Chinese Rise of Qinglian

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Aoto, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Aoto

Aoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Rise of Qinglian
    Raw Link: https://www.ptwxz.com/bookinfo/10/10737.html
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Rise of Qinglian is probably one of the best cultivation novels up to date. What makes this novel special is, that it doesn't describe how one person slowly becomes invincible, but rather shows the rise of a family (clan). This novel isn't really the normal cultivation power fantasy, but rather a kingdom building one with cultivation elements. It furthermore describes multiple perspectives from a variety of characters, where each has clearly distinct characteristics and aspirations, which is by no means typical for a Chinese novel. The protagonist is pretty much average in most aspects. His cultivation talent is just slightly better than average and his only special trait would be that he has a slightly stronger spirit than most. This is it, the protagonist gets opportunities throughout his journey, but not one, that is extremely special and isn't available to other richer clans/sects. Furthermore the MC gets them mostly by hard work and taking risks. Ofc plot armor exists and the protagonist is quite lucky, but never to an extent, where it would be unbelievable or annoying. The only negative aspect I would list is that the novel is rather slow, which can't be helped, since it describes not only the cultivation journey of himself, but also multiple key characters, the development of his and other clans and sects and the overall world development.

And ah, almost forgot, this isn't a harem novel, there are only two love interests and the second one joins rather late and isn't forced. The romace in this novel is pretty good.
    (I'm not really good at writing, so my description does this novel by no means justice. But I still highly encourage everyone to give this novel a try, since it's just so good and probably the first cultivation novel produced in ages, that is actually worthwhile to read)

Description: (Goggle Translate Warning ^^)
    A small family of cultivating immortals, with the efforts of the tribe, slowly developed into a family of immortals, this is the history of the development of a small family.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    LurkerIsBack and Lewisking50 like this.