| Roleplaying |Age Of Heroes - Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Naraku, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Age Of Heroes

Here is the Registration Thread of AoH (Age Of Heroes), the others thread that will come later are just below !

So, what is the Arena ?
    The Arena is not an simple building, no, it is an organisation named “Arena”, there are many places that are used by “Arena”. However the main Arena is still in the Golden Capital of Aureum.

Arena organizes only one type of event along with partners. The people are coming and buying foods and drinks from the partner while watching one thing. In fact, watching the fight is free, just the best places will be taken if you don’t pay.
    Fights.
    The Arena is a way to distract people while making the economy prosper.

Those fights may be straightforward or not.
    But for sure, they were not simple, far from it.

There is 5 types of battles :

Standard Combat : This is the most simple kind of fight, as long as the fighters aren’t a Servant or someone consuming willingly Mystery, this is a Standard Combat.
    It can be a 1 against 1, a 2 against 1, a 2 against 2, et cetera.
    There is no current limits as long as it isn’t too unbalanced or dangerous for the surroundings, it would be accepted.

Servant Combat : As the name says, the fight will be only between Servants, each time, they need someone to prepare a barrier around the Arena.
    An Arena can contain at most 4 Servants, if more are there, the fight will be denied.

Servants & Master Combat : This combat is eponymous to its name, however, contrary to the two previous type of combats, the limit of the number of participant is clear, two master and two servants on the field, nothing more, nothing less. Obviously a barrier is there due to safety measures.

Mystery Combat : This is a combat between people trying to become Heroic Spirit, as for now, the number of participants is limited to 10 persons. A barrier is also put in place despite it being less dangerous than the Servants Combats.
    It can be a 1 against 1, a 2 against 1, a 2 against 1, et cetera.
    There is no current limits as long as it isn’t too unbalanced.

Free Combat : This fight is “free”, in other words, any kind of people can battle against each other, a Servant against a ‘Mystery”, a Servant against a Master or even his own Master…
    Despite its name, it has a justified restriction.

Only one servant is allowed on the field, except if there is one in both sides.
    Also, the fights can only be a 1 against 1, a 1 against 2 and a 2 against 2.

How :

• First of all, at least two players are needed for a fight.
    • The fight will must be done by the two or more players in DM, then, one of the player will post the entire fight, from the start to the end.
    • All players must agree on the final result of the fight.
    • The battle can be done in any way, the winner can be any of the players, there won’t be any factor deciding who won, only the players fighting will be deciding when writing.

Rules :

• The fight are non-lethal.
    • You don’t cripple your opponent.
    • You don’t show any physical cruelty to your opponent.
    • If your opponent give up, you don’t attack in any kind your opponent, it will be severely punished.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Current Fields :

As for now, there is only two different Arena in which players can fight.

The Arena : An Arena in Golden City which can changes environment, as for now, it can change into a desert or a forest, the size is limited,

The Never-ending Forest : It’s not really a forest with no ends, no, it’s just that its size is way too high for people to cross it in one go, weeks may be needed.
    It is a field advantageous to sneaky and sly individuals.

For now, there is no other field, but others may appear depending on what the participants want.

3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ranking :

As for now, the battles are completely friendly, there is no ranked battles, so no rewards, however, you may gain fame due to the fights, and afterward, there will be a leaderboard, so possibly a competition.

4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Never-Ending Forest:

A free and friendly combat between Altum Aer, neither a master or a servant, mastering no magics, and not even gathering Mystery and Tigger, an Assassin Class Servant who can morph but with unexpectedly not a fighting experience.

In the end, he did entered in the Imperium, the fourth floor of the library however he was refused at the entry for one simple thing, they asked one thing.

"Can you read ?" They asked this to a "peasant" who never had any education, a former experienced killer, but he still didn't know how to read, so he shook his head and was refused.
    "Whatever." The guard advised him to go, not that he needed to go learn, and he had nothing to do however...

"The Arena ?" Altum heard about it, after the extermination he led by himself, he didn't really killed or moved his body, he was a bit rusty.
    Nevertheless, there was the same problem, he couldn't read, so he didn't know where he could fight. He heard only about the rules.

"You know what I feel like doing today it's having a fight. Something really rare for me you know I dislike showing off my abilities but I heard that they have cool benefits from the arena at times so I had better get some practice in there for now." Tigger proceeds to head off towards the arena when he noticed someone mumbling about the arena. Tigger decided to stop and say hello to him. "Hello and you are?"

As he didn't know at all anything about magic or magecraft, he didn't recognized that the person in front of him was a Servant, he replied on an... Indifferent tone, he didn't care.

