LCD Rise

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by littleshanks, Sep 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. littleshanks

littleshanks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rise

It just launched on Wuxiaworld, and I've been prepping months to bring this novel to you guys. Since there aren't many novels in this genre, I'd say the closest comparison is The King's Avatar. Overall, it's a pretty fun novel with a healthy mix of competitive gaming with lighthearted slice of life and an exploration into Chinese internet culture.

I'm the translator for this novel, so if you guys have any questions about the novel in general, feel free to ask here. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to seeing the chapter discussion and interaction here with you guys. ^-^

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-90+: The Shanghai 16 School Tournament's qualification round
    Why is Lin Feng portrayed as being under pressure to do well in these games? He was able to casually solo carry whole games when he was essentially fooling around on Su Xue's streams even against Diamond and Master ranked players.

3. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Picked this up recently due to similarities with "The King's Avatar". Always fascinated with the eSports industry.

Thanks for the translations. Wasn't sure if you added a lot more creative content and too lazy to read the raws for comparison. Some of the references seemed way out of whack for a CN author ... Daenerys on her Iron Throne, lol :rolleyes:

On a side note, there are a lot of China vid-streaming references where trolls are face-slapped into submission.
    I don't follow CN social media much. Are Chinese trolls actually that reasonable, even when confronted with overwhelming might?
    If trolls could be reasoned with, they would not be called trolls?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  4. littleshanks

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is that solo queue rank games are very different from competitive teamplay. You can easily carry a game against a bunch of uncoordinated strangers, but it's much harder to carry by yourself when both teams are supposed to be coordinated, but yours is just objectively worse overall.

5. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does Lin Feng act like he's 12? He's supposed to be a senior in high school, right?

kkgoh likes this.
  6. littleshanks

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean. I think that's how the author wrote Lin Feng. He wants to Lin Feng to be a Shounen-esque protagonist like Luffy or Goku. If you want to talk about reality, there are a lot of Seniors in high school that still act like brats, even up into university, or full grown adults. This is just one of these things with stories where you have to suspend your disbelief. There's not much I can do when that's just how the author created him.

7. littleshanks

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, Chinese trolls obviously aren't that reasonable, of course. But we need to have the story arc resolve itself, somehow right? As for your first question, you'll find out the kind of work we put into the chapters when Chapter 115 comes out today.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    kkgoh likes this.
  8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never played League of Legends, so I'm a bit curious about the game play as described in this story looks. :hmm: Yet, I'm very hesitant to try to youtube for a LOL stream because I know that if I did, youtube will update its recommended videos to me a massive amount gaming videos. :facepalm: It will undo all my efforts in suppressing them over the years as I usually have no interest in them.

9. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-123:
    Did he buy another player's account or can you open a new LOL account and upgrade it via P2W?

10. littleshanks

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I'm hope your enjoying it! Glad you still find it readable even without knowing anything about the game.
    Yes, he bought an account.

11. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Since c115, the chapter URLs are numbered wrong.

12. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    c127: is there no chat between rival team players? Can't Cup Noodles send a private message to CN_Maple to ask if he's really "Maple from Season 1"?

13. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-129: so none of his classmates are aware of the concept of doing a search on the Internet for LOL Season 1 details? Shouldn't there be a
    wiki or an old fan page? It's not like the story is set during the primitive age of the Internet and the kids aren't savvy with computers.

FHandsome likes this.
  14. littleshanks

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. The URLs aren't wrong. Just that we did a fan thing with the readers, so we added it in.
    I don't think he cares enough. They just met in one random solo q game after all.
    It was mentioned in recent chapters that Maple's information was heavily protected. Not a lot was known about him back then.

"However, none of them had played the game back in Season 1. They knew the rules from Season 2 and onwards. Back in Season 1, the rules weren’t as strict. Exceptions were made. This was why Lin Feng, a 15 year old, was allowed to compete. But because of the special circumstances, extra measures were taken. His real name and age were never revealed. To the world, he was Maple. Nothing else was revealed by the Chinese Esports Organization or his teammates. It was kept under such a tight seal that even most people he played against didn’t know how old he was."

15. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
  16. littleshanks

Reading List:
    Link
    think it is, but it can't be helped. And I don't want to delete the hard work the readers put into putting out a chapter.
    Nevermind. I fixed it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  17. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-167:
    Lin Feng is supposed to do commentary with Su Xue for her stream. Yet I've noticed that every time there's a big play, he's got nothing to say. You'd think him being an expert that he should be able to spout off a bunch of If-Then possibilities or at least explain in detail why the team is screwed. He's totally absorbed into his own world. Yeah, he's worried about Tian Tian, but that should incite him to talk up the situation "Roundy" is in.

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-204: I need to lower my appraisal of Lin Feng's mental age to the single digits.

Akabane likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-233:
    Man, what a diss!

20. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know its been a little while since I last read this but how did this get a 'Shoujo' tag?