| Roleplaying |Age Of Heroes - Hunter Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Naraku, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Shafome

Shafome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually finally posting another part! Been super busy!
    The two of us stood in front of the hallway. Entering without an inventory was dangerous, and it could definitely get us killed, but we had to do some scouting. Finding this place was far too annoying to do, if we left to try and prepare more.

(I will go first, Master.) Lazarus deciding to take the initiative rushed along, before his blue green body suddenly changed into a sickly green. He stopped, and we both turned around, seeing the puddle of water on the floor.

"...So, it will take whatever it decides to take the first time...this is definitely dangerous." I dropped my bag, and approached the slime. This time, nothing changed, and my bag stayed where it was, indicating that this place was probably following certain rules. The specifics of which, were still unknown. I frowned, and continued down the dark hall. We couldn't turn back at this point.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    It was strange. It seemed that this hall was endless, as we just kept walking, but no real distance was covered. The way back to the entrance wasn't any longer, and the light at the end of the hall wasn't any closer. But, when we tried to return to the entrance, the same occured, and we couldn't reach it. (Master. We may be stuck in some type of loop, or other magic. But, where are the signs? We are only walking, and not even being attacked, so why?)

I shrugged at his question, having quieted down and retreated into my thoughts. I had heard of loops in magic, and endless hallways, but they were more for protecting something. This was more like...a test, of sorts? "Let's just keep moving." The light wasn't getting any closer, but I wasn't getting tired at all, meaning either this place was replenishing my stamina, or this hallway was far more magical than humanly necessary. Lazarus just rolled along, every now and then pointing out some difference in the stone, or carving in the wall that seemed important, but on further study proved to be purely decorative. We went along like this for some time, until we realized that we had finally reached the light at the end, showing two branching paths that led to wooden doors. I turned right, and took but one step, when I felt my foot sink into the ground, and the formerly quiet door being blown open. The shattered pieces of wood flew towards us, but they weren't the biggest problem. The larger issue, was the massive skeleton that kicked it open, and was now walking towards us.

Clozdark likes this.
  2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [New Limited Mission] - Investigate Fastus' territory.
    Fastus is a leader of the cult named Moira, recently, a lot of information about him have been leaked, and also... fake guards have always been an issue, and it looks like Moira is up to something, more than that, it is related to invocation, and apparently... it seems like this is about demons, but is it only demons ? That is the question.

Mission's Reward :
    The reward depends on your performance, it will be one of those two depending your route, and X Exitus/Melius of Tier I to V, of course, the possibility of it being IV is quasi non-existent, and V is currently impossible.

... After a while, Gravis shook his head and remembered something, he wasn't exactly in the mood, but he still decided that he had to compensate and reward them. So, he went away and came back with vials for the one on Mystery Route and… an odd white ball that was strangely shining.

“The vials are for helping the ones that didn’t die and want to become Heroic Spirits in the future.

“I will be honest, Mystery isn’t something we can give, what we are doing is…. forcefully put Mystery into someone to increase their power, their… abilities but… for when they will die, because, even we give you a power that isn’t supposed to be… given, it’s supposed to gather naturally in you. Let’s take for example… your blood, if you didn’t lose any, if you put more, it will provoke a dysfunctionment. The vessels will explode due to too much pression. It’s comparable to what might happen if we put Mystery into you. I won’t say or give details about how we created it… but even if we attract people with those. It’s dangerous. You could die, you could be crippled, but also, you can become stronger. So be wary, when you use it, be sure that there is no dangers, someone to heal you, well, a lot of thing.

Gravis then turned to a servant and had a troubled expression.

“Heroic Spirits… It always hard to give them a reward as… you are simply and somehow the accomplishment of someone on the Mystery Route, all you need is mana to survive, the mana that you absorb is the world’s. Anyway, what kind of reward then could we give you ? The response is this orb, this white ord which either enhances your ability, give you a new ability, or even, in very rare cases, enhance or form a Noble Phantasm. You absorb it through absorbing it, it is advised to absorb in a region in peace, as you need time to absorb it.”

“Both objects are separated into five ranks, simply named.
    I, II, III, IV, V.
    The one for the lowest, the five for the highest. The one we are going to give you are both level III. Then I will begin to give details about what does.”

“As for the vial named : <Exitus>...”

I : Slightly enhance all attributes as the Class hasn’t formed yet.
    II : Enhance the attributes advantageous to a specific class.
    III : Slowly degrades the abilities to use other weapon which doesn’t fit your class, for example, if the individual is leaning toward becoming a Shielder, he will slowly be unable to use other weapons that isn’t related to a shield. His ability to wield a sword for example may disappear. As other effect, the affinity with the weapon fitting to the formed class will be stronger, and perhaps create a link.
    This link may become the Noble Phantasm. After how many vials are needed to create this link ? At minimum, a dozen, at most, never.
    IV : The link between you and the object which fits your class will be formed if it wasn’t. And if it was, it is guaranteed that this item may be at least, a Noble Phantasm, a weak one, but it might be strengthened through taking those vials more and more.
    V : At your death, you will be sure to become a Heroic Spirit, however, unlike the other servants, you wil be self-sufficient, in other words, you won’t need to absorb the surroundings mana.

“And now for the orb named <Melius>...”

I : Enhance the attributes advantageous to a specific class. Along with giving potential into the mastery of a certain weapon which fits the class of the Servant, a Shielder would have more potential in the usage of a shield.
    II : Improve an ability and increase vitality of the Servant.
    III : Help to the formation of a new ability, multiple usages will weaken the effect. At least a dozen of Tier III Melius is needed to the formation of a new ability.
    IV : Improve the effect of a Noble Phantasm
    V : Help to the formation of a Noble Phantasm if it is a object that significant to the Servant during his previous life , multiple usages will weaken the effect. At least two dozens of Tier V Melius are needed to the formation of a new ability.

"Those are the rewards for people to become stronger. There is no other way than this."

Fake guards... we need to get rid of them, that was what I thought as I was running, this time, I will not care about Avin's opinion, we need to save everyone, saving up soldiers and so we let innocent die ?
    I. Am. Tired. Of. This.

I don't want to see more people dying... I... just don't want... it hurts so much... I d-do'nt want to see more than... than... what is that...? Nevermind, let's not care about that. Yes, I can deal with it without thinking about it, I will just do this...
    I took out a crystal and concentrated something inside me which was sent into it, as the crystal cracked, a magic circle appeared near to my mouth.
    Feeling sweaty, I shouted and my voice was intensified by this spell. I need to do this. Sorry Avin, but this time, I won't listen to you. I am sorry my friend. I hope you will forgive me... this simple soldier will retreat and accept everything you did because I betrayed you... I should listen to you instead of doing what I am doing right now, but... I will listen to my emotions and bear the consequences later.

"SERVANTS ! HUMANS ! Fastus, a leader of Moira has currently send agents in Golden City ! I am Gravis ! Your favorite simple soldier ! Right now ! WE WERE ATTACKED ! By who ?! By guards ! No cultists disguised in guards ! So what do we do ?! We pursue them into their nest in the city ?! We search Fastus' territory ?! Exactly ! Exactly ! Exactly ! We need to chase them ! To make them regret what they did ! They kill our family, then we will exterminate them in self-defense ! Let's do it ! FIGHT !"

@Clozdark, @MrS4n, @TiggerBane
    (Since you all were interested.)

OOC; I will add the (finally there) exclusives rewards for Servant and people on the Mystery Route later in the first posts.

MrS4n and Clozdark like this.
  3. Shafome

Reading List:
    Link
    The skeleton was huge. It was at least double my size, and it was holding a black halberd in its left hand. The blue glowing flames in it's eye sockets were flickering and it stared at Lazarus and I. Within the first glance at it, I realized three problems. First off, Lazarus' poison would not affect it. Secondly, it had a much larger reach than I do. And finally, I had no items to help me.

(Mast-)

But I neglected to see the real danger in it. Before Lazarus could finish speaking, the skeleton lunged forward with a speed unbefitting a lumbering giant like itself. It's speed was slower than that of the Wolf Demon that was summoned, but truthfully, not by too much. The halberd swung in an arc, literally cutting through the walls of the hallway like butter, and aiming to decapitate me. I dodged, collapsing onto the ground, as the air above was cleaved in two.

Strong, Fast, and resistant to non blunt attacks. I had a mace, but whether or not I could reach the skeleton and hit it, before being skewered was debatable. The Skeleton, seeming slightly impressed that I even dodged, stopped, and turned around walking towards the room it came from. But, just as I was going to turn tail and run to prepare more, it turned and stared at me. A furious heat seemed to erupt before me, as the end of the hall turned to roaring blue flames. (...we have to follow.)

There was no other choice. The two of us followed the skeleton into the room. The area seemed to be its own type of instance, because there was a slight haze in the doorway that couldn't be seen before. But, as we stepped through, I recoiled in shock. The room was full of bodies, decomposing and freshly dead, and even then wasn't even close to full. They seemed to be from servants, hunters, and cultists, from their clothing. So many cultists. I had slightly suspected that they were involved, but if there were this many of their own members dead here, than unless they were purging them for disobedience, this was beyond their power. The Skeleton waited for me to approach, standing in the middle of the area, not even touching the ceiling. It's eyes seemed to glow once more, and a body near me burst into flames, which floated into the air.

They turned into letters, reading off words.

I am Vasti, Undead Warrior. Warrior from the outside, I assume you have come to test your strength in this realm. I will allow you to leave, only if you survive for 5 minutes against me. If you defeat me, you may go further into the realm.

As I was about to remark that I was only here to scout and observe the area, Vasti once again rushed us. While I was more prepared for it, I didn't expect the warrior to have not been serious before. With -no walls to slow its swing down, and a desire to fight a worthy warrior, the swing was around double the speed of the first one. In all honesty, I had no chance to dodge, if not for Lazarus injecting poison into my legs before he attacked. I once again collapsed, legs slightly numb as the wind pressure formed by the swing slammed into the bodies stacked onto the wall.
    The flames danced in delight and more letters formed in front of my face.

Good, Good! Survival is your only option, young warrior!

YAY! OP BOSS CLASS ENEMY!

4. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    ----------------------------

<Narration>

Gravis announcement make a huge uproar on the central plaza,hunter marching footsteps can be heard as they racing against time,hoping Fastus still in his house which is a grand mansion that belong to high class noble like the late Duke Corv Crowfall.

All the hidden cultist also trying their best to guard their leader, as fights broke out in many places inside the city, even in public house there's a few hunter that been slain as they were proven to belong to the Moira cult, This mad party just started and only one word can describe this situation..... CHAOS!!

"Well this looks fun now doesn't it I wonder where he could be I doubt he is still in his mansion after all this time." A Half beast woman express her excitement toward current situation, unlike her there’s two hunter that showing concern with this development…

<Rook PoV>

What the hell is Gravis doing?
    Does he know how much casualties will happen if fighting breaks out in the city?
    This is going to be much worse then the Baphomet incident two days ago. There’s no time for a mere throwaway pawn like them more than this.
    Then i looked at my back where the last cultist who previously chasing me crawled on the grass trying to escape from my sight.

Ctar*ckling*
    I need to move back to the city...but i'm not sure if it's already too late.... I need a shortcut.
    So let's imagine if a noble house is under a heavy raid;
    I'm sure his house have the same mechanisms as Duke Corv.... I am sure there should be a hidden underground labyrinth connected to a sewer system for a noble and his family to escape through. But where would he go after that?

Let's do an analysis, there are 3 main exit points for the capital city sewers. Northwest where I finished off Duke Corv, Southwest which is still under construction and also the place Lily saved those children ,good then the only option left is the Major sewer exit in the East I guess I will head there first.