"Altum, Aer." He said nothing else, he didn't ask for the name for this person, however he asked something else since he needed help.

"Mister, could you accompany me ? I can't read and want to access to Arena, and I need to see what kind of arenas are there before going into a combat. But I can't read so if the information are showed on a board, I won't be able to know." There was nothing special to say about his tone, nothing to notice, it was as if a doll was talking.

"Ah so I was right in that that was what you were wondering about. I am Tigger by the way and I guess you can follow me to the arena. There will probably be somebody like a receptionist to explain these things." Whilst saying this Tigger stretches out his hand for a handshake whilst talking in a seemingly jovial mood.

Not refusing his handshake, Altum took Tigger's hand and lifelessly shook it with some words of politeness, nothing else, nothing more.

"Then, thank you. I will follow you." His mood didn't change in the slighest as he was automatically walking behind Tigger, following.

Tigger proceeds to walk in the direction that the guard had pointed him towards. Reaching a building that had an appearance similar to the Roman Collisseum and was in the direction that the guard had pointed Tigger towards. Tigger decides to stop and listen around a bit before proceeding. Tigger turns around and faces Al and says, "This is one of the arenas but I have heard there are two."

"I see. What is the other one ? This one seems to be exposed, I would like to fight in a underpopulated place. Where I won't hear people talking."

An arena is place to distract, so why would there be a place like this ? Because of Magic Tools which made this possible. Altum only wanted to train, to make his muscles work properly since they have been as cold as his heart.

"I don't know where it is but it's set in some forest or something but you are supposed to be able to get there from here. Anyway we had better find out the rules first who knows how it is run Al." Tigger proceeds to continue after having confirmed from the surrounding peoples conversations.

Altum tilted his head when he heard Al but then sighed and simply found a receptionist who curtly began to talk when he approached.

"Sir, one servant, and a simple person, this is a Free Combat, do not kill your opponent or show any signs of cruelty, do not cripple or torture them." He didn't finish.
    "If the opponent can't retaliate, you stop, of they surrender, you stop, if they quit the combat, you stop."

Then he pointed at a corridor leading to an intersection of three doors, two of them were opponent.

"Register on the paper, you can go to fight after we confirmed everything. Or say your name, I will write them by myself."

Hearing this, Altum was glad that he won't be refused due to the fact he couldn't read, he simply said both of their names.

"Altum and Tigger."

The receptionist nodded and with a sign of his hand, he said to them to go away, do their fights.

When both of them entered the door which lead to the toward the Neverending Forest, they felt something analyzing them, a blue light from the ground to the ceiling and suddenly they were teleported into the Neverending Forest, it was a Caster who provoked this, one working at part-time at the Arena to transfer people to other places.
    Both of them were at different place, if they looked at their surroundings, they wouldn't be able to see the other, all they can do is to search for the opponent.

They will only be able to fight after finding each other, no words to begin, just arms and weapons. This fight was accepted despite the huge gap of strength, a supposedly normal person who didn't ever use magecraft, and a Servant, even if it was an Assassin, its strength was normally way above a person with no magics.
    Let's just begin this fight.

"Ohh. This place suits me perfectly doesn't it. I guess I will have to fight in here more often now I wonder what animal I should become? I guess I will have to roam around here first to find out huh." Tigger proceeds to roam slowly around the never ending forest looking for an animal that is about the right size that he can turn into.

Feeling unfamiliar with the place, Altum simply wanted to train, nothing else, nothing more. But since there was nobody yet, he will simply prepare the zone for the opponent, he was patient.
    He cut branches, sharpened them, dug the holes, covered them, and then, he created a place where he wouldn't be safe, but prepared to an attack, he knew that an experienced opponent won't be taken down by those kind of things.

And well, obviously not a Servant, he heard about those things, dead people coming back, one having a tremendous and inhumane strength, he won't be able to fight it.

"Ambush." that was his only change, he thought.

"Ohh a wolf I didn't think they would allow such a strong creature in a forest like this I guess I can turn into one of them huh." Tigger proceeds to mimic the wolf and roam the forest continuing to look for his opponent with his now slightly enhanced sense of smell and weakened vision. "Ohh a person is up ahead but he appears to have set up traps around himself huh. I guess I will have to wait him out." Tigger proceeds to turn into a tree out of sight from the person he believes to be Al. Lowering his senses immensely but making his patience immense.

