RPG Character Stats

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Neiri, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In games where you could increase the stats of character do you increase the highest value or increase the value of the lowest?

For example

Stat point available 10:

Str: 20
    Def 10
    Int: 3
    Ag: 6
    luk 3
    Do you increase mainly the str or increase the lower values stats.

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, giving me the chance to min maxing will always be the dumbest idea.

In a game, who likes an all rounder?

Irl however, I will cap out Health and all its related stats, maybe Def and Ag for sturdier body and able to GTFO at an increased pace.

Remember, he who lives and runs away, lives to run another day!

3. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I would split the points acording to my playstyle. Focusing on 2-