<Din PoV>

“Is this for real? Even fool know the consequences of this action.“
    Seeing the action taken by Gravis, I can't help but be taken aback. Did this guy eat some shit to make such an absurd action. Doesn't he know that if a fight were to happen in the city countless people would be injured including those that are innocent.
    "Damn, I can't let that happen," clenching my fist I rushed following the masses toward Fastus territory.
    While following the masses, Din spots Rook who's taking another route different than the masses.
    "It seem like Rook has another shortcut, I had better follow him from behind," After that, I start stealthily tailing Rook from behind.

<Tigger PoV>

"Well I guess I will follow after thoose two whom split off from most of this groups rush especially seeing as how I don't want to be caught up in that brawl."

<Rook PoV>

At this rate i can't catch up in time if I'm running, but i am sure it will be different if i am flying...
    I need someone to hold Viona and bring her here....
    'Raine everything all right there' i asked Raine using my noble phantasm [Hearts of Doll]
    'Everything fine, except we need some more food for the children~' Raine answered, she was cooking breakfast for the children we had sheltered, i guess everything really was fine....
    'Lily can you help?' I asked Lily this time ... looks like she is still sleeping ... I shouldn't disturb her since we did do a lot of missions yesterday.
    Let see Xiao helping with the cooking, Ravenia and Withireia still in the middle of teaching the children our language, I guess she is my last chance...
    'Dandelion...i need your help'

<Narration>

Suddenly Rook stopped running, he waited for something to happen and it really happened,a black smoke suddenly circling around him and then figures of two pale skinned lady appearred, one red eyes like rubies and blonde hair that shines like a nobles, the first one is Rook's eldest daughter Viona, the second one is Dandelion she is....
    "Nii sama i bring her here" yes, Dandelion is Rook's adoped little sister.
    "Good work" Rook showed his gratitude to Dandelion and shook Viona's body which was still only half awake.
    "Ee.... it's still morning let me sleep 10 more hours " Viona pouted looking at the sun
    "Your praise is all i needed nii sama,but...." Dandelion suddenly moving her right hand to the opposite direction and from her hand two javelin flying to two different target but both of them missed...
    "Wait Dandelion... he is Din a good guy and she is…"Rook remembered that the beast eared woman who Lily snuggled when visiting public house yesterday.

<Din PoV>

I kept following Rook stealthily. Then I see that Rook stopped for a while. Using that time, I scanned the surrounding using my magical power and detected another presence.
    "It seem, I got some company huh."
    She doesn't look like she is from the cultist gang maybe some hunter going toward Fastus territory like me. Well, for now watching Rook is better.

"Hmm, why did he stop there," I mumbled to myself. Then smoke started to appear around Rook. Next two figure can be seen and then a figure suddenly throwing two javelins in my direction.
    "Damn, what the hell is wrong with you suddenly throwing dangerous things towards other people without asking!!"
    I shouted as loud as I can toward the one throwing the lance. Then I shoot the lance using my gun and deflect it toward somewhere else.
    After that, I watch the second lance which heading to another target, a beast eared woman. Seeing that, I bow my head down and pray, "Please die in one shot, so that your soul can rest in peace."

<Tigger PoV>

Tigger continued walking towards the person who she had been following before even though the leading figure stopped when a black mist appeared and then two spears came flying towards them.
    The spear proceeds to go straight through a hole that formed in Tigger's chest area. "Hmm I wonder how that looked to onlookers? ALSO IS THAT GIRL EVEN HOUSE TRAINED?"

<Narration>

Rook had some relief as neither Din nor Tigger were killed by this friendly fire, then he continued with his speech to his sister, "Wait Dandelion they're teammates.... I guess?" Rook looked a bit confused since he didn't know Tigger properly yet except the previous incident where she was unconscious.
    "Hmmm...nii sama are you got brainwashed? There's no way it called teammates if they just sneaking behind you" Dandelion still mistrusted Din and Tigger, but she got a point after all this situation is almost similar as chain of stalkers....

<Din PoV>

It seem like both of us (Protector from the shadows) are safe. Still I was kinda shocked seeing the javelin pass through the beast eared girl. Then I turned my attention toward Rook and his member and seeing the girl talked like that, I cant help but wanna retort at it.
    "Hey, kiddo don't your brother teach you to respect those older than you and one more thing don't just assume we are enemies because we follow from behind. We are special support team who will save him from danger!!"

<Tigger PoV>

Mister that is completely wrong we are walking along in a CITIES STREET and even if we were enemies threats are always nice first."

<Rook PoV>

"Support team? Not enemies? Look around! Why city guard killing civilians? Hunter fighting hunter? Civilians trampling public property? Is there any spot for trusting strangers in this madness?" Dandelion replied.

Tak*
    I give a little knock to her head; she is always like this...can't be helped everyone else is busy.
    "Look...i am sorry Din,and you too beast girl... she is having trust issues,so please forgive her, and also....Dandelion i need you to help around the house please go home first" I explained

"Fine..."she was a little bit sulky as her figures disappear in black smoke once again,i guess i need to pamper her a little after this situation under control,after all it's my fault to summon her in the first place.
    Then i move to waking Viona up who dared to sleeping in the grass when i am not looking....
    "Mmmmm...daddy wake me up after 12 more hours" she sleep talked.

<Din PoV>

Seeing that all of the fuss was settling down. I take out an apple and start eating it up. Then, I check out the remaining people properly and start talking.
    "Okay, first of all who are you and why you follow me? I don't think my charm values is so great to make other gender become aware of me."
    I directed my question towards the beast eared woman.

<Tigger PoV>

"Why else I didn't want to get caught up in the melee of a brawl whilst trying to enter into the manor or house whatever it is and you two seemed to be heading off in a nice new direction." Tigger shrugs her shoulders whilst speaking. "Also why did you follow him?"

<Din PoV>

"Well, for the ignorant one, it is not that I am following him but it is fate that made me follow him. In order not to upset the upcoming destiny I had to allow myself being dragged by the flow of fate even though I can resist it easily ."
    "So, back to our main question, who are you actually? You doesn't seem like the cultist guy and you don't look like a weakling either."

<Tigger PoV>

"Why would it matter who I am if you don't recognise me and you know I am not a cultist? Just call me nightingale okay?" Tigger tilts her head slightly to the side and grins whilst saying this."Also that sounds dumb to me as fate is what you make it but anyway can whomever is leading continue or should I just fly there on my own?"

<Din PoV>

"Yeah, yeah doesn't matter at all. So, please go and fly you wingless one."
    "By the way Rook is there some secret here that make you go toward this place?"
    Turning my attention toward Rook with questioning gaze.

<Rook PoV>

"Fly? I never said that word except in my mind,looks like we need to know who you are now" Ipointed my gun at the beast girl
    "Din,Viona prepare for battle! I shouted.

<Tigger PoV>

"So you also wanted to fly huh but I didn't know you would be flying until you said that. WHICH you would have realised if you listened properly." Tigger proceeds to turn into a bird and land on top of Din's head.

<Din PoV>

"Damn, so you can morph huh, don't think only you can morph into other thing"
    Turning my head toward Rook, I looked into his eyes,
    "So what do we do now?"

<Rook PoV>

"I don't need playing mind game with you"
    Dzing*Ctar*Ckling*
    I shoot the bird right wing with my musket followed by fast reload,lt's dangerous to have a morphling who can read a mind,i need to kill her now!
    "69 Demon seal" Viona assisted by casting a magic chain the bird body.

The seal successfully bind that morphling, now time to think for a little bit, that morphling was on public house yesterday, it’s mean there’s chance it was innocent, but to let it go is also a big risk for this time, I should leave this matter on Gravis…

"Change of plan,Din bring that morphling to Gravis/jail,after that let's meet up in East side sewer"
    Leaving that note i flew into the sky carried by Viona

When I looked into the sky the situation is a bit better ,Fastus grand mission successfully rioted, many hunters happily ransacked the belongings like paintings, decorated swords and some cultist corpses, but some others were still searching for something...they didn't found him yet I guessed.

Then i look into the sewer direction,nothing there...how about a bit further?i see a single horse cart, the coat there is belonging to Moira cultist,but it's not Fastus the driver is too fat to be him and there's only goods there, wait there's something shiny in the cart...

Dzing*ckling*..........clak*
    I successfully headshot the driver, "Viona bring that cart back home,so put me in top of watchtower here" Hitting the cultist wealth is also important objective, especially if they planned to rise back up again,without funding they will become trash tier enemies.

I kept watching the sewer from the city watchtower but there's no sign,it already 20 minutes...
    Golden cities situation also slowly came under control, I was also helping sniping from here for a few situations, is this the end? Viona also already successfully leaving golden city area, but something feels wrong....
    Right there might be another summoning circle in there!

Gratak*gratak*BLAMM*
    A quick earthquake happen followed by a giant crocodile head rising to the surface in Fastus garden,damn it... he successfully brought another demon into the city!

<Din PoV>

"Change of plan, Din bring that morphling to Gravis, after that let's meet up in East side sewer"
    After saying that, Rook fly away with the girl leaving me and the shape shifting beast girl.
    "Hmmm, he always leave me with weird things."
    Seeing Rook left I sat on the floor and put the weird bird in front of me and started staring contest with it while waiting for the seal disappear.
    --- 15 minute later ---
    "Okay, it been a long time already. My name is Din Ariecel and you can call me Din. So, can you introduce yourself now?"

(Tigger)"Didn't I already do that I told you my name what more do you want?"

(Din)"What I mean by intro not just your name but everything about you including your three size. That way maybe that guy would fall for you and take you as another one of his wives. Okay, that's a joke only, to tell the truth I have seen you before in public house and for now you just need to think some good reason to convince that guy about you."

Looking toward the horizon, I continued to talk.
    "Put aside all of that, the most important thing is we just need to go to East Side Sewer, so please fly as fast as you can and regroup with him there. I'll meet up with Gravis first to see if he got something that should be done then I shall head to East Side Sewer later."

After saying that, I transform myself, from my back black feathery wing has sprouted my skin become paler in color and my hair became longer. After that, I flapped my wing and flew toward Gravis leaving the beast girl there.

Tigger proceeds to follow Din to Gravis rather than going towards the sewer because well that is the easiest way to clear up this mess and get them off her back for now.

<Rook PoV>

Sighed*
    A chimera crocodile beast trying to get out of underground sewer, if that beast going to succeed the casualties will be increased even further...
    "As long you're within my sight,I won't let you do it"

Dzing*ckling*......tang*
    My bullet hit through the chimera finger,as that demonic being falling back to where it should belong.

Glabam*
    A second earthquake bit shaking my spot once again...
    Then i see something flying in the sky,seriously Din you let that morphling go? Did he get brainwashed?....He can transform into demon, and that morphling probably can copying his demon form too...which mean 3 demon enemies right now...

"Everything looking dire right now don't you think so Fastus?"
    I finally saw Fastus figure as he was being chased by the hunter and walking out from his home, There's bloody rugged clothes and lot of scar mark in his body,that was a solid proof he been barely escape from his downfall,unfortunately he is within my sight now...

Ctarr*
    He fallen to the ground as his right kneecap crushed by my bullet,then he dragged by the hunter party while getting beaten one more time.
    I think this is already enough for me....
    Din, that morphling, and lastly the chimera can be handled by the rest of hunters and servants, i also prefer to not kill someone i know,so i let them put you into rest....
    My figure was slowly eaten by black smoke as i left the battlefield.

<DinPoV>

Din and Tigger were flying in the sky searching for Gravis but no matter how hard they tried to search for him, it just seem like Gravis has disappeared from the city.

-----13 minute later-----

"Hmm, it seem like Gravis can't be found. Maybe he is hiding because of the outburst of this current action. Well, it isn't a problem at all. So, let's go and support Rook at East Side Sewer."
    Both of us, change our direction and flew toward the East Side Sewer. There, I could see a big crocodile like monster rampaging.
    "I can't see Rook at all. Could it be he's already eaten by the crocodile? What do you think about it?"

