Recommendations Romance with non wimp MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Rasyah23, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Rasyah23

Rasyah23 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just tired with romance in most JP novel bias. It is just tiring to see where the mc cannot take any lead to main heroine and being toyed with other girls.

I mean in my opinion to get a girl at least you have a certain confident right? It is only the basic but most of the novel I read is just plain nonsense for me. Imagine your friend that is antisocial and gloomy and not worth to look suddenly have a girlfriend or even a harem. You dont even believe it right?

For me to enjoy a novel is to become the mc. Imagine putting yourself into that position. I really like mc from isekai romcom where he got isekaid to his favorite romcom manga and confess to the girl he like from the day 1 and try to solve their relationship. That kind of romance I want to see where the mc is confident with himself.

Thank you for reading this post

2. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know man. The gloomy wimp MC is such a widespread MC type I kinda filter them out. They are wet paper in terms of presence so I can ignore them like a silent game protag (Link, Elder Scrolls protags,....)

Starter confident MCs on the other hand are grating. They are either your standard asshole confident, or basically have everything (looking at Gary Sues like MC of Campione. Normal my ass).

Sweet spot so far seem to be MCs who grow confident up to a point and then stop before going arrogant.

Rasyah23 and Toralk like this.
  4. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    how about Omiai Shitakunakattanode, Muri Nandai na Jouken wo Tsuketara Doukyuusei ga Kita Ken ni Tsuite ?

5. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bluntly put, don't read isekais if you're looking for a good romance. There are plenty of good romance novels, but I can't think of any off of the top of my head that are isekais.

You're asking for contradictory qualities. The MC who confesses day 1 is chasing a girl for her looks. That means they're probably horny and in heat or incredibly shallow. You cannot realistically expect someone like that to be devoted and not affected by other girls. If you can name a few isekais that are good and have that type of MC, please do. I would be pleasantly surprised and people would have a much clearer idea of what you want.

And honestly, if you want realism, what kind of person would be thinking with their dick when they suddenly wind up in another world? The authors that try to be more realistic often either choose to write dark twists or put off romance because who would have the time for that?

PS: I both question why you are friends with people you describe as, "gloomy and not worth to look [at]" given it sounds like you don't like anything about them and your views on "antisocial people" (I assume you mean introverts). Introverts can and do hold relationships. You do not need to be a boisterous social butterfly to meet someone.

PPS: Despite the too-common generic otaku background settings, most isekai JP MCs are not what I would call an introvert. They often start looking for companions almost immediately after the start of the story and are constantly socializing with their companions or nearby people. That is not an introvert.

6. Rasyah23

Rasyah23 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean yeah that's sound good but you know sometimes you just wake up and feel arrogant all of sudden and want to read something.

7. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Campione was never centered around romance so the author didn't write too deeply about it. Godou simply and plainly never believe the typical stereotypes that jap. mob students usually have moreso when it comes to the school caste(or he doesn't understand nor cares). Godou is someone who can befriend almost anyone and by keep following that part of him he managed to defeat a god, unlike the other campiones who did it for different reasons. However he can't tell the difference between affection or friendship when it comes to relationships between men and women, to be more specific when it comes to himself.
    The stuff about believing himself to be normal maybe due to him always acting in the spurt of the moment due to the situation requiring it, even when he doesn't want too do it in that way but....desperate situations require desperate measures, and then realizing what he has done....in short, he simply acts without thinking in the consequences....like a teen......well, he is a teen.......in the first place, all the ones who became campiones were never normal people in the first place.......yeah, Godou was a bit delusional there or he believe that being stubborn there will save him from some campione related troubles......
    I have read it Campione until the very end so i can say tha Godou at the very end change and stopped being the typical jap. MC but naturally he went through a lot, albeist unwillingly, and meet many people(and other beings), sometimes those very people beat him, so he was bound to change regardless.

8. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Beg You All, Please Shut Up

9. eredffe

eredffe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    life, once again
    the romance is not the main focus and one of my all time fav mc, he knows what he wants. he persues the fl but not a simp. i really love his personality

10. Hoouuujae60

Hoouuujae60 No One from Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    " Realizing I was in a love manga I read in my previous life on the day of my graduation ceremony, so I'll make the losing heroine happy"
    https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054904490835

This one kinda fits...read this one about a year ago, title says it all. Mc realized that he was in a manga from he's past life and he likes the losing heroine/second female lead so he chased her or something, the 2nd fl already got rejected by ori manga ml by the time he remembered he's past life...

There's no translated version though, gotta read mtl if you want

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021