"..." Altum rarely thought aloud, and this day, he wasn't. He didn't move, he could wait for days if needed, his eyes were avoid of all kind of emotions, his movements were non-existent, there was no flaws in his traps, the only thing was... that even if they activated, it might simply not hurt his enemy.
    However, he will know, as long as it moves, he will know that there is someone near, that there is someone lurking. That there is someone to fight, that there is someone he can use to train, to remove the dust from his muscles.

And he won't move, he already gathered food.
    He could wait. Simply wait. He had no way to find them after all, he will simply be found then.

... The waiting game it continues Tigger knows he has no reason to enter into the turf of his opponent no matter what a disadvantage is the most dangerous thing a person can have against them and he knows this from experience so he will wait.

I guess he must think that silence will affect me huh. I pity him not knowing my ability but he thinks that will affect a person who has there senses moving at a little under 100 times normal it might take an entire year before it truly becomes effective.

After some hours passed, Altum didn't care and simply began to whistle, he didn't want to move, moving was too bothersome.
    At a moment, he stood up and circled around.

"Once upon a time..." he muttered under his breath but he quickly stopped to emit a sound. As he continued to wait.

What could he be talking about I wonder I can't hear him well. But anyway he has now snapped first so I wonder what he will do next ?

And Altum... lied down on the ground, the back on the ground, the legs folded, the hands holding to a weapon, the eyes wide open, the whistling becoming high pitched, the elbows sinking in the ground, the shoulders relaxed.

"Mn." Then he closed his eyes, his breathing didn't change, as silent as ever, irregular actions were always troubling, that was his thought as he could sleep or wake up anytime.

An extremely quiet voice appears almost ghostly. "Hello sir I am a tree."

"A tree..." said Altum, immobile, he simply took a bit of dirt and threw it at where he heard the voice, he thought that was side effect of what he took during his childhood.

"...isn't supposed to talk." Or maybe that was a Servant but he thought that was unlikely. But if it was, he would need to fight.

"Hello I am a tree. Hello I am a tree." The almost ghostly noise continuously comes from the place where Al threw the rock in a ghostly monotone.

"Hmmm... " Altum didn't get irritated or anything, approaching the sound will be stupid, simply, he stayed at the center of the place, where he set up traps, and decided to take a light nap.

He will wake up if the traps are activated, voices are easily ignorance as long as you can think about something else.

"I am a tree." The voice gets longer and quieter as time goes on as there is a 100 times decrease to sound produced and speed that a person can speak but Tigger still continues in this useless endeavor.

Meanwhile, a certain continued to sleep... Warily though, despite being unconscious, he continued to hold on his knife.

______​

Eating the last bit of food he gathered, it has been three weeks since he didn't do anything except sleeping and eating, he simply raised his hands and sighed as he looked at a certain tree.

"I lost." But he didn't say he gave up or anything, honestly, a fight of patience, he could win if he didn't have any needs.
    "You are a Servant, transcending humans, do you even need to use those kind of means ?" All he wanted in the first place was to warm up his muscles, he knew he couldn't win, but if he ambushed them, he could make the fight last long, he will be able to relax his muscles by using them.

"I am a tree !!" The shout comes from all the surrounding trees this time instead of just the singular tree for some weird reason.

Altum sighed and continued to talk, as he simply sat next to a trap, near to the limits to where there was no traps, and said some words.

"I have come to the Arena for nothing. I didn't even fight, I can't even warm up.You are such a waste of time."

Rex walks out from behind the tree that he was waiting behind. "One should never let oneself be disadvantaged in a fight mister so if you came just for a warm up then you are stupid that means you show off your techniques for no reason."

"How am I stupid ? This isn't a fight if there are rules. And then, don't you understand ? A Servant is superior to a human in all means. Everything." Altum didn't show a feeling as he looked at his opponent. Sometimes, he poked a strong that was under the dirt.

"My only chance is ambushing in a place where I am safe. But you don't need to eat or to sleep unlike me. Since the very start, I have all the disadvantages I can get." Then he ripped the string and the ground under his opponent became frail, letting place to a pitfall with spikes.

"Techniques ? I have none. Techniques are so malleable, I can just change in mid way." He looked once again and stood up with a smile as he already readied his weapons.

"A fight can have rules. Haven't you ever heard of the noble sport of fisticuffs?" Whilst speaking Rex turns into a plank of wood so that he bridges the hole that was created from end to end. "Also I don't need to eat? I thought I did?"

"Let me rephrase it. I can't go to search something to eat without being ambushed or losing, you are a Servant, I can't win if I don't get you by behind which is impossible. All the left scenarios see me losing because I was hungry." Altum approached, the plank of wood, while throwing a rock at it. He continued to talk.

