Discussion Revolutionary anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Zeusomega, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    OK a bit of a stretch to say revolutionary but it really was a shocking one...

Redo healer

I mean I totally wasn't expecting it to really devolve into that much rawness. Damn how did it even get permission to air on TV? Or even be invested by the production house?

Anyway aside that, after ages I found an anime I felt the drive to watch till the end, only seen till ep3, saving it to binge watch next time... XD

Ps- the scene where he says
    "this rod or my rod"
    I literally laughed till I almost fell from my chair.. , I know I shouldn't be but it's just too good of a line for that scene.. Xd

This was a rant, you could just throw your views on the anime if you have seen it, please refrain from any open spoilers if you are.

Or you could be a hero and suggest more dark animes like this if it does exist.

2. Lumira

Lumira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh, Euphoria?

3. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes it seems forced to me - like a contest which MC suffered the most before
    while i believe that there are unbelievable scumbags around isnt it too much to make everyone around the MC such a person ? almost like running a competition whos the biggest scumbag

i mean its clear a revenge plot would end fast if theres just 1 potential target but than again as i said before it seams cheap and forced to me quite often

not sure you might try berserker

4. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    nope...

the whole plot feels forced. The part i like about it is its over the line brutatility and quite honestly its not "sugar coated tragedy to protag". He literally couldn't have been anymore tortured and "r**ped" then that.

Ps- its like u order the season special in starbucks, hoping its the usual pumpkin or some gingerbread, but u r hit with carolina reappers.

actually watched the first few minutes of berserker, the 3d was really off putting..

5. gws

gws Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, i agree the plot of it seems really forced to be shocking just to be shocking and not for anything related to the plot.

Though the thing that I think is worse is how everyone is made be even worse than the protagonist, as to try and make the protagonist seem somehow better. Which is fails not only to do that but it just causes the show to seem "dark" and "Edgy".

Though that is just how I view. it and I also really wonder who thought that it was good enough to be made into an anime into the first place. Just because it doesn't seem to good enough to deserve an anime adaptation. Though that's just my take on the show.

6. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a dark and edgy anime....

I do understand not everyone can stomach the atrocities and unneeded hate depicted in there.

Its just on the opp spectrum of goodie goodie high fantasy with a busty healer girl fawning or tsundere-ing mc.