Recommendations Romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by lara5642, Jun 30, 2018.

1. lara5642

lara5642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I .Just finished mtling Lucia.This had very satisfying romance.Hugo really loved his wife dearly.I want to read other novel like this where the guys loves the mc very much is possessive about her and only has her interest at heart.I can mtl as well.So if anyone knows novel with super possessive and sweet ml please let me know.I can mtl as well if it is really good and of modern setting.Thanks

2. MrAconter

MrAconter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a harem? Just to know if I want to read or avoid.

4. MrAconter

Reading List:
    Link
    So far the MC only has 1 Love interest but other are into him don´t know if that works for you or not : )

5. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the end is non-polygamy, it works. I guess I can only wait for it to be completed. Thanks for the info.:blobsmile:

6. MrAconter

Reading List:
    Link
    Well by my guess it wont end in "polygamy" situation but that's only my guess that would not really fit in with the MC at the moment but even if it is the Story in itself is good too, would recommend to look into it and make you´re own decision.

kuu0haku likes this.
  7. lara5642

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks but I am looking for romance as a main plot.

8. MrAconter

Reading List:
    Link
    Then How About "An A-Ranked Adventurer’s “Slow-living” ? Its has Romance as a main Point, its kinda slow in Story telling but really well done.

9. justanotherreader

justanotherreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tempest of the Stellar War
    Tempest of the Battlefield
    Battle Fenzy

These novels are very similar in terms of writing style as I'm pretty sure the authors are the same (and TSW is some sort of sequel to TB). The romance is there but not a main point.

Battle Frenzy has a main love interest he's into with a couple other girls who like him, but he only has eyes for that one girl.

TSW is similar to BF. One main he has eyes for while other girls are interested in him. Not a main focus.

TB has romance that is more focused, it's as prevalent as the action is. I think this one would be your best bet. Romance starts early but also starts late, wouldn't want to spoil it tho.

So far all 3 are leaning more towards being non harem novels, but if it ends up with polygamy, I wouldn't expect to see a large harem, just 2 girls at most.

"Kicked out of the hero's party" is good as well, 20 chapters TL'd and the romance is there, very slice of life. Non harem so far.

Strange Adventures of a Broke Mercenary has romance as well (I think?) They're not very romantic but hints of the main female lead having feeling for MC. Non harem I'm pretty sure.

Cooking with Wild Game (LN) (I think that's the name). This one is really good, kuudere who slowly falls in love, shes so cute. Romance isn't really prevalent, but it's not a minor point either, you see their relationship and trust with each other grow throughout the story. She slowly opens up to the MC. Plot is very well written as well imo.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  10. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lianna likes this.
  11. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
  12. MidnightWisp

MidnightWisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil
    Possessive ✓
    Sweet ✓
    It is yaoi though but honestly you can just imagine the mc which is more uke than seme as a girl honestly

13. lara5642

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is one of my favorite.I have read it many times.

14. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's start with nice romances. You're looking for fulfilling, cute ones, right? :blobmelt:

Until the Saint Loves Back
    Short and sweet oneshot. The dragon gains human form later and the story has a fairy tale tone to it.

Seijo-sama ni Nante, Watashimasen!
    A little R-rated, but it's a oneshot about a stupid couple being stupidly in love with each other. Zero angst -- in fact, you're bound to get diabetes and start yelling 'riajuu, go explode!'

Assassin Farmer
    Ongoing translation but the raws are completed. Super sweet couple. ML is gentle rather than overbearing/possessive the way Hugo is in Lucia, despite being a former assassin.

Chongfei Manual
    Probably closer to what you're looking for -- just keep in mind there's an age difference and the OTP gets together very young (it may be kinda weird from modern standpoint, but it's totally normal from an Ancient One).

Life After Marriage
    One of my favorite reads for a light romance. Mostly just a modern couple in love and their shenanigans. ML is on the possessive, black belly side.

...and I've probably got more, but I want to avoid a wall of text lol. Hope something in there fits your tastes. :blobReach:

Edit: 'Ancient One' turned into a link somehow lol. Seriously, there's a novel called that in NU?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    otaku31 likes this.
  15. lara5642

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much @scriptor These are exactly what I am looking for.Can you recommend me few more?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    scriptor likes this.
  16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course! Going to add some BL because finding good het is like looking for a unicorn lol, I'm running out...... :blobsmilehappyeyes:

From Maid to Mother
    Sweet story about a transmigrator turned maid. We see less romance and more cute family moments though.

Marietta-hime no Konrei
    This one's quite R-rated with smut, but the OTP is funny and cute. Marietta is... unique. Her standard for good-looking is MUSCLES. Like ML ahaha, so ML's demon king-level scary face doesn't phase her.

Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess’ Fiance
    Translation quality varies with this one because it's been picked up/dropped by various translators. The story is really cute though! MC's thought process is hilariously strange and ML is known as the 'android prince.' LOL. Basically about a prince so perfect that everything about the world bores him except his eccentric fiancee.

Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife
    There's a definite focus on romance but ML is, again, more the gentle type. About a man transmigrating into a woman's body -- the wife (in a marriage of convenience) with his sworn 'enemy,' in fact. It's mentioned that the MC (the transmigrator) reads more like a tomboy. Doesn't really count as BL in my opinion, since MC is a woman now and never gets a male body.

Spring Trees and Sunset Clouds
    BL. But the process of the tortured!MC's path to healing and his slow romance with ML is super cute. So is his interaction with the people around him.

The Magic Academy’s Romantic Circumstances
    A persistently in love ML and a down-to-earth MC. Another cute romance. ML has to work for it and convince MC that he's worth it.

The Villainess Is Being Doted on by the Crown Prince of the Ne
    Title is cut off lol, but link should work. It's about a transmigrator whose marriage is broken (in typical otome style) to her country's prince because of the 'heroine' character (MC is the 'villainess'). But she's wooed very earnestly immediately after the annulment by another country's prince who always wanted her but couldn't chase her because of the original engagement. Very cute, especially since MC never really liked her original fiance much and only kept up with the marriage out of responsibility.

Lianna likes this.
  17. lara5642

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor thank you so much.I really love your recommendation.Can I be shameless to ask for more if you know other novels?

scriptor likes this.
  18. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to Escape - funny hilarious short novel cute story
    And other cute story mc transmiggration into villian. I forget name.

19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda out of romance novels now tbh, ahahaha~

But if you're okay with danmei (BL), then I still have a few more fluffy ones:

Reborn into a Hamster for 233 Days
    This one is quite fluffy (as of translated chapters), but some people in spoiler thread are saying that ML could be better later on in story. It's ongoing in raws too.

This Way of Transmigration Is Definitely Wrong!
    Silly meng author transmigrates into his own action novel, only to be picked up by the villain and doted on while he's still being a little silly meng child. Note: Author is not actually a child -- only his transmigrated body is that young. And there is no hanky panky at all while his body's underage.

Agreement of Being Gay for 30 Days
    Humorous and also cute. Two rivals for the same girl decide to the turn the tables on her and 'turn gay' for 30 days. You know it's good when they flip a coin to decide who gets to top and who gets to bottom. XD

Lovable Package
    Guaranteed to make you fall over and froth at the mouth from sheer sweetness. A quick transmigration novel that's filled with nothing but sweetness and doting.

The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love
    A silly troll reader trolls his favorite stallion novel author into plunging the hero into endless darkness. Then silly reader transmigrates to the novel world and meets (and saves) the blackened hero.