"A fight is a fight when life and death matter, no more, no less."
    The dagger in the right, and the short sword in the left, he waited that his enemy attacked.
    "So, it isn't a fight."

"You and me then have very different ideas of what a fight is then." The plank of wood turns back into a person on the back edge of the hole just dodging the rock thrown at it. "Hmph alright then lets continue with this "combat"." Rex proceeds to circle around the hole to get in range with Al pulling a dagger from his clothing.

"We already know the result, but as long as I can battle a bit. It is fine by me." Altum put his iron cross on his forehead before letting it go back under his shirt.

Under his feet, the ground cracked, he hold his dagger in a defensive stance, while his short sword ascended from below, aiming at his chest, his goal was to gain advantage, he needed to get advance on each hit.

Tigger steps back dodging the sword and as it is going up he proceeds to punch it in the same direction as the gap in his fingers hoping that will aid him in some way such as flinging the sword away. The sword vibrates from the impact.

"Huh ?" Altum was honestly surprised, that's the only emotion he showed since the very start of the fight, surprise. Why ? Because despite their strength, speed and all to be different, his opponent wanted to make him lose his weapon while.. He had another one, ready to do anything. In the other hand. With the dagger, he stabbed Tigger's arm, while he lowered himself for his sword to come back below.

"That's..." He thought he took precautions for... Nothing.

Tigger's arm proceeds to somehow snap around behind the attack and grab ahold of the dagger that was originally aimed at which he proceeds to try and drag Al towards himself and bring his gut into his dagger.

"Huh." Altum learnt that he could shapeshift even in quick movements, he could use it properly, he didn't hesitate a second, not even one. He threw himself into his dagger, of course, he deviated a bit his direction, so it reaches a place that can be discarded in a fight, one that won't matter much and will easy to heal.

And his short sword ascended once again, entering into the guts of his enemy. Altum didn't show any kind of emotions during those short actions, just nothing.
    "..." His movements were simply automatic, nothing more, nothing less.

Tigger slams his back into the tree behind him forcing the sword now inside him to get caught in the tree. "Nice shot mister but take this." Tigger lets go of his dagger turning his hand into a semi-wolf paw and places the claws upon his enemies throat.

Releasing his sword, Altum tilted his head toward the right to avoid, but he wasn't fast enough as it still hurt his throat, it began to flow.
    This dirty blood began to leave his body.

"..."
    He caught his dagger falling in mid-air and planned to stab his opponent once again, the eyes empty, the heart cold.

"Take this Al." Tigger's swipe having missed he now pulls it straight down raking across the chest of Al. Whilst performing this Tigger creates a hole so that he can get off the sword and try and leap forwards.

"..." Differences of strength and speed are really bothering, that was what he thought when he took the hit, however, when he saw his opponent leaping forward, and getting off of his sword, he sighed in relief and took it.

"Hmm... well, that was enough by me. I don't want the wounds to be infected. I give up. Or do you want to continue ?"

"Seeing as how you want to forfeit we will end it here I guess I feel it would be hard to continue on at this rate."

"Indeed, the combat is finished with me losing as expected." It was his conclusion on this battle, he cracked his hand and necks and below both of them, a magic circle showed itself.

Quickly, they were teleported back to the Arena, after this, the same receptionist from earlier came and said.

"Tigger win. A fight of patience, what spectators hate in others terms. However, the fight at the end was particularly... Regular.
    Anyway, good job. Altum, go to the infirmary to get your wounds disinfected."

He didn't leave him a single choice and he did exactly as he asked while Altum waved at his former opponent.
    "Perhaps at another time."

And he left while the receptionist said to Tigger.
    "Weird kid. Anyway, Tigger, you won, there isn't any rewards as it was a friendly combat, hmm, perhaps you have something to say about the combat ? Give your opinion ? Or would you like to leave right now ?"

"My opinion is that he would have won that fight not me if we had continued and that it took a really long time because of the meticulous planning of those involved over any other problem. Anyway if that is regular I don't want to be involved in an epic fight."

"Time played a major role in this fight, and an epic fight... Let's say that it is dangerous to even the spectators." The receptionist said on a casual tone as he seemed to remember a distant past.

"Anyway, good fight, I will go resume my work." Simply, he left, not waiting for a reply or something along those lines.

"Note to self never watch something that is being called an epic fight it may be extremely bad for your safety."

And the winner is @TiggerBane who won this combat, his name can be heard once in a month by someone who may have seen this combat.

OOC: And here goes the first fight of the arena thread~

Exitiumm likes this.