонан в облике взрослого мужчины и Чхонан в облике мальчика.jpg Cheongan in the form of an adult man and Cheongan in the form of a boy

Чхонан-в-облике-мальчика-и-Кая.jpg
    Cheongan in the form of a boy and Kai

Чхонан-в-облике-ласки-сидит-на-плечах-Каи.jpg
    Cheongan in the form of a weasel sits on Kai's shoulders

Чхонан-в-облике-волшебного-ездового-питомца-и-Кая-(1).jpg
    Cheongan in the form of a magical mount and Kai (1)

Чхонан-в-облике-волшебного-ездового-питомца-и-Кая-(2).jpg
    Cheongan in the form of a magical mount and Kai (2)

Аканель.jpg
    Akanel in the form of an adult man

Аканель и Кая.jpg
    Akanel in the form of an adult man and Kai

Аканель в облике дракона и Кая.jpg
    Akanel in the form of a dragon and Kai

Эл 1.jpg
    El in the form of an adult man (1)

Эл 2.jpg
    El in the form of an adult man (2)

Эл в облике человека и Эл в облике тигра.jpg
    El in the form of an adult man and El in the form of a winged tiger

Аканель в облике дракона и Эл в облике человека.jpg
    Akanel in the form of a dragon and El in the form of an adult man

Ривер-взрослый.jpg
    River in the form of an adult man

Ривер в облике мальчика.jpg
    River in the form of a boy

Ривер в облике кота.jpg
    River in the form of a cat

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the other guys from Kai's "harem" (an elf, a mermaid, the demon king, etc.) because these guys are not in the manhwa, and I have not read the novel.

Name: "The owner of the divine beast" (Korean: "신수의 주인").

On English sites, the manhwa "The owner of the divine beast" has received two titles: "Master of the Divine Beasts" and "Fortune Master". The Korean word "신수의" has many meanings, including: 1) "divine beast" (mythical beasts, monsters, and gods); 2) "luck"; 3) "water for rituals associated with the invocation of spirits." And the word "주인" is translated as "master" or "mistress". Therefore, the title of the book can also be translated as "Mistress of Monsters", "Mistress of the Gods", "Mistress of Fortune" or "Mistress of Water". In fact, in this novel, the word "신수의" means "divine beast's". In the plural, this word is written like this: "신수들의" ("divine beasts'").

NU Link: none
    Spoiler Thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/master-of-divine-beasts.106363
    Genres, themes and tags:
    PG-13, Adapted to Game, Adapted to Manhwa, Shoujo, Romance, Reverse Harem, Polyandry, Action, Adventure, Martial Arts, Fantasy, Sword And Magic, Supernatural, Apocalypse, Comedy, Drama, Blacksmith, Gods, Dragons, Beast Companions, Demi-Humans, Magic Beasts, Werebeasts.
    Language: Korean.
    Author: Taeseon ("Chitra", "Doctor's Rebirth"). (Taeseon's novel "The owner of the divine dragon" ("The Dragon Master") in the Novel Pickup Request section of Novel Updates: https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...s-every-heterosexual-guy-on-the-planet.143469 )
    Year: 2016. Taeseon began writing this novel in 2013, but the official publication of this novel began in 2016.
    Status in country of origin: 10 volumes, completed.

The manhwa "The owner of the divine beast" has 121 chapters, but only the first three or four volumes of the novel are shown there. English translators only translated the first 11 chapters of the manhwa and abandoned the translation in February 2020.

Manhwa publishers:
    1) Naver Webtoon (2014.4.14)
    2) KakaoPage (Dreamtoon (Samyang), 2014.6.30)
    3) Comico Japan (2016.2.24, in Japanese)
    4) Daum Webtoon (2017.9.28)

Novel publishers:
    1) web novel: KakaoPage (Samyang, 2016.11.21)
    2) print edition: Dream Books (Samyang, 2017.02.06)
    3) e-book (EPUB): Fioret (Samyang, 2018. 09.01)

In October 2013, the mobile tactical RPG "신수의 주인: The Summon Masters" (Korean: "The owner of the divine beast: The Summon Masters" ) (based on Taeseon's novels "환수의 주인" (Korean: "The owner of the phantom beast", 2010), "신룡의 주인" (Korean: "The owner of the divine dragon", 2011) and "신수의 주인" (Korean: "The owner of the divine beast", 2013)) was released in South Korea. In February 2014, a remake of this game was made, the mobile action RPG "신수의 주인: The Summon Masters" (Korean: "The owner of the divine beast: The Summon Masters"; the scriptwriters are Taeseon and Seong Sangyeong). But both games were canceled.
    1 игра (2013).jpg
    2 игра (2014).jpg

Description of the manhwa

Human girl, a dragon, and a twin brother!? The fantasy romance you've been waiting for!

A girl born from a prestigious family. She who loves steel and is loved by steel, Kai Alterion's raison d'être was solely to forge swords. During the talks about suddenly being married, she pulled out her sword and pointed it towards her fiancé! And just like some magnificent fantasy, she became the Master of the Divine Beast.

Description of the novel

The country Empire on the planet Atreia. Kai Altelion, the beautiful daughter of count Kanas Altelion, has great physical strength and can understand the language of metals. She promised herself that she would devote her life to the profession of a blacksmith and never marry.

One day, her father Kanas (a legendary swordsman in the Empire) decided to fight with swords against the grand duke Akanel Arnok (the best swordsman in the Empire) and made a bet with him: if Akanel loses, he will marry the daughter of Kanas. Akanel lost, but when he came to Altelion County to meet Kai, she put her sword to his throat.

"I would rather die than be your wife!"

"Then let's make a bet. If you make a sword that can kill an immortal dragon, then I will break off our engagement. But if I get tired of waiting, then I will cancel this bet and then we will get married."

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

I read this manhwa in Korean, but I don't know Korean, so I didn't understand much of the plot. I also read some spoilers about this novel on Korean sites using Google Translate.

I really liked the guys in the female protagonist's "harem" in the manhwa, so I want to read the novel that this manhwa is based on.

Kai's "harem" includes a dragon, a god (white tiger), a fire spirit (weasel), an undead wizard (cat), an elf, a mermaid, a demon king, etc.