(Tigger)"I doubt he was eaten by the crocodile monster thing he doesn't seem to be that weak and he could fly so it is unlikely to have been the case mister."

(Din)"Indeed, i don't think he's that weak but maybe he got seduced by the crocodile? You see just like how he have plenty of wife, maybe he got a liking to the crocodile and let his guard down and lastly got eaten??"

(Tigger) "Well he doesn't like me so I don't think he will like a crocodile do you?"

(Din) "You cant say like that who know he lean toward crocodile more. By the way, do you have any plan in mind?"

(Tigger) "Never fought a crocodile before so no I don't. But I guess the major thing is to remove it's movement and keep it out of the water."

(Din) "I see, in that case, if I bring the crocodile out of water can you held him and not letting it going back into the water?"

(Tigger) "I believe I should be able to stall it but it would be better for it to be out of the water by the person who is holding it so that it is focused on them."

(Din) "To tell the truth, I'm a pacifist and I don't like to fight that's why I wanna leave it to you and you can also consider this as some sort of test to show which side you really are."
    By manipulating my word, I tried to trick the girl to do all the jobs while I can relax.

(Tigger) "You are a pacifist huh well it's a good thing that you aren't fighting but banishing then isn't it? Anyway how were you going to stop it once it's out of the water as I have no reliable way of dispatching something so big."

(Din) "Well, I can bring it out from there using my power but if it were going inside back after that, I can't do anything at all unless you can chop off all it leg and immobilized it. Otherwise if you have a better plan I'm all ears"

(Tigger) "Hmm how far would your movement take it out of the water? Anyway I can stall it for a minute at most so how long do you need to kill it?"

(Din) "Well, I can mark somewhere first and then teleported the cocodile and me into the marked spot. So, for the mark spot, I'll trouble you to choose it but it must be in my sight because I can't teleport anything out of my sight"

(Tigger) "Ahh that sounds like trouble but in your sight were is the highest and tallest point around?"

(Din)"Well, rather than high and tall point, I prefer u pick a spot which is advantageous to you and I can act according to situation by luring it first before teleporting."

Suddenly, the crystal on my chest started glowing. Seeing the glowing, I motioned to the girl to wait a bit and start to communicate with the crystal. After a while, the crystal stopped glowing. Then I turned toward the girl beside me.

"Change of plan, the demon says that he want to test his strength against the beast. So, he will take over my body later and fight the beast. For you just wait at sidelines until he deliver the beast to your place. Then you will finish it off. Got a problem with it, if yes please raise it now."

<Tigger PoV>

(Tigger) "Can't you use the teleport to get it to a high location so that it lands on the rooftops shattering tiles and injuring it's underbelly and then fight it as the demon when you can test it's strength whilst it doesn't have a home court advantage? As well as being significantly further from water so you have a longer time fighting it? Anyway every where is equally advantageous to me."

(Din) "Well, I really wish I could do like you said but that one doesn't want to listen to me. So, I'm afraid I can't just wait at sidelines there."
    Having finished speaking I fly toward the crocodile and punch it directly in it's face. After that, purple smoke comes out from the crystal and engulfs me fully in it. After that, I realized I had no control of my body for the moment. It seem that the demon has taken over control.
    "Well, just take care of my body."
    After that, I just observe the fight between the demon and the crocodile.

<Din PoV>

"It has been long time since I have had a fight. Just consider yourself unlucky dumb beast."
    Hearing the contempt from some unknown guy made the crocodile agitated, it then stared at the guy floating in the air intensely.

"Hummphh, truly a dumb beast, I shall let you taste the power of ancient race."
    Saying that, he flew toward the crocodile and give him an uppercut and then start to have a brawl with that giant crocodile.

The water has become very chaotic, whenever, the crocodile swung it tail, a deadly wave can be seen following it. No matter how strong the force the crocodile used it seem like it can't even shake the demon at all. He just leisurely threw out a punch to beat the crocodile attack earlier. After about 6 minute fighting, the crocodile seem tired and it tried to retreat.

Seeing the retreat attempt of the crocodile, a mocking smile can't help but to appear on his face. Then, he dashed toward the crocodile and punch it toward the beast girl at the sidelines.
    "This beast is just so-so, I don't have a mood to play anymore. You can have him now."
    The punch caused the crocodile to be thrown out of the water toward the beast girl. After that, the Demon Din flew out from the water and started to watch the battle between the girl and the tired crocodile which was about to start.

<Tigger PoV>

Well this is entertaining to watch and also very very dumb. I mean sure he may be strong but you don't have to tank all these blows that you could have dodged gees. At least he is mainly destroying the scales but sadly the most he seems to be doing is angering it damn. What should I become to fight this thing after it lands I guess I can use the tiling from the roof as a part of a trap as I am too poor to use iron..."

Tigger flaps up onto the roof and pulls tiles off the roofing placing them on the floor in a small pile and scattering them around all over whilst the demon fights. Then the crocodile is sent flying out of the water and lands directly on the pile of tiles shattering them and driving them into it's own skin.

"A bit more of a warning would have been nice mister demon before you flung it at me." After yelling at the demon Tigger turns into the Minotaur and dives under the crocodile slitting it's throat and rolling out to the left.

<Din & Demon Din PoV>

--Clap Clap--
    "Good, good, it looks like you're quite strong. Now while we are at it...."
    Din rushed toward Tigger and start to attacked her.
    "You could also become another punch bag"
    Before the punch hit Tigger, the fist halted.

"Haiz, I did say you can borrow my body to exercise but I never say you can just hit other people."
    It seem the fist has been stopped by Din after he's gotten back his body control from the demon. Then he revert back to his original appearance. The moment he revert back to his original appearances, all part of his body aches and he can't even exert any strength at all.

"Damn, that demon misuse my body so much that I can't even move my finger. So, girlie, go finish everything else. I am gonna recuperate here for a bit.”
    Finish saying that, Din close his eyes and start accelerate his bodily function to increase his recovery rate.

<Tigger PoV>

When that guy is better I am going to slap his face so hard he returns to this state. Why would you think I am strong it's literally because you made it have so many weaknesses that I was able to defeat him so easily and not that I am strong or anything similar to that.

After contemplating the situation Tigger turns back into a bird and flies up into the sky looking for Fastus. Peering around she notices that he is with a group of three people that appear to be hunters. "I don't think they should be heading in that direction with him now should they?" Tigger says whilst watching the group trying to leave through one of the gates which were closed at some point during this mess.
    "Ahh well nothing for it but bringing the four of them in is there."

Tigger proceeds to fly off towards them and lands around the corner behind them. "HALT you are under arrest for illegal activity within the city." Tigger states as she rounds the corner with the spear positioned towards Fastus and his guards. The guards then turn around and charge at her. The first one goes for a stabbing motion which goes right through a hole appearing in her chest.

Tigger then dives slashes the throat with the spear that the guardsmen seem to carry around before reverting to her normal form and jumping over the warrior whilst her body splits around the sword. Whilst landing she ends up smashing into the second second attacker with her arm which she then proceeds to turn into a bear claw and cuts his neck.

Leaving only Fastus and one attacker who immediately turns tail and runs whilst Fastus looks shocked and too surprised to flee. Tigger returns to bird form and picks up Fastus bringing him back to the crocodile so that she can bring guard Din as well as the results of the hunting.

<Narration>

The crowd in central plaza turned into jeering and debating over something important. Yes it something very important to the hunter, because the scenery right now is something that make any normal hunter here become confused. There’s 2 people arrested that have same figure.

The twin figure of Fastus make the hunter debating which one is real and which one is not….

“the one you arrested is Fake look at this, we already killed him and separated his head but he didn’t transform back, this one is the real target” a hunter stepping in a headless body claimed.

“no one stupid enough to kill the leader without letting him spoil everything, it must be because you noticed that guy was fake one you killed him right?” the other group of hunter pointed back, on their side there’s beaten Fastus body with a knee that bleeding a lot.

Din who watched the situation quickly noticed something flying in the sky, It was a giant bird that dropping a body near the crocodile corpse Din secured.

Now the third Fastus body making the crowd more confused….

“oh! Come on!! Three figure of same target, this must be a trap!” one of the people in the crowd yelled.

At the moment everyone focus on the third Fastus body that lastly appear, something crumbling from all gathered Fastus body and changed into some random cultist member! What actually happens in here?

<Fastus PoV>

My body breathing heavily, This is the end for me…. I slowly moving my gaze from the sword who pointed in my throat into the masked man that wielding it.

“Royal Assassin huh? Do you know who I am you messed up with?” I questioned them

“of course we knew, that’s why the King ordered us to captured you in secret” the masked man smiled

“agent XIV we already finished here” a few other masked man circling me after killing my body double, bodyguard, and lastly also a passerby caught up that seeing us.

“good work agent XX, agent XVIII “ the masked man confirmed their report and I can see he going to knock me down as he trying to hit me with the sword hilt…

‘everything is up to you [….] I left Moira cult in your hand’ I whispered….

DAKK*

My sight turned into pitch black….
    ooc: i let one of the leader Fastus get caught by the King.
    ooc2: tagged list @MrS4n @TiggerBane @Naraku @leegood @Shafome @Raineternal

Naraku and MrS4n like this.
  5. Shafome

Reading List:
    Link
    Time Left - 4:30 minutes
    Flames came to life, showing how much longer we had to last. The poison that was in my legs quickly wore off, and I stood up again. I replaced my buckler with the great shield, and held it up. It wouldn't stand up against a real swing, but if I could at least slow it down or deflect it...

Time Left - 4:25 minutes
    Vasti once again rushed me, this time the halberd in his hands erupting in blue flame. I held up the shield as Lazarus spit out a spray of poison in hopes of dousing the fire. Instead, once it came within 3 feet of it the poison evaporated into a cloud. As the swing came near, I could feel the air heat and sweat began to pour out from me. I didn't get the chance to dodge as I crouched a bit and tried to deflect the swing with the area of least resistance.

Time Left- 4:20 minutes
    Instead, the tip of my shield was sliced clean off, and with just a second of touching the flame the metal began to grow red. I retreated even further as Vasti once again jumped back to the center of the room. Good, Good! Keep putting up a fight, and I will be able to really let loose! (Master, we can't win. He's toying with us. If he just kept swinging we'd both die!) I nodded, having long realized the fact that the more serious he got, the less chance I had at surviving these five minutes. But, I doubted that this guy was the type to just let me do-

Time Left - 4:10 minutes
    Another swing came, but Vasti didn't even move. A wave of blue flames roared towards me, consuming all the bodies on the floor and growing a darker hue. I grabbed part of Lazarus and ran, a quarter of his slimy body falling away and being burnt to nothingness from the flame. The skeleton just stood there, bony hand outstretched and burning. The tip of my shield was gone, part of Lazarus was burned away, and I had nothing that could turn the tides. If I had gotten stronger and consumed more, I may have been able to do something but...it looked like I was probably going to die here...

Time Left - 3:50 minutes
    It was strange. I just kept dodging by a hair's breadth. But it wasn't my own skill or Lazarus' help. The skeleton, Vasti, seemed as if he was only testing me.

Time Left - 3:30 minutes
    After all, every swing or wave of flame was telegraphed, and he just kept showing off his power. He was strong enough to end me anytime he wanted. In all honesty, even if I had my items I doubted that I could defeat him. Even with Miss Leona and Mister Zayne's help I doubted I could beat this guy.

Time Left - 3 minutes
    Another swing came, and we dodged. Lazarus kept bringing up various things about his skills and ability, but eventually stopped having realized that in all honesty we couldn't win of our own power.

Time Left - 2:30 minutes
    "Oi. Why aren't you trying to kill us?"

Time Left - 2:28 minu-
    And for the first time since we entered, Vasti stopped. Because, you hold promise, Warrior from Outside. And, you aren't fighting for you life yet. Do not worry. The quality of the flames changed, the formerly dark blue turning completely black. I'll be getting serious soon.

Time Left - 2:28 minutes
    At that moment, I realized that this was barely counted as a warmup before to him. I watched him for a second, move from the center to directly in front of us. And with the blunt edge of his halberd, he smashed it into my shield, shattering it and sending me flying back into the walls covered in corpses. Since you want to understand me. I'll fight you more seriously. As long as you last, you should be proud of yourselves. Even if you die afterwards.

And he was once again upon me, blunt edge bursting into flames that burned the air. I rolled, but felt my leg smashed in and burning. An agonized scream was ripped from my lungs as every part of my body felt as though it was being burned by the heat of an erupting volcano. (MASTER!) Lazarus rammed into the sturdy legs of the skeleton, and he looked upon the slime with pride. Protecting your master is a great show of loyalty! You will be remembered, young slime!

And with the ease of breathing, Vasti glanced at Lazarus and set him aflame. The roaring flames came into existence inside Lazarus' very being, burning away everything from his body, and consuming the only companion I had. And for whatever reason, Vasti just watched until he disappeared.

Time Left - 2 minutes
    And something within me broke. The burning of my body, the broken bones trying to mend themselves, the fear. It all just shattered as Lazarus burned away. There was no connection, and for a second I wondered if the flames even consumed the soul and spirit, if Lazarus would ever be able to summoned again if I made it out of this alive.
    Time Left - 1:30 minutes
    I stood up, as Vasti turned towards me once again, his skeletal face seeming to be smiling. I hate it. I hate it. I want to erase it. I want to consume it. I felt as though a cloud was surrounding me, and I got rid of it. All I needed to do was survive, right? So, what if I did more? I can't kill him, but I can fight back. I can make this walking, writing, skeleton bastard regret that, right?! I picked up the shattered pieces of my shield, and pulled out my buckler, once again placing it on my arm.
    Time Left- 1 minute
    I could feel Vasti's interested glare. If I'm so promising, why couldn't I protect Lazarus? IF I'M SO PROMISING, WHY CAN'T I EVEN DO SOMETHING SIMPLE LIKE BLOCK ONE MEASLY ATTACK?! The blood running down my arm seemed to turn silver, as it wrapped around the pieces of the shield and my buckler. It forced them together, my blood, my shield. Even just once. I'll block him, no matter what. I stood facing him, my eyes glaring into his. A challenge? I see. Fine, I'll bisect you here and now.

Time Left - 50 seconds

He approached at the same speed, and I raised my arm. Though broken and battered, I didn't care. I wouldn't let him. The swinging halberd seemed to scream, as the black flames covered it. It wouldn't change the outcome. Vasti was strong. Crazy strong. But not beyond the monsters I was told about back home. Not beyond the monster that gave my family it's strength. If it was the ranking system here, while he could destroy a large portion of the city, he wouldn't be able to single-handedly destroy it all. While both the Baphomet and the Wolf would lose to him, I could tell it would be difficult for him to fight outside of this place. I raised my shield, placing both my feet in a stance I never learned. I could feel my blood surging in anticipation, and a drop of saliva came from my face. I'd consume a part of it, no matter how little, after I blocked the attack. The burning swing came into contact with my shield, and I felt my legs sink into the floor. I tightened my stance, as the black flames seemed to rush into my blood, going to into my body and burning me from within. But there were no screams, only grim determination. Vasti looked at me with surprise, before putting even more force into his attack. A crack formed on the shield, but I filled it in with my blood. And, the desire burning within me awakened. The flames trying to burn my body were pushed out as the endless hunger burst out, trying to consume even a small part of his weapon. Even if it was just the still burning tip. My blood roared out, coating the tip and melting it, eating it for my own benefit. Until my shield shattered.

Time Left - 30 seconds
    Good. Immensely better than I expected. Well, I shouldn't just leave you with such an unsatisfactory end, should I?

The ever burning time disappeared, and the flames seemed to focus on Vasti's body. The skeleton began to shrink, a burning cloak wrapping around his body. Now then, for the last seconds, I will show you everything I have. I paled, my body already completely worn out, and barely standing. The skeleton was now around my height, holding onto an also smaller halberd. And then, he strode towards me, easy going and happy. Before just as calmly, slicing off my right arm, and everything behind it. The wall, the space behind it, everything. An empty void, left in its place. I wait for your return to my realm, Warrior Stolen From his Home. Everything turned black.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Len POV
    I returned every now and then to the clearing, waiting for their return. After all, it shouldn't take those two this long to just do a quick scouting mission. But, even after a few days passed, they didn't come out. Eventually, I sat there and waited, other fairies coming by every so often. It was quite boring, until I saw a crack form once again. I grew excited, and flew towards them, when a broken and beaten body fell out. Then, a severed arm, and finally a bag. All of them were familiar, as I recoiled in shock. "Br..Brutish slime?!" Rushing over, I checked his condition. He was still alive, but barely, probably only because of his bloodline. I didn't see his companion anywhere near him, so I suspected the worst. If I wanted him to survive, I had to bring him back home, to the queen.

"L...Lady Titania!"
    Finally wrote this. I think I did a good job, but I dunno give me your thoughts.

Clozdark and MrS4n like this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Fairy Forest's New Owners :
    With @leegood @Raineternal
    "Mm, so is it a deal ?" Altum asked as he began to drink the fresh milk that he got from a villager. True, he could give more information to tempt them more, but well.

"I guess I can read the language but are you sure you want me to?" He could've gone to a local, but I guess he would weird them out.

Zayne was a bit perplexed as he thought that learning to read was an easy skill to pick up. "Can't you just observe the people around you, note down the words they are reading off... say menus or signs and cross reference the spoken language with the words on the menu and slowly expand your repituare of words? I also recall a dictionary having the pronounciation of the words within so you can also learn to read that way."

As Zayne said this, he started to recall when he first came to this land. After a flash of light he appeared here in a foreign land not knowing much of anything. "When I first came to this place and before Gravis found me I saw all these signs that I couldn't read. However I was strangely able to understand the language of the people talking around me. What I did was ask passersby about what the signs said and I memorized both the writing and the words they spoke. I slowly accumulated my vocabulary from there and I also went to restaurants pointing to lines on the menu having the waiter explain to me what the dish was called. Shortly after, I met Gravis and he pointed me in the direction of the library where I met Leona." Zayne nods to Leona. "Though we met under strange circumstances we are now......comrades I suppose? Anyways I found a dictionary over there and filled up on the rest of the words from that book."

"Zayne, that's not that common to learn things instantly you know" I sighed for him, since he revealed one of his cards, well his call.

"Even if I watch the words they are reading, if they don't say it aloud, if I don't know at which line they are, I can't possibly know what their voice and the words say. Most people don't talk when they read. Also, how can I use a dictionary when I don't know how to read or to write ? Also, people want compensation when asked something, if I wanted to learn, I would have nothing, but for you two, I have something which is information."

"Mmmm... I went to the library but couldn't read anything. I went to restaurant and asked what they had, most of them didn't even have a menu. Anyway, should I begin to expose my information ? And also, why do you even say that ? I mean, you get way more benefices than me. You could just nod and stay silent."

"I'll see what Zayne says" Crossing my arms I pondered what the pros and cons were.

Zayne's eyes widened a fraction and his faced stilled for a beat as Leona reminded him that people don't learn things instantly. "But didn't you and Shu learn things instantly as well? Back in the Fairy Forest when we were picking herbs I showed you guys how to do it once and you were able to do so even for the more complicated herbs......I thought everyone learned instantly??"

Turning back to Altum, he examined him some more. "You know, you are the most abnormal normal person I've met." When he had looked at him earlier when he spoke, Zayne couldn't tell anything. There were no tells or anything else abnormal about him, no increased bloodflow or any changes on his face. No way to read his emotions at all. In fact, Zayne felt a little creeped out by the expressionless man.

Deciding to trust his eyes as they reported that everything was normal...too normal in fact Zayne agreed. "Alright, you can tell us the information then and Leona and I will teach you how to read though I don't think I have taught anyone else before..."

Ignoring his comment, Altum began to tell them about what he knew, about the royalty.

"First, you may not know, but there is the king, his two sons and the Adopted Prince with no blood ties. The Adopted Prince has a really bad reputation along with despicable relationships with almost everyone. Especially with Gravis' superior, Avin the Cheerful, who is... Secretly known as someone dealing with a lot of illegal exchanges in all kinds, weapons, armors, potions, slaves.. Nothing really important, however, he had the support of the King's biological sons which want... To torment the Adopted Prince who actually also tried to kill the King long before he became Prince."

"And also, both princes have been tattooed. Coincidentally, their tattoos work the same way as the cultist's however they aren't the same... Another thing will be that... Gravis said that Avin and him were childhood friend... But somehow, something seems wrong, they never graduated together. Avin never went to a school, unlike Gravis."

"The princes may be related to the cultists. However among the three of them, they have one point common, they all harbor a deep hatred for the King itself. Some details about biological princes, one of them is quite passive and obey at every words of his brother."

"Let's go back to Avin, he is the lackey of the Prince, he is their servant, and he seems deeply linked to the cultists as... He comes from the Fairy Forest, well, perhaps Gravis too ? I don't know. But Avin definitively come from there as he was known to be... Leader of some Assassin Faction that he betrayed for some obscures reasons to join the Guard when he had much more benefits in the Fairy Forest."

"So, satisfied ? Questions ?"

Zayne nods at the information. It was quite a lot to take in. The information he zeroed on however was that this adopted Prince has bad ties with almost everyone, especially Gravis' superior. Also Gravis had suspicious points as well it seemed from his information. "Leona what do you think ?"

"Perhaps there is a reason why he dislikes the people around him"

"Do you have any more information on the Adopted Prince and Gravis?" Zayne asks Altum.

"Mmm... he is supposedly a killer. When he slips out of the castle, nobody notices him and what happens every times, people died, were they innocent ? People don't know since they never were found, all that was left were empty houses."

"Mmm... he tried to kill the whole Royal Family before he got Adopted. No, actually, he didn't have the choice when he was adopted, simply, you can say that... he was forced to become one. He publicly said that... it was a humiliation to be adopted to him. He... is ruthless, everyone on his way has been killed. Apparently, before getting adopted, he had another identity quite well-known. However, even I, do not know. Also he is currently... 16. He is a Prince since he is 15."

"About Gravis... I don't have anything else except that he might be linked, unwillingly, to the cultists. And perhaps... a spell that affected him. In what way, I don't know. All I know is that... something is missing to him. And Avin, his so-called childhood friend... that's suspicious, especially the "childhood", because it doesn't fit. It just doesn't fit to both of their stories."

"Anyway, anything more. Gravis is a special case, contrary to the Prince, he isn't specially known so getting information on him is way harder."

There is so much speculation that could be made with only this information, perhaps the adopted prince was the child of a noble who faced downfall, or someone attacked by nobles. Perhaps, even, the royal family themselves did an injustice to the adopted prince, and now all the adopted prince can think of is revenge.

"Something missing huh....well, a deal's a deal, though I'll ask you more if I come up with more questions on the subject. Come now, The library is this way." Dusting off my uniform, I started walking in the direction of the library.

When the group reaches the library Zayne heads off to find all the required books that he recalled were useful to learning how to read. The dictionary was a very helpful book, as well as a thesaurus. Zayne thought for a moment and brought back a couple cooking books as well. "So Leona, how about these books for teaching?"

"They will work for now" I started organizing the books, all this person needs is the alphabet, grammar rules, the common words, and common sentences, and lastly, pronunciation. "We'll start with this book." I took a picture book with words on it "This way you'll know what to call basic items"

"Mm." Altum looked at the book, more precisely the pictures which were all items, on each page, there was an item along with a word, with he couldn't learn how to pronounce it but he could learn how to write it. Or at least that's what he thought. On the first page, there was a bed, so the word written on it was bed. On the second...

"Mm." After seeing how worked those books, but he couldn't learn every words like this, they will need many and many and many pages. And also, he only knew words, nothing else, his vocabulary was still very limited.

Noticing this, I read each word aloud for him to hear and pronounce correctly, or rather, how I pronounce it, It was about the same for the locals, It was strange that this language and my native language were very similar though.

"I see..." Altum now knew what were the pronunciations of those words, right now, he wanted paper and ink to note the word and separate the syllables, so he could know when a word is made with this syllable, it will make this sound, et cetera. But that was too costly and he wasn't rich. All he could do was to rely on his memory which can be unreliable when it's not someone who forced knowledge in his head.

"Mm... Is there a way to learn the pronunciation...? Not of the words but... Mm, what separate each sounds of the word..." He didn't know how it was named, he was actually talking about the syllables.

Zayne sidles over to Leona and whispers. "Hey, does your ability work on people trying to learn things? Maybe you could encourage him somehow so he learns faster?"

"Mhm....Altum I think everyone has a different pronounciation of each word if that's what you mean." Zayne repeats the word Golden City several times with different syllables stressed. "Golden City, Golden City, Golden City" with each being slightly different. "Different people will pronounce the differing sounds that make up a word differently so I don't think there is exactly a right way to pronounce them. Leona what do you think ?"

Nodding I said "Do you mind if I use something on you?" to the man with raging emotions."Mm, so is it a deal ?" Altum asked as he began to drink the fresh milk that he got from a villager. True, he could give more information to tempt them more, but well.

"I guess I can read the language but are you sure you want me to?" He could've gone to a local, but I guess he would weird them out.

Zayne was a bit perplexed as he thought that learning to read was an easy skill to pick up. "Can't you just observe the people around you, note down the words they are reading off... say menus or signs and cross reference the spoken language with the words on the menu and slowly expand your repituare of words? I also recall a dictionary having the pronounciation of the words within so you can also learn to read that way."

As Zayne said this, he started to recall when he first came to this land. After a flash of light he appeared here in a foreign land not knowing much of anything. "When I first came to this place and before Gravis found me I saw all these signs that I couldn't read. However I was strangely able to understand the language of the people talking around me. What I did was ask passersby about what the signs said and I memorized both the writing and the words they spoke. I slowly accumulated my vocabulary from there and I also went to restaurants pointing to lines on the menu having the waiter explain to me what the dish was called. Shortly after, I met Gravis and he pointed me in the direction of the library where I met Leona." Zayne nods to Leona. "Though we met under strange circumstances we are now......comrades I suppose? Anyways I found a dictionary over there and filled up on the rest of the words from that book."

"Zayne, that's not that common to learn things instantly you know" I sighed for him, since he revealed one of his cards, well his call.

"Even if I watch the words they are reading, if they don't say it aloud, if I don't know at which line they are, I can't possibly know what their voice and the words say. Most people don't talk when they read. Also, how can I use a dictionary when I don't know how to read or to write ? Also, people want compensation when asked something, if I wanted to learn, I would have nothing, but for you two, I have something which is information."

"Mmmm... I went to the library but couldn't read anything. I went to restaurant and asked what they had, most of them didn't even have a menu. Anyway, should I begin to expose my information ? And also, why do you even say that ? I mean, you get way more benefices than me. You could just nod and stay silent."

"I'll see what Zayne says" Crossing my arms I pondered what the pros and cons were.

Zayne's eyes widened a fraction and his faced stilled for a beat as Leona reminded him that people don't learn things instantly. "But didn't you and Shu learn things instantly as well? Back in the Fairy Forest when we were picking herbs I showed you guys how to do it once and you were able to do so even for the more complicated herbs......I thought everyone learned instantly??"

Turning back to Altum, he examined him some more. "You know, you are the most abnormal normal person I've met." When he had looked at him earlier when he spoke, Zayne couldn't tell anything. There were no tells or anything else abnormal about him, no increased bloodflow or any changes on his face. No way to read his emotions at all. In fact, Zayne felt a little creeped out by the expressionless man.

Deciding to trust his eyes as they reported that everything was normal...too normal in fact Zayne agreed. "Alright, you can tell us the information then and Leona and I will teach you how to read though I don't think I have taught anyone else before..."

Ignoring his comment, Altum began to tell them about what he knew, about the royalty.

"First, you may not know, but there is the king, his two sons and the Adopted Prince with no blood ties. The Adopted Prince has a really bad reputation along with despicable relationships with almost everyone. Especially with Gravis' superior, Avin the Cheerful, who is... Secretly known as someone dealing with a lot of illegal exchanges in all kinds, weapons, armors, potions, slaves.. Nothing really important, however, he had the support of the King's biological sons which want... To torment the Adopted Prince who actually also tried to kill the King long before he became Prince."

"And also, both princes have been tattooed. Coincidentally, their tattoos work the same way as the cultist's however they aren't the same... Another thing will be that... Gravis said that Avin and him were childhood friend... But somehow, something seems wrong, they never graduated together. Avin never went to a school, unlike Gravis."

"The princes may be related to the cultists. However among the three of them, they have one point common, they all harbor a deep hatred for the King itself. Some details about biological princes, one of them is quite passive and obey at every words of his brother."

"Let's go back to Avin, he is the lackey of the Prince, he is their servant, and he seems deeply linked to the cultists as... He comes from the Fairy Forest, well, perhaps Gravis too ? I don't know. But Avin definitively come from there as he was known to be... Leader of some Assassin Faction that he betrayed for some obscures reasons to join the Guard when he had much more benefits in the Fairy Forest."

"So, satisfied ? Questions ?"

Zayne nods at the information. It was quite a lot to take in. The information he zeroed on however was that this adopted Prince has bad ties with almost everyone, especially Gravis' superior. Also Gravis had suspicious points as well it seemed from his information. "Leona what do you think ?"

"Perhaps there is a reason why he dislikes the people around him"

"Do you have any more information on the Adopted Prince and Gravis?" Zayne asks Altum.

"Mmm... he is supposedly a killer. When he slips out of the castle, nobody notices him and what happens every times, people died, were they innocent ? People don't know since they never were found, all that was left were empty houses."

"Mmm... he tried to kill the whole Royal Family before he got Adopted. No, actually, he didn't have the choice when he was adopted, simply, you can say that... he was forced to become one. He publicly said that... it was a humiliation to be adopted to him. He... is ruthless, everyone on his way has been killed. Apparently, before getting adopted, he had another identity quite well-known. However, even I, do not know. Also he is currently... 16. He is a Prince since he is 15."

"About Gravis... I don't have anything else except that he might be linked, unwillingly, to the cultists. And perhaps... a spell that affected him. In what way, I don't know. All I know is that... something is missing to him. And Avin, his so-called childhood friend... that's suspicious, especially the "childhood", because it doesn't fit. It just doesn't fit to both of their stories."

"Anyway, anything more. Gravis is a special case, contrary to the Prince, he isn't specially known so getting information on him is way harder."

There is so much speculation that could be made with only this information, perhaps the adopted prince was the child of a noble who faced downfall, or someone attacked by nobles. Perhaps, even, the royal family themselves did an injustice to the adopted prince, and now all the adopted prince can think of is revenge.

"Something missing huh....well, a deal's a deal, though I'll ask you more if I come up with more questions on the subject. Come now, The library is this way." Dusting off my uniform, I started walking in the direction of the library.

When the group reaches the library Zayne heads off to find all the required books that he recalled were useful to learning how to read. The dictionary was a very helpful book, as well as a thesaurus. Zayne thought for a moment and brought back a couple cooking books as well. "So Leona, how about these books for teaching?"

"They will work for now" I started organizing the books, all this person needs is the alphabet, grammar rules, the common words, and common sentences, and lastly, pronunciation. "We'll start with this book." I took a picture book with words on it "This way you'll know what to call basic items"

"Mm." Altum looked at the book, more precisely the pictures which were all items, on each page, there was an item along with a word, with he couldn't learn how to pronounce it but he could learn how to write it. Or at least that's what he thought. On the first page, there was a bed, so the word written on it was bed. On the second...

"Mm." After seeing how worked those books, but he couldn't learn every words like this, they will need many and many and many pages. And also, he only knew words, nothing else, his vocabulary was still very limited.

Noticing this, I read each word aloud for him to hear and pronounce correctly, or rather, how I pronounce it, It was about the same for the locals, It was strange that this language and my native language were very similar though.

"I see..." Altum now knew what were the pronunciations of those words, right now, he wanted paper and ink to note the word and separate the syllables, so he could know when a word is made with this syllable, it will make this sound, et cetera. But that was too costly and he wasn't rich. All he could do was to rely on his memory which can be unreliable when it's not someone who forced knowledge in his head.

"Mm... Is there a way to learn the pronunciation...? Not of the words but... Mm, what separate each sounds of the word..." He didn't know how it was named, he was actually talking about the syllables.

Zayne sidles over to Leona and whispers. "Hey, does your ability work on people trying to learn things? Maybe you could encourage him somehow so he learns faster?"

"Mhm....Altum I think everyone has a different pronounciation of each word if that's what you mean." Zayne repeats the word Golden City several times with different syllables stressed. "Golden City, Golden City, Golden City" with each being slightly different. "Different people will pronounce the differing sounds that make up a word differently so I don't think there is exactly a right way to pronounce them. Leona what do you think ?"

Nodding I said "Do you mind if I use something on you?" to the man with raging emotions.

"Mm... As long as it's not related to a weapon or magic affecting me negatively, you can." Altum has no problems but unconsciously, he put his hands in his coat. He didn't know what may happen. But he knew that if something goes wrong, the only thing he could would be to run away, and again, it may not work because he wasn't a Master, a Servant or someone on the Mystery Route, none of them.

Nodding I used my ability on him, trying to motivate him to learn faster. But as I was not sure of the effects I watched curiously.

"Mmm..." Altum didn't understand what happened, but he felt something... strange entering into him, somehow affecting his... what was it called already ? He immediately tried to destroy th-
    No he couldn't. He simply buried deep within and didn't show any differences, only one thing was different due to what she did. It only lasted a second, his hand which was in the inner pocket of his coat, holding to something, suddenly trembled, along with his arm. It was a violent tremor, if he didn't restrain his arm, an accident may have happen... like a knife getting tossed in the air.

"Anyway, let's go back to those pronunciations, there should be at least a general sound that is somehow alike no matter what pronunciation we use, there should be a common point to each of these pronunciations. For example... the sound of each.. each... mmm... those symbols that we use to make the words..." Altum didn't know that word, but it was the letters, he was talking about the alphabet.

"Oh, You mean the letters of the-" Seeing him tremble, I raised an eyebrow and asked him "Is everything alright ?" I wanted to know what my motivation helped with, whether it made him look motivated on the outside, or really motivated him on the inside.

"Mmm... yes... everything is alright... I just felt... something unfamiliar and got rid of it." Altum said as his finger pointed at the letter, he thought that it was more important to learn the quickest possible, he wanted to be able to read.

I nodded, Even I myself would not fully trust a strange feeling from someone that I just literally met a few minutes ago. "You pronounce it like" and continued on telling him what sounds letters usually make, and when they make different sounds.

After listening to her, Altum nodded and decided that it should be enough for him to learn by himself now, as long as he could remember this, he thought that he could read properly, writing, perhaps not, but reading was possible for sure.

"Alright, now we are done. So, didn't you say you wanted to teach something to Gravis' superior ?" asked Altum as he stretched his arms, he thought that it would be a nice idea to steal items, so in the near future, he could use them to trade since he didn't have much on him.

Ehhh? why would I be teaching him something? It's not like I'm a teacher--
    "Indeed, We need to stop him before this city is destroyed, from what I've gathered, this city is pretty much stopping the other places from being over-run, and if it does, There will be no place of rest."

Also, the fact that I need more items to gain more power.

"So, What can you do?"

"Mmm... I can make rudimentary traps. I can be said to have a good resilient and flexible body. My specialties are mostly around assassination but I can also fight head-on. As long as I don't wear anything heavy, in terms of fighting, I can be called an all-rounder." Altum replied a vaguely, but he thought that it was enough, he considered that as a human, a "normal" person, he was one of the strongest out there

"Oh, but I never worked in teams. What can both of you do ?"

Me, I can fight head on with the equipment I have on currently, Though I can also lead from any position."

I sighed as I have yet to master the enchanted sword Zayne gave to me, I was at that 99.99% mark, but I felt that just a bit more fighting would help me understand the sword better, and what I can do to fully unlock it's potential.

"Huh? Leona you are going to teach him something? My plan was to go and beat him up and make him confess to all his crimes but if you want to go ahead and teach him I wouldnt be opposed. If he's grateful and realizes the errors of his ways I won't be opposed to this plan. By the way you looked really great teaching Altum! It's like you were born to be a teacher!" Zayne grins and does a thumbs up gesture.

"Ah, I am pretty versatile, I can cast a glyph to shoot out a beam of destructive light, strengthen my body a bit and use bit of the sword."

"Thanks" I smiled, going back to my normal face after I see...

Altum wondered if he should correct what he said since it seemed like they misunderstood something, in other words, what he meant by 'teaching'.
    "Well, by teaching, I didn't mean it literally. For example, I could teach him about how to be silent by cutting his tongue and gag him." Afterward, Altum didn't say anything else as he walked out of the library.

...Altum leave "Well, Let's go with him then?" I started walking after him, wondering if he was leading us to the place.

Zayne walked after Leona and Altum pondering what Altum meant. "Mhm....the dictionary didn't teach me this. Teaching someone to be silent means cutting their tongue and gagging them? Leona when you said you were going to teach him, did you mean something like that?"

I blinked and looked at him "No, We really did literally teach him"

"An idiom." said Altum as he continued to walk until they arrive in a backstreet, near a huge building.
    "This is the prison. Avin often stays here as he interrogates people or trade information with criminal. Then, how do you want to enter ? Head-on ? In daylight or night ? Or simply the usual way, sneaking in ?"

I nodded, It seems I'm learning of new idioms everyday, but thats expected going to a new place. I looked at the prison "Hmmm, Strange that you say it's the usual way but I believe sneaking in would be best." I looked around the prison, looking for a place to get in and get out from.

"Yeah, we're definitely going to have to sneak in and take him outside somehow, Unless this Avin person would be willing to have a quiet conversation with us."

"I guess we should sneak in. How should we do this ?"

"Mm... the best way to get into the prison would be to knock out some guards and take their place to enter. Or to get Gravis to guide us into. However, I propose to do the former." said Altum as he rubbed his chin, afterward, he simply took his daggers and said as he was ready to do anything.

"Or we can simply get imprisoned and explore the prison by escaping from our shackles. What do you think ? Or do you have any alternative solution ?"

"Lets do that then." I saw a patrol just leave the prison, It was a 3-person crew that seemed to be on a route near us when I had another Idea "Can we try digging underneath the prison?" There was the risk of digging into a place that's not good for us, but we could always solve that by creating tiny hole to peek out.

nevermind

"Let's knock out those guards."

Silently, Altum caught someone by the throat and strangled him until he faint, actually, it only lasted a few seconds as his <embrace> was slightly strong, just a bit more, and he may have broken the guard's neck.

"...It will be easier to kill them." But he couldn't since it would bring more troubles than anything.

I nodded and took out another person with a jab of my hilt and dragged them into the bush were were hiding in.
    Zayne punched the remaining person with an uppercut and dragged him into the bushes. "Alright so I guess we disguise as the guards then?" Zayne begins to take off the clothes of the guard he knocked unconscious.

"Indeed." I took the outer clothes off the guard and started wearing it over my normal outfit since the guard uniform was big enough to do so and it made me look a bit bigger. "Alright, Since it was a patrol of 3 men if any of us have to speak it'll be you two."
    "Indeed." I took the outer clothes off the guard and started wearing it over my normal outfit since the guard uniform was big enough to do so and it made me look a bit bigger. "Alright, Since it was a patrol of 3 men if any of us have to speak it'll be you two."

"I have no complains about this plan." Altum gagged the soldier, and tied him up after removing his armor, then he wore it and tried to stretched the most possible.

"Uncomfortable." It will hinder his movements, but well, as long as he could enter in the prison, it should be alright, he didn't mind anything. After a few coughs, he looked at the two and decided to let them take a step forward since he is only a helper. He only wanted to learn how to read, if this country falls or not, he wouldn't care in the slightest.

"Please tell me when my voice sounds like the guard's voice. Oh and Leona, you don't really look like a male guard. Perhaps you should do something more?" Recalling the voice of the patrol guards as they were chatting Zayne adjusted his vocal register and tone. "Ahem, tell me when my voice sounds similar." Zayne begins to say good evening in different tones.

"Stop right now and keep this voice." Altum said after hearing Zayne saying good evening for the seventh time. After he didn't say anything else and checked on Leona.

"Then I will make it more convincing."
    I tied my hair back into a knob, hiding it in the helmet. I then stuffed the areas where male muscle is usually seen with cloths then started walking with a more open walking style.

"Mm, seems alright, perhaps... a heavier armor would be preferable but it's passable right now, they could think that you are a flower boy, that's all." commented Altum as he saw both of them somehow ready, he took the guard' weapon and put them at his belt as he kept an emotionless face.

"Its good enough then."

Zayne walks up to the entrance of the prison and says to the guards there "Good evening, I just got back from a patrol and I have something to report to the commander."

While he talked, I made myself as common as possible. Trying to make myself part of the crowd.

"Ha...? What kind of news would make you go to see the commander ?" The guards at the door of the prison asked on a rude tone as they didn't hide the fact that the commander was in the prison and not at his quarters.

"Comrade, you should know that some stuff shouldn't be talked, it will be a shame if we suddenly disappear and no traces is found, like we never ever existed. Wouldn't it be a shame ?" asked Altum on... an harsh tone, being honest, he could seem to be kind of rude. But that was convincing, guards always slandered each other in a friendly way.

"Anyway, go back drinking, we won't bother you." said Altum as he wasn't sure whether what he said will work or not. But it was true that these guards were currently quite carefree, who will try to enter in the prison after all ? It was filled with all sort of traps and was under high surveillance.

The guards being reminded that they still had their wine pouches open took a swig from the container and swayed a little. Their focus shifted from the two men and saw a seemingly smaller person trying to blend into the crowd with the same uniform as them. The guards pointed at Leona and said "Hey, whose this cutie? Hehe.....haven't seen her around before.....is she a gift for the boss?" The men who were slightly drunk ignored the fact that their division didn't employ females and that she was currently wearing a guard uniform in their drunkeness. "Hehe, after the boss is done don't suppose he'll let us have some leftovers?" The men staggered toward Leona.

Holding in any indignity I said out in my best 'courtesan' voice possible "my my, would your boss be happy if I was touched by you first before he touched me?

"Hehe, of course not~ He will not only cut our head but also drag us into the deepest abyss of hell~" The soldiers fooled around as they let the three of them pass, they thought about warning them about the traps but let's be honest, they should know what places to avoid right ?

"Then we will go." Altum smiled and took a sip of the wine they were drinking before entering in the prison with Leona and Zayne.

"Ugg... if I remember well... wasn't the boss quite cheerful recently...? Especially after the attack... there was... I don't remember~ Let's just drink more and have some fun in the tavern later~" The guard said to himself, or he thought aloud while Altum, Zayne and Leona entered deeper and deeper into the prison.

"So Altum, do you know where the target might be in this prison?"

]As Zayne said this and while they were walking in the corridor, Altum was flipping a coin in the air and then before reply to a question, he stopped them and looked at the coin that he didn't catch, the coin that fell on the ground... or not. It passed through the ground.

"Traps." That was all he said, they were in a corridor, there was only one way, there was no other way to enter into the prison. He took another coin and threw it at the ground against the right wall... it fell again, then he did the same thing to wall at the left. It didn't fall this time.

"Walk against the wall of left, otherwise you will fall. And Zayne, he is probably in the underground as this is the best place to interrogate people due to the atmosphere it gives." Altum walked near to the wall of left and always checking in front of him if the ground was "empty".

I bit my lip a bit before I noticed the coins and taking the left most route. "traps in the hallways, a sign to keep people out and in."

I looked around, perhaps their was a brick that stuck out oddly that may lead to a hidden passage.

Altum slightly touched the wall and simply said after a sigh.
    "Don't touch anything that seems suspicious or something that may open a secret passage because it would be a trap. Obviously, guards go to see him however I don't think they are supposed to know things like secret passages, so let's just... take the normal passage for now."

At the same time, he continued to talk, true, it may be messed up due to the humongous numbers of trap but guards should only know how to avoid traps, nothing more, nothing less. It's better to make Avin believe that they are really guards.

"Just ignore everything and avoids traps. That's the way to go."

(o.o)!
    Being pulled back a bit suddenly I was a bit surprised but guessed that zayne had a reason to pull me back that had something to do with his eyes.

"I think we're nearing the location, lets quietly take the superior to a hidden place then talk to him"

"Mm... there they are." Altum said as he saw the stairs descending, it was time to see the superior, honestly, wandering and checking if there was any traps was tiring.
    With the both of them, they stepped down slowly but carefully, the hands caressing the walls, the feet slowly descending and the hand on the dagger, ready to slice at any time.

"Light." There was light at the end of the stairs.

Zayne says to Leona "So Leona want to try posing as a courtesan to the superior? He would let his guard down that way." Zayne stifles some laughter and places his hand over his mouth again

"I don't think he'll be that drunk" i pouted a bit as I continued onward "lets get this over with."

"I don't understand." Altum said as he saw both of them interacting, he couldn't comprehend why Zayned laughed and why Leona pouted, but in the end, he simply discarded this thought and looked at the man in the underground which... saw them. No it seemed like he was waiting for them.

Avin began to talk on a playful tone.
    "So so, could you please present yourself dear friends~? Oh wait, don't tell me... Leona, Zayne and... an unimportant person named Altum. A servant, one on the Mystery Route and an abnormal lambda person. Isn't it quite pathetic ? So, what do you want ? Oh, and by the way, be wary of where you walk and what you touch, you don't know what might happen after all~ I remember almost losing an arm when I was drunk you see~"

At the same time, behind the three of them, a huge noise could be heard, possibly stone closing the passage, wasn't it expected ? Altum sighed and didn't say much more as he waited for Zayne and Leona's reaction since he had no emotional or concrete reason to be here.

Zayne jovial smile disappeared when Avin came into view. He walked a little closer to Leona and whispered "Leona, didn't you want to teach him something? I'll follow your lead." Zayne tightened his grip on his sheathed longsword.

I nodded then gripped my own sword, where I started preparing for a fight.
    "What do you want, since you knew we were coming and still welcomed us."

"Wait wait wait... friends... my friends, oh my dear friends, why would I want something ? Let's take this situation point by point.... first of all, I am at my home, working earnestly for the greater good, and now people who weren't invited came, ready to fight and ask to me what I want when they are obviously the ones who want something." Avin laughed after saying this. To him, this situation is quite funny. Someone break in his "house" and ask to him what he wants. Well, nothing except for them to get out from his 'home'. What else ? Ahah, right, to laugh at them, to mock at their stupidity.

"You enter in a prison, go to see someone, ready to fight. And I am the bad guy. I wanted to see who dared to break in my home, that's all ! Of course ! That's all !" Avin's tone became more and more sarcastic more he talked.

"Anyway... what do you want ? Do you want to take a drink ? Trade money ?"

"But if we truly did break in, and you truly did not want us here in the first place, we would not have arrived here so easily." I took a moment to process more of what he said.

"We prepare for conflict due to the unknown, for you may have done more in advance, perhaps you had stationed the missing guards that should have helped out in the city here."

I continued "but it seems for naught since you would have revealed them if you did, and the fact they have already-" stopping just before I 'continued' "back to the subject though, is why you let the overall fighting power decrease even if you already achieved."

Zayne just watches the arguments of the two and he feels like both make a good point. He decides to wait and watch letting Leona take the lead.

"Well, yeah, that was done on purpose, being honest. About the reports from Gravis, you wouldn't be the kind of people to be dangerous so I removed quite a lot of things and wanted to have a peaceful discussion with all of you without anything threatening all of you." Avin's voice, despite being quite sarcastic has a certain sense of sincerity, he was being honest to both of them, he didn't even have Altum in his eyes.

"And well, about the overall strength decreasing ? That's completely normal, Servants were needed to deal with the monster, soldiers weren't. This is as simple as this. I won't waste soldiers' lives." Avin said as in matter of fact as he throws a bottle at the three of them.
    Altum caught it and sniffed it, that was beer. Without any hesitation he began drinking it. He was confident that it wouldn't be poisonous since if it was. He would be signing a contract with death since Leona and Zayne would attack him, two servants against an human, the result was obvious.

I nodded, it made sense if you could preserve your own forces if their is another military force in the area that could deal with it but....

"This all hinged on the fact that the servants would defend the city. Though I guess it paid off in the end but you know what you caused." which was a drift forming in the inhabitants of the city which I would've never allowed.

Catching the alcohol I asked him "was it worth it?"
    "Mm ? Is that even a question ?" Avin's tone wasn't sarcastic anymore. The corners of his lips lifted. The arms stretched... and a mocking voice.
    "Of course it was worth it. I saved up a lot of my soldiers. None of them were wasted. Isn't it perfect ? And also, thank to this, we discovered some empty houses which gave money to the kingdom, isn't it quite nice ? It will be easier to support our dear ol' country which needs to fight against the corruption, haha !"

"There was a bunch of damage from the monster running around and many innocent lives were killed! Don't you feel anything for them!? Is it worth defending this country if it won't help defend the citizens living here? Did the servants get any compensation for fighting the monster? I see nothing being given out!"
    "Mm, but the servants will get compensation, we just need to prepare the rewards. Oh, perhaps you want to see them ? What we will give to them ? Oh, maybe you want to be rewarded right now instead of waiting for them to be prepared ! I can even give you the characteristics of what you may get ! Wouldn't that be interesting to read ?"

"So, for both of you, you will have different rewards. Tiny Zayne would get a vial, a vial that will 'give' him more Mystery, haha and Little Leona would get an orb, an white ord which grant you... oh wait."

"Nevermind, normally, it should be Gravis who should gives you the reward... I guess he is a bit too... troubled currently~ hahahahahahaha~!"

Relaxing my grip on the hilt of my sword I looked at him with a raised eyebrow "You certainly like to laugh a lot?" Glancing back at zayne and altum, then looking back at Avin "But by letting civilians get killed, you are letting future soldiers also get killed no?" I knew the civilian protection thing would not appeal to him, but him letting go of future power...I wanted to see how he reacted.
    "No worries about that ! Did you know that there is currently a lot of orphans in Golden City ? And by saving up soldiers, orphans come in, soldiers get formed ! Hahaha~ Isn't it wonderful~?" Avin's voice was still as loud as ever as his hands clapped into each other.

His attitude didn't change at all as his smile was still the same. "So, anyway, would you like to talk about something else ? Drink ? Play with traps ? To be under my guidance ? To train at restraining yourself under torture ? Let's just change to a more interesting and important subject !"

"Then, can you tell us more about how these traps operate?" Judging from how Leona relaxed her grip on her sword, it seemed she wanted to just talk to this guy instead....whatever happened to teaching him a lesson? He might as well learn something from this guy then instead so that trip wasn't a wasted effort.

I looked at them both and nodded "it seems you'requiet prepared, with the traps you placed in the hallways."
    "Mm... I never prepared traps, they always have been there even before I settle myself here, can you imagine this ?" He chuckled at his own words, because, he wasn't telling a lie, that was the pure truth, those traps were here even before his birth, that was possible.

"Haha, but I have a question, true, you asked me how these traps operate however... I have a question, put yourself in my shoes, people broke into your 'home', all of them seem threatening in their own manners, grasping and touching their weapon, they began to threaten you. Yeah, either you die killed after spilling the beans, either... you survive a bit longer. Mm, I chose the latter. I always choose the latter."

"Aaaanyway, let's not waste time, what do you want to know ? Ask questions which are really useful and I can possibly reply and I can promise on my life that I will let you leave this place without any damage, I may even give you a token so you can come back here anytime, of course, we need it to be a fair exchange, I give you something, you give me something. Simple isn't it ?"

"Don't you owe us a little first? We took down various monsters the cultists summoned and they would've cost you a fair bit of soldiers to contain no? I believe we would be entitled to a bit of a reward don't you think? Also why don't you tell us a little about that guy Gravis too."
    "Mm... Oh sure, I will give you some rewards then. Let me get it... right. Mmm..." Avin drew out a vial and a white orb.

“The vials are for helping the ones that didn’t die and want to become Heroic Spirits in the future.
    “I will be honest, Mystery isn’t something we can give, what we are doing is…. forcefully put Mystery into someone to increase their power, their… abilities but… for when they will die, because, even we give you a power that isn’t supposed to be… given, it’s supposed to gather naturally in you. Let’s take for example… your blood, if you didn’t lose any, if you put more, it will provoke a dysfunctional. The vessels will explode due to too much pression. It’s comparable to what might happen if we put Mystery into you. I won’t say or give details about how we created it… but even if we attract people with those. It’s dangerous. You could die, you could be crippled, but also, you can become stronger. So be wary, when you use it, be sure that there is no dangers, someone to heal you, well, a lot of thing.

Avin then turned to Leona and had a joyful expression.

“Heroic Spirit, It always hard to give them a reward as you are simply and somehow the accomplishment of someone on the Mystery Route, all you need is mana to survive, the mana that you absorb is the world’s. Anyway, what kind of reward then could we give you ? The response is this orb, this white ord which either enhances your ability, give you a new ability, or even, in very rare cases, enhance or form a Noble Phantasm. You absorb it through absorbing it, it is advised to absorb in a region in peace, as you need time to absorb it.”

“Both objects are separated into five ranks, simply named.
    I, II, III, IV, V.
    The one for the lowest, the five for the highest. The one we are going to give you are both level III. Then I will begin to give details about what does.”

“As for the vial named : <Exitus>...”

I : Slightly enhance all attributes as the Class hasn’t formed yet.
    II : Enhance the attributes advantageous to a specific class.
    III : Slowly degrades the abilities to use other weapon which doesn’t fit your class, for example, if the individual is leaning toward becoming a Shielder, he will slowly be unable to use other weapons that isn’t related to a shield. His ability to wield a sword for example may disappear. As other effect, the affinity with the weapon fitting to the formed class will be stronger, and perhaps create a link.
    This link may become the Noble Phantasm. After how many vials are needed to create this link ? At minimum, a dozen, at most, never.
    IV : The link between you and the object which fits your class will be formed if it wasn’t. And if it was, it is guaranteed that this item may be at least, a Noble Phantasm, a weak one, but it might be strengthened through taking those vials more and more.
    V : At your death, you will be sure to become a Heroic Spirit, however, unlike the other servants, you wil be self-sufficient, in other words, you won’t need to absorb the surroundings mana.

“And now for the orb named <Melius>...”

I : Enhance the attributes advantageous to a specific class. Along with giving potential into the mastery of a certain weapon which fits the class of the Servant, a Shielder would have more potential in the usage of a shield.
    II : Improve an ability and increase vitality of the Servant.
    III : Help to the formation of a new ability, multiple usages will weaken the effect. At least a dozen of Tier III Melius is needed to the formation of a new ability.
    IV : Improve the effect of a Noble Phantasm.
    V : Help to the formation of a Noble Phantasm if it is a object that significant to the Servant during his previous life , multiple usages will weaken the effect. At least two dozens of Tier V Melius are needed to the formation of a new ability.

"So, what do you think of those rewards ? Right, little question, which one do you think you will get ? Of course, not IV and V, that's for sure."

"Oh, and let's postpone Gravis, he is not really unimportant but not really important right now. Let's say... he is my 'childhood' friend and is... quite forgetful." Avin chuckled at his own words.

"Seems like this vial of Mystery is a trap to me. Things gained through such a method will inevitably be weaker than those gained through hard work and effort. I think it's a case of sacrificing your future potential to increase your power in the present yes? If so, you are pretty devious indeed Mr. Avin. Those who use these vials of yours would inevitably have to depend on you to provide more of them as they find themselves hitting more and more bottlenecks in their growth. That way you would be able to get desperate servants willing to obey your every command in exchange for them. Another one of your plans to gain more power Avin?" Zayne asks Avin sharply with his eyes focused and glowing.

"Indeed, It would not be wise to use them since it would become something...addictive." I looked over at Mr.Avin and raised an eye brow "Such things have high value to those that seek it, Rather, those on a path of reliance on it, but what do the other, still living servants that defended against the beast, what do they get?

"Aren't you quite greedy ? I have a question, all of you except the one there, have transcended humanity, at least, their limits, do you think this is so easy to become stronger ? How do you think we can make Servants and people with potential to become one to become stronger. If there was a safe way, it would be known. Oh right, there is another way. A Graal, yes, a Graal, it can indeed make you stronger. But then we have nothing else than weapons who aren't fitting for people as strong as you, we are humans or mages, but compared to you, we are ants to your eyes. Right now, I could just be beheaded by you, that's why I am here, because many people are displeased with me, half of the royalty appreciates me, the other wants my death, isn't that quite worrying ? And who fights Moira ? Oh right, the royalty. Half of the royalty and Moira want my death, isn't that quite joyful ?"

"Then, let me ask you something, what do you want ? Right, what do you want ? Do you think this is easy to give a reward to someone who already died ? Servants already died once, what do they want ? Right, who you were. You want to do what you couldn't when you were alive. Oh perhaps, you would like to explore the world ? So a ship ?"

"And Zayne... there is only two way to increase Mystery, the time who passes and... those vials. Do you think I would like to sacrifice the potentials of people that could help me gain benefits ? Of course not, I would only lose. And as for the vials and orbs, both of those would be released publicly, the way they would be given to the people who wants it would be simply... get it by helping our country, innovating the technologies, improving the society's situation, reducing the poverty, destroying the menaces... well, all those kind of things. I am not the one controlling the flux of Exitus and Melius."

Avin coughed a few times and rubbed his throat, he found that he said perhaps too much words that it hurt his throat... after some seconds, he took a bottle of water and began to drink as he felt quite thirsty.

"Well, free to you to believe this ant."
    "Mr. Avin, I believe you are misunderstanding something here. Or should I call you Avin Deviltongue? You seem to have quite a way with words after all. Not everyone wants a way to get to get stronger at the expense of their potential. Are you perhaps superimposing your own desires on others? I don't know about Leona and the rest, but what I want personally above all else is knowledge. All the different techniques and magic formulae you have I want to learn. Perhaps you have a way to prevent aging? Oh and land would be nice as well. I believe the poster on the hunterboard described that as a reward as well."

"Please, last names are for nobles, I am not that low yet. Deviltongue though ? It's a shame that my honesty is misunderstood... mm, as for the lands of course, there is plenty of free lands at the moment, we are underpopulated after all. Ah, and a way to prevent aging, simple, become a Servant. So, at your death, come back as a Servant."
    Some seconds later, Avin took a map and opened it, putting it on his desk with an usual smile.

"On a side note, about knowledge, well, I don't have much myself, at least, the kind of knowledge you are searching I can't possibly have it. It's costier than the Melius and Exitus after all." Avin chuckled at his own words because he didn't have the single hope to find that kind of knowledge for himself one day and...

"I am a weakling who doesn't care about knowledge, all I want is living peacefully with enough power to oppress the ones that want me harm. In others words, I don't need anything right now... or not actually, I was dragged into a mess a powers that are way above me... royalty and Moira." Avin shook his head and seemed irritated at the same moment.
    "So what's that map you have in your hands for? Also what's your relationship with the royalty? Half of them want you dead right? Which half?"

"Mm... I have a question, will you say to people who can steal your life who wants you dead ? I guess it replies to your question." Avin laughed as he flipped a coin, then he looked at the ceiling and said only a few words.
    "Don't trust anybody from the royalty except the Despicable and Unfortunate Adopted Prince and our Sick and Old but Powerful Dear King."

"...Even if I say that, it doesn't mean I cooperate with them, when life forces you, you have to work with the worst kind of persons, but which are ?" Avin seemed... serious, that was the first time since the talk began that he seemed to care about his words.

"Anyway, let's get back to the map. It shows the whole Golden City and its periphery, there is a lot of free lands, inside and outside the city. Inside, you could even get a former shop, most of the houses are emptied, even the undergrounds and eventual secret passage, 1 house on 2 are empty. Outside, well, the land is a bit wild but the earth is fertile."
    Zayne points to the entirety of the Fairy Forest. "How about this? It has a nice big Lake for scenary. The last time we went there it was quite nice." Zayne asks Leona.

"I don't mind" I nodded, it seemed, logical but mr Avon seemed to have misunderstood my question. I was asking if the other Living servants who defended the city will get anything but it's passed so ill just observe again.

"All Fairy Forest..? I don't advice this. I mean, everyone knows that this is Moira's territory which is spreading. Being honest, giving you the whole Fairy Forest is also too much, but as Moira is there, it's doable since obviously, is this place really valuable if evil inhabits it ? Well, I won't stop you but if you come back injured, don't say I didn't warn you."

Meanwhile, Altum was quietly drinking the wine that was owned by... Avin, he didn't seem to care about the people around as he said.
    "I don't have anything to drink." He didn't even have water so he took what was the nearest drink, he made some strange movements... Lifting his leg while lowering his body, it seemed like he was trying to avoid something that was above and below him, a trap perhaps ?

"Mm." After some seconds, he came back to Zayne and Leona's side, a bottle of wine in his left hand, bread in his right hand, and another piece of bread that he is holding with his mouth.

"Alright then Mr. Avin, when can we expect the deed to Fairy Forest and it's surroundings be delivered to us?" Zayne turned towards Leona "You are fine with coowning Fairy Forest with me right?" Turning towards Altum he asks "You don't seem to have asked for much either, don't you want a reward too?"

"Mm, a reward for what ? I didn't do anything. Asking for a reward right now would be akin as robbing him. And I already did." Indeed, he already stole Avin in this case, in others words, the wine and the breads.

"You can establish yourself in Fairy Forest whenever you want, nobody want to be the proprietary of the Fairy Forest due to obvious reason and the t- oh right, it was removed since nobody was tempted to get the Fairy Forest, but it still doesn't work... anyway, I guess in no more than three days should be enough to get the owner ship ? Minimum is tomorrow, and maximum is one week, but three days should be way more than enough for this." Avin shrugged and simply gave one more bottle of wine to Altum by throwing it, fortunately, the latter swiftly caught it with no problems, putting one of the bottle on the ground before putting everything in his bag.

"I don't mind."
    I had already did something while they were distracted but I'm not as foolish as to reveal it.
    "Then I believe all that is left is something to make the reward a contract on paper, just in case."

"Oh sure, let's make one." Immediately, Avin drew out a contract paper and said with a smile.
    "Let's make it together then." He didn't mind at all to make a contract paper, it didn't change anything to him.

Zayne looked over at the contract paper and discussed with Leona about the terms written on it. Essentially it was just the transference of the lands of the Fairy Forest and it's surroundings to Leona and Zayne. Checking for any hidden traps or clauses, Zayne found it satisfactory and asked Leona what she thought.

"I think it's alright" The terms seemed fine since their was not any underlying traps so I agreed.
    After refreshing himself with wine, Avin shook his head and looked at the three of them, he sighed and thought that he avoided death. That was what he thought.
    "So, since it's finished, I guess you can go back to where you come from, except if you want to accompany me for a meal." chuckled Avin as he felt a bit high at the moment, perhaps the effect of the alcohol.

"Ah, and no need to worry, you already know the way and where the traps are placed~, see you at another time~"

Watching them leaving, Avin shook his head and thought that everything was going along the plan, wasn't it for the best ? To make them go away from the city ? How wonderful, he didn't even need to do anything. He smiled and... sat on his chair, but then remembered Altum.
    "A puppet... huh." muttered Avin as he slowly fell asleep on his chair, the last thought he had was about that kid who didn't participate and did nothing else than robbing his room. He didn't show it. But he didn't understand why. He seemed to be so passionless, so... boring.

"It is said that Moira is becoming more active in the Fairy Forest..." a voice said.
    "Ehhhhh why ?!" one questioned.
    "Because there is new owner. Tsk tsk tsk." they clicked their tongue.
    "...don't they know the rumors ? All the owners died. Killed by Moira, that's where their..."
    "Shush ! Even if everyone knows, let's not talk about that !"

People continuously talked about that.

"Ah right, Avin ? You mean... what's about him ?"
    "It is said that the Adopted Prince tried to kill him. Like a few hours ago."
    "Again ? Damn, it has been happenning more and more often recently huh~"
    "Isn't it interesting ? The tensions are becoming and more intensives ! Maybe soon, the King will get rid of that bastard !"
    "That's right~ a good new !"

And people continued to talk... again and again and again...
    They won't stop spreading gossips.

OOC: Well, that's about it.
    Informations.
    In short.

The royalty is made of 4 persons.
    The King and the Three Princes.
    There is the Twin Princes and the Adopted Prince

The Adopted Prince is despised by "everyone". Everytime he slips out the castle, some houses are found empty.
    The Twin Prince seem to have link with Moira, having both the same tattoo.
    Avin has willingly and happily given the ownership of Fairy Forest to Leona and Zayne.

And there is probably other stuffs.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    MrS4n and Shafome like this.
  7. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometime after 7am, Hata left the city gates. Destination: Uncertain.

Because she didn't feel like climbing down a few hundred flights of stairs again, she borrowed a piece of wood, and slid down the steps, ending up at the bottom in left that half the time.

"Ouch...my butt..."

Ignoring the strange looks she was being given, Hata headed for the city gates, and left. Her walking speed was still rather slow, but thanks to the breakfast, she managed to make decent timing.

"Hmm..."

Studying the map that she had been given, Hata decided to travel to somewhere nearer. The Fairy Forest seemed like a good choice. Of course, the person Rook that she met seemed to be talking about some trouble there, but she didn't think too much of it.

|Magecraft - Fortis Equus Visae|

The summoned steed whinnied, slowing down to a trot as it arrived beside her. Hata gripped the reins, and mounted the steed without much problems.

"Giddyup."

True, casters weren't suited for riding, but she had ridden more than her fair share of horses in her time, so it was fine.

According to the map, she had some time before they would reach the forest. Thanks to the steed running on magecraft, it didn't get tired like regular horses. Therefore, Hata decided to take stock of her own items.

"Inventory is empty."
    "Noble Phantasm is uncharged."
    "Equipment is rudimentary."

She didn't have a wand, and her clothes were merely common linen robes. It's not as if she couldn't use magecraft without a staff, but the cost-effect ratio was too inefficient.

Who was the one that suggested I use Tracing? Come out, I promise I won't burn you into a crisp! Did you think I'm an Archer or something? Even if I have a Reality Marble as my Noble Phantasm, it's name isn't Un*****ed B***e W***s!

It took a while for her to realise that there was nobody around to hear her retorts, and thus Hata clammed up. She then reached out for a branch, snapping it off a nearby tree, and begun focusing on it. The steed formed out of magecraft automatically righted itself, ensuring that she did not fall off it's back.

|Transmute.|

Moving the earthern essences in the branch, she redistributed it and concentrated the power at the apex of the branch. The branch crackled, and begun morphing.

Grabbing more branches, she first combined two to form a staff of adequate length, and begun funneling the earth essences of other branches into her staff. As the essences were siphoned, the material branches disintegrated and dissolved into nothingness.

By the time they reached the Fairy Forest, Hata was carrying a staff of birch wood, with a green glow surrounding it. Similarly, her originally white linen robes had been dyed light green.

|Makeshift Earth Staff: Minor increase in effectiveness for Earth Transmutation.|
    |Robes of Earth: Increase the rate at which earth essences are funneled, allowing for minor time reduction when casting Earth Spells.|

8. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked through the piece of paper I was given, saying that I co-owned the fairy forest with zayne. I was currently, exploring the outskirts of the forest, to see what the borders of my land were is my excuse, rather, I was just familiarizing myself with the land, to be a true owner. taking out my map, I started marking the fairy forest on it as I traversed along the borders, making sure the official map and my map were the same.

MrS4n, Haxagen, Raineternal and 2 others like this.
  9. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Before getting into actual combat, Hata ran through all the necessary steps to prepare. One of them included---

|Earth Wall|

She was practicing her magecraft. After all, if she couldn't use her abilities when she met an actual enemy, it would be disastrous.

"Earth spells seem to work alright...Now for the more intermediate spells."

As a Servant attuned to the essence of Earth, she could specialize in any type of magecraft related to the earth.

Her favourite was Necromancy.

|Magecraft: Ousses Terra|

Skeletons were inherently weak to crushing attacks. Therefore, she outfitted hers with armour made out of earth. It slowed them down, somewhat, but their lumpy arms hid a deceptive amount of combat strength.

"3 should be enough. Let's go."

MrS4n likes this.
  10. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    "I am bored I have not done anything for ages and food is tasting a little bland these days as well I wonder what I should do that I have never done before?" A bird drops down from the sky towards Tigger and a fish lands upon his head. The bird then lands upon Tigger's head to grab the fish and drops a fishing pole for some reason. "Well I guess I will go fishing in the golden river today." Tigger sets off towards the never ending forest so that whilst he is fishing he can get a little bit of sunlight as well with his newly found rod.

Upon reaching the edge of the river and the Never-ending forest Tigger sits down under a nice tree pulls out the fishing rod and sits there and waits for a fish to bite.

An hour later with a pile of fish Tigger decides to go for a swim in the lake as a nice big otter to see if this will be more effective. So he hides the fish and dives into the water. The water is nice and cold so Tigger forgets he was looking for fish.

A weird sound starts occurring in the surrounding like a rapid movement of water(Totally actually the jaws theme). A pike comes speeding around the bend in the river that Tigger had reached. Tigger pulls a dagger from his waist sash that had sprouted around his body for some reason and stabs it in between the pikes teeth. Tigger then proceeds to turn into a pike and has a valiant pike on pike duel. The giant pike then pulls roots up out of the bottom of the river and stabs them at Tigger. Tigger jumps out of the river and drops down as a log of wood straight onto the pikes head. RKO. Tigger turns back into an otter and with his wood pike climbs out of the river and treks back to where he hid his stuff before.

"Ahh that was a refreshing day now wasn't it. I wonder if it was because I didn't have to talk to anyone today." After realising his new life goal Tigger proceeds to find someone to cook the pike for him and sell the other fish off for some honey. "Ahh better tell them about the weird pike with wood magic as well might get a reward." Tigger becomes even brighter after realising this and heads off to the adventurer guild.

Clozdark likes this.