LCD Rise of the Wasteland

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Renzy, Feb 15, 2018.

1. asdf123

asdf123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well they are the authors words, they are clearly super racist but the mc seems to be the stereotypical chinese shutin keyboard warrior. even if you replace the nword or how the mc is called a yellow monkey it cant really change the tone the author has set.

2. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you have started censoring your translations? You should have thought of that beforehand. If a novel contains obvious racism that isn't integrated well into the story but rather you notice that it's the author's personal views then you just ignore it and move on, pick something else. But now you already went and picked it up, so you should translate it as it is, and not cut out or censor content, because that is a no-go. There are some people, including me, that will just not read any type of censored works.. Just translate it as it is, and let people decide for themselves whether they want to read it or not.

3. ExodusGT

ExodusGT Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there. I really do hope it won’t stop you from enjoying the novel though. Tbh it’s much more thing going on rather than just let the readers decide themselves. This is due to our superior had just told us that our novel might violate the term with ad sponsors and we’re actually dancing on a thin ice. Still, we will try our best to translate it without changing the original flair of the author. Hope you can stop by once again if you get another chance. Thanks!

4. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand you have your problems as well, but reading censored stories leave a bad aftertaste, even more so because we don't know the original and can't say how much has been cut.. it could just be uncalled for racist views or whatever, but where does it stop?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    strixflash likes this.
  5. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    @ExodusGT cant put the whole description i was warned once before because of that

6. ExodusGT

ExodusGT Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your help :)

Renzy likes this.
  7. Tarlos

Tarlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm loving this novel so far. Can someone who's read ahead tell me if he eventually gets together with Katrina or Angie?

8. ExodusGT

ExodusGT Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there! Hahaha, thanks for your support! It's glad to hear that you're liking it. Regarding your question, what if I say neither one XP. Anyway, looking forward to your feedback in the future. Thanks!

Tarlos likes this.
  9. ExodusGT

ExodusGT Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Guys!

We’ve finally finished with our first arc! You can begin reading the first arc here if you haven't yet!

We’ll also be celebrating the publishing of our second arc (which you can start reading from here) by launching our ‘Rise of the Wasteland’ Discord Server. The server will be mainly used for chapters release announcement, errors reporting, suggestion and chapters discussion. So please feel free to introduce yourselves in the new server when you get a chance to stop by.

Regards,
    Exodus and co.

Sai101 likes this.
  10. Dg2

Dg2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey the novel is really good and the translation team is doing a great job. I saw abunch of negative reviews but theyre mostly talking about racism. I remember that the very first chapter clearly states that wasteland would have overly exaggerated characters when it comes to national identitys. I think this is what makes the novel quirky and enjoyable. Over the top action with elements from the fallout universe added with crazy side characters is what makes this novel good.

The first negative i see is the MC went from a Chinese civilian to a homicidal maniac with in the first 5 chapters. This isnt that bad because he isn't actually super OP to begin with. The second negative would have to be how some scenes are a bit unrealistic but it gives this novel a bit more charm.
    Lastly, i did the math and with only 15 releases a month, is going to take the translation group 9+ years to finish this whole series. So i really hope that their team reads this and increase the releases by 9 times lol. I really do appreciate their work they do and hope they continue this novel. @ExodusGT

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  11. Sai101

Sai101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi hi,
    Any updates on this LN?

12. Diagon Alleycat

Diagon Alleycat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be hard to continue since the Chinese main character is saving the Wasteland America by killing all the looting pillaging rioters.