Recommendations Romance novel - trauma

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Dormideous, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Dormideous

Dormideous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, lately I’ve been in the mood for books filled with lemons. Ill read many tragedies or trauma books etc, something that can make me cry. Here is my request:

Requirement One: I need a book about romance between a power couple (VERY IMPORTANT that its a power couple, no harems). I don’t mind if there are ex love interests or people from past relationships but the romance part itself should be heading to a power couple in the end. To be clear though, the book doesn’t have to center around romance, as long as the romance is there I dont mind if its action/thriller or whatever.

Requirement Two: Traumatic events. There should be some trauma in the past life of either ML or FL (preferably ML) that was caused by the other one. For example, the FL bullies the ML throughout highschool and induces trauma in him but one day falls for him through whatever series of events. The stronger the trauma, the better. I really want it to make me cry and curse at the offending character.

These are my two hard requirements, outside of this Ill mention some of my preferences but you dont have to satisfy these to recommend.

1) Guilt: I want the character suffering trauma to REALLY be suffering. Like people should really pity the character. Then the offending character (who is the cause of the trauma) should feel a lot of guilt. Lots of it. The more guilt the better.

2) Happy Ending: I really wanted to make this a hard requirement but then things might get too limited and there wont be any recommendations. If you can however, I really do want a happy ending where the power couple ends up together and nuisances are resolved preferably. Also if the ending contains some sweet and fluffy then that would be epic.

3) Suicide attempt: Yeah, when I said trauma I really meant it. Bonus points if the plot contains a suicide attempt. Preferably, one that fails.

4) Pairing: I prefer if the power couple is a straight Male x Female pairing, I can enjoy Yaoi and Yuri every now and then but I can relate to characters better in the straight pairing. That being said, if you find a book that fits the hard requirements or ticks off a lot of the preferences then recommend it anyway, I may still like it.

Thank you very much for reading the post. I’m sorry that its so long but I have this itch to scratch and this itch is REALLY annoying. Did you know that once I couldn’t find anymore novels like this on this website I literally scoured the internet for more? I even scoured through wattpad and FanFiction and archiveofourown. Hell, i even read Percy Jackson fanfics, do you catch my drift when I say i am desperate? If you have a book that isn’t a translation or webnovel etc, like a conventional book from bookstores or some other place then recommend that too. I am really desperate friend, its driving me nuts and I just cant get enough of it. SOS

Also I dont mind if the book is R-18 or has sex/rape/torture etc in it, recommend it anyway. Actually scratch that, if the torture is good and traumatic then definitely recommend it even if it doesn’t follow through on the romance.

2. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Dormideous

Dormideous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LORD! GREAT ANCESTOR! THIS JUNIOR OFFERS HIS RESPECT TO THE GREAT GOD OF RECOMMENDATIONS!
    Let this unworthy one admire your unsurpassable brilliance with his worthless dog eyes! I pledge my soul to the worship of your greatness! This novel was exactly what I wanted! Rather, it was exactly what I needed! Thank you so much! Aiiiiiiii I’m satisfied, I’ve had a satisfying cry, I’ve bawled my eyes blind and I’m incomparably happy!

Bright_Lucky_Star and otaku31 like this.