| Roleplaying |Age Of Heroes - Central Plaza

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Naraku, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ludo entered the central plaza, sitting in the howdah on top of Ollie. It was always a pain getting past the guards, and many times he spent a few days outside the gates waiting for the authorization to pass. Even then, he was only allowed to bring Ollie to the Central Plaza to sell his goods; other places were off limits. Considering that Ollie was a five meter tall elephant, it was indeed reasonable. Still, Ludo was a bit disgruntled by the slow process. Although he had much better conditions then many of the other travelers, with him having a bed and shelter, he still longed for the meals and service of an inn.

Ludo felt the crowd's lingering gazes on him as he had Ollie stop at an empty space. He climbed down and began shouting, "Selling alcohol! Wine! Beer! Scotch! Ale! From the north to the south, the east to the west, I've collected the various alcoholic drinks of the world!"

He glanced around at the curious masses when he spotted a pretty girl walking out of a guild hall. His eyes gleamed. Pretty girls were the best when it came to demonstrating delicious taste. He walked over quickly and put his hand on her shoulder. As he neared, he noticed that the girl was roughed up a bit, but that did nothing to diminish her looks. "Pretty miss, would you like to try this delicious Croon Spirit? It's a known alcohol famous for its delectable fizziness and light alcohol content! Here, have a sample!"

2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was headed out shopping when I heard a voice

"Pretty miss, would you like to try this delicious Croon Spirit? It's a known alcohol famous for its delectable fizziness and light alcohol content! Here, have a sample!"

while also feeling a hand on my shoulder, I looked over at him, from what he said, he seems to be a travelings tradesmen and so I took a sip from the cup he gave me, no reason to suspect he would poison me in public nor does he have any reason to. "It's fizzy, and....seems good as a side drink." was my impression of it.

I've had experience drinking heavily alcoholic drinks in my previous life or world, since I've been to places where the people throw their own waste in as they drink from it, for my father, that practice was undesirable and so he was able to influence the country to have clean drinking and living water. One thing he made me do, was train my alcohol tolerance to the level where Vodka may seem like a normal strength drink to me.

"now would you kindly release your hand?"

3. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ludo looked at the unfazed girl, dissatisfied with the result. He had confidence in the Croon Spirit. It wasn't one of his bestselling drinks for nothing. His lips pursed as he analyzed the situation. It wasn't looking good. First impressions, no matter what people say, are very important in imprinting a connection in people's minds. Experience told him if he was able to amaze the crowd on the first day, he wouldn't be absent of business for at least the next few days.

His eyes narrowed and he put on a wide eyed look as he removed his hand. "Oho! Girl! You surprise me! Huhu, I refuse to believe I can't make you grin with joy!" He made sure to stand in front of her, and Ollie, being the clever elephant he was, trotted over and used his trunk to hand over a bottle of alcohol to Ludo.

Ludo glanced at the bottle and winced a little inside. This was one of his more rare bottles. However, a cup of Kool-Aid for a few days of consistent business was worth it. He pinched the cork and popped it open, pouring the liquid into the cup in her hands.

"Pretty girl, this is one of my rarer alcohols, congratulations! This alcohol is made of special berries, grown with magic, and changes its taste for every sip! If you can remain unfazed after trying this, I truly admire your standards!" Ludo waved his hands in the air and spoke loudly, getting the crowd to stare at the girl.

4. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at the elephant and grinned, It had reminded me of the show the Arabian traders put on when I was a child and it seemed so large. Though what I did not notice, was that the small smile that leaked onto my face coincided with me finishing the drink he gave me. It was, good, so I told him "It's, quite good." I finished the cup and handed it back to him.

"Er, My apologies for not giving much of a reaction to the first drink, It's because sweet drinks don't interest me that much, nor are they disagreeable." I had recognized that I may have done a slight to this merchant person but decided that it was the price for suddenly putting his hand on my shoulder.

5. Raineternal

Raineternal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A couple minutes after being placed in the guild room bed, Zayne starts to stir. Rolling onto his side an abrupt burst of pain hits him and he is immediately wide awake. "Urgh, god this hurts, my ribs!!!"

Curling up in a ball Zayne thinks back to the fight. Boy, that almost couldn't have gone more badly. If Leona wasn't there who knows what could have happened to him? Having seen from the sidelines the combat between the two he could honestly say they were way above him in terms of skill level. Strangely though, as he thought more and more about it, he felt like he could use those techniques. He just needed to familiarize himself with them so he could actually use them. Thinking further on the topic though he remembered that Leona had asked him not to display those techniques. He decided that he would abide by his friend's wishes on that matter. Still though, those intermediate stances were just gorgeous to look at. They had a real nice flow to them though they were interrupted by that spear-man's precise jabs.

Remembering the spear-man and seeing the spear placed by his bedside however, he remembered that guy who attacked them with his ferocious and never-ending attacks. The spear thrusts, sweeps and slices were like a form of art. Leona's sword techniques were forbidden for him to use, but that spear dude's techniques were free game right? Perhaps he could even modify them to make them even better. From his angle of the fight and with the benefit of hindsight, he saw what he couldn't back then and saw the flaws in each party's techniques. If he improved this spear-man's technique couldn't he not be a burden anymore in a fight?

His aching ribs reminded him that he was still pretty roughed up and he decided that maybe he would look for a merchant outside that sold medicine. then he would practice and train so that he wouldn't be a burden to his future teammates. Grabbing the spear and his bag of things, he habitually put on his appearance concealing robe and headed out into the Central Plaza where he could hopefully find a merchant selling medicine.

When he entered the Central Plaza however, the first thing he noticed was a 5 meter tall elephant. Were his eyes playing tricks on him? How the heck could there be a 5 meter tall elephant in the Central Plaza? And was the Leona there? It seems she's pretty happy after drinking from that cup the merchant gave her. Perhaps this merchant may have some of the medicine I need?

"Hey merchant with the 5 meter tall elephant! Do you perhaps have any medicine that's useful for curing broken ribs?"

leegood likes this.
  6. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh? So its a matter of taste. Then have no worries! Here we have an alcohol with a truly unique taste. I can guarantee it will not taste like anything you have before! It is not sweet, not sour, not bitter, not salty, nor is it spicy! A special drink made by the denizens of Corpse Hill, they say it can only be described as death! However, I must warn you, this has such a high alcohol content it can be considered poison unless you have a trained liver!"

This was no longer about business. The first time, it could be the girl had tasted better alcohol. The second time, he had mistaken her tastes. By now, he could tell she was not ordinary. To remain unfazed after tasting the rainbow of tastes Kool-Aid had yet continue to seem unfazed, even if it was a facade he admired her ability to keep up a facade. This gave him the confidence to offer some Yern-Draught. Ollie, aware of what was happening, hesitated for a moment. However, he saw the challenging gaze of Ludo and handed him a bottle of Yern-Draught while putting away the re-corked bottles of Croon Spirit and Kool-Aid.

As the air stood still for a second, a shout echoed over to Ludo and the girl. "Hey merchant with the 5 meter tall elephant! Do you perhaps have any medicine that's useful for curing broken ribs?"

Ludo blinked before gesturing to Ollie. Ollie used his trunk once again and handed over a bottle. Ludo smiled at the man and waved the bottle, presenting it with dazzle. "My good sir, although this merchant has no such alcohol, I have this bottle of Moloko! A fantastic alcohol that lets you hallucinate your fantastic dreams! If you wish to escape the pain and live a heavenly time, I recommend this alcohol as the perfect anesthesia!"

Ludo then turned back to the girl. Although it was rude to the man, he had to be assured. "Well? Will you try this cup of Yern-Draught?"

OOC: @Raineternal look at my character, the pocketed blanket holds all the alcohol for sale

7. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright." I drank it and...It had the kick of a strong vodka "That's really good!" I was a bit surprised that they had anything this strong, Of course, I drank the entire cup licking the last drop on my lip. "Thanks for the free samples, I guess I'll take a moment to browse your wares." I had an idea of what my items were worth, and decided I had an excess from the hunt I had just been on.

Some of the crowd had already moved closer, with some going "I'd like a sample too!" of course, I was already looking at what he offered and asked him "What's the, general item exchange price for each drink you gave me samples of?"

8. Raineternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Zayne sighed, it turned out the merchant only sold alcohol and nothing else. It seemed that his trip to the Central Plaza was a waste of time. Although he was injured, Zayne decided to practice the spearman's moves anyways and increase his tolerance to pain. It would be embarrassing, if not deadly to faint again out there outside the city. He had to get used to it and so he might as well train his technique while at it too. Zayne went a little out of the way and decided to go to the Arena and see if there were any rooms available to practice in. Perhaps there were even fights going on that he could spectate and learn from seniors their techniques.

P.S Are the fights in the Arena only between players and there are no fights from other folks? Also are there rooms to practice in there for free?
    @Naraku

leegood likes this.
  9. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ludo smiled, satisfied, at the outcome. If the Yern-Draught couldn't solve the stillness of the girl, nothing would. Not unless he took out his private stash.

"I have only recently arrived to the city. Most of my trade has been done in the northern part of the continent, and only not long ago did I decide to journey to the capital. Please, give me a offer."

10. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'll offer a set of woolen clothes for two bottles of croon spirit, and another set of woolen clothes for a bottle of kool aid." Thinking that I may be paying less then it's worth I added on "3 bottles of ration rum, 5 1x1 meter treated Rat pelts, 5x Kilograms of Dried Monster Rat meat for 1 Yern-Draught"

11. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm . . . I have all the clothes I need, and I don't need any pelts currently. Would you happen to have some precious metals or jewels? These are objects with a consistent value, so I would feel more safe trading for these. However if you happen to have a book, I'm willing to give two bottles of each for it."

OOC: ask naraku about books

12. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm, The this tiny silver slip for 2 or 4 bottles of croon spirit?" Thinking of the prices back home, and historically, It seemed about right. But I've never had such a drink before, making it hard for me to guess the value of the drink so I was speculating in it by offering my only 'money' I had.

13. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ludo smiled. "Hmmm, okay. Since you've shown me quite a sight, I'll give you four Croon Spirits for that silver piece."

leegood likes this.
  14. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    I blanked out for a moment, What sight? I gave him the silver piece and awaited the bottles of drink.

OOC: (Add it to your inventory, I'll remove the silver piece then add the four croon spirits)

Wobbly likes this.
  15. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm looks like people start to forget about our mercenaries group,well it can't be helped since now the only alive member is me" he mutter it quietly.
    Rook passing through the central plaza and going straight to the first house in the west side out of the plaza.
    He saw a house that having a mini black flag with red cross symbol in the middle it
    "Open identity stone"
    At his word the door of the house shining a little and then he opened it.

Wrush*
    The dust welcomes him Σ(-`Д´-ノ;)ノ
    Cough*cough*
    "Ahhh it can't be helped since I always stay in the main base" he lamented (bad luck of day curses accomplished)
    While cleaning the empty house sometimes he wander is it the correct decision to keep the mini house for gathering spots before quick transportation,It can't be helped he thinking that way since having a house itself quite cost a fortune especially one house and one mansion(main base of battalion).

Thankfully for him since the mansion is near foggy swamp the taxes in the low one and the Red Claw Battalion already paid for 10 years in advance to establish themself as elite mercenaries group,but for this house! he paid the same price yet it only lasting for 5 years.
    Rook almost coughing blood at the sight of many material wasted to pay for this empty building,but then he facing his gaze to the plaza and he realized that he already in fortunate side one,he directed his gaze at the store vendor who worked very hard and some servant/master that still living in public house.

His gaze then become lonely and lonelier looking at the crowd that enjoy their own living festivals,yet he remember that he can't live with normal human since he has his own dark secret.

Rook closed the door from the inside and placing the teleportation stone in the living room.
    "Well time to go home" he said to himself
    And teleported to the main base(mansion) of the R.C.B.

Ooc i update my living story in this world to detail one
    The caster who help rewrite his memory -> Witch of the foggy swamp
    The mercenaries group he join in -> Red Claw Battalion mercenaries group
    To be continued in hunt [the witch and the musketeer]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  16. Raineternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Having just returned from the Arena, Zayne mutters, "Looks like the Arena is only for fights, no practicing allowed huh?"I guess I'll ask around and see what kind of herbs can be used to treat bruised ribs."

Having asked around the Central Plaza, Zayne was directed to the only apothecary still operating whom he asked about medical supplies. However, the apothocary replied that they were all out of stock as unfortunately all the medical herbs gathered in the Golden City were from the Fairy Forest. Strange things have been happening there and all their normal suppliers and herb gatherers disappeared and haven't been heard of since.

Zayne, sensing that there was something afoot asked the apothecary if he could try his hand at gathering medical herbs. "If all the herb gatherers you sent have disappeared, then why not let me try? Do you have a book on the various herbs that could be gathered there as well as the methods required to obtain them?"

The apothecary scoffed at him. "Bah, a complete amateur wants to go trying his luck in the Fairy Forest? Are you mad boy? There are all sorts of natural illusions and formations in that forest and we herb gatherers have taken generations to memorize some of the correct paths within. Even if you did get lucky and stumble along the correct path so what? A herb could turn out to have gained spirituality and been waiting for you to get close to absorb your body! What could you do with that clearly amateur way of holding that spear!"

Zayne stood there astonished at the lecture the apothecary gave and in a firm unyielding tone he said "Sir, I would like to try anyways!" The apothecary mumbled "Youngsters these days......" "Fine, look over in that corner, those are the spare tools our shop's herb gatherer had before he disappeared. I'll let you take a look at the book but you can't speak of it to anyone nor will you be able to take it with you! You got until I finish gathering up all the herb gathering supplies you need!" "Bah I don't know why I'm even letting you do this, you can't learn all the methods to gathering herbs in the book in just a brief glance anyways." The apothecary turns to get the equipment needed and Zayne flips through the book titled 'A guide to Fairy Forest's herbs and fauna.'

OOC: To be continued in a hunt I will post in the hunting thread.

17. Wobbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ludo took the Silver Piece, carefully placing it into his Hip Bag before giving the pretty girl the bottles. He smiled at her, one that anyone could tell was of undeniable happiness, and told her his thanks.

"Thank you for your business! I hope to see you again!"

18. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    I nodded and replied the same, I then headed off to look at what shops I would be interested in the future to note down,

Wobbly likes this.
  19. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    <central plaza - unnamed restaurant - morning>
    The restaurant owner looks very busy cooking something with his assistant,many customer that stand in the bar are bussy flirting with the waitress while waiting their food to be served. As the rest of the crowd distributed the seat near the counter or in the middle of it,usually people that need to talk about something seat themself in the corner.

Rook who waited to fishing some information seat himself near the counter yet near the corner seat in the left side opening a book and reading it silently after ordering a bottle of water,peanut,and chicken thighs.
    at first glance he looks like someone who immersed in reading something,yet he actually focused in hearing any intel that spoken by people who eating in the restaurant.

leegood likes this.
  20. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    I was getting a bit of a dry spell after walking around for so long looking at the local values of items, I walked into a restaurant and was given a pint of very diluted ale, or perhaps, cleaned water. I looked around the restaurant to see what the locals dressed like and started to feel that I should save up for a 'local's outfit.

Clozdark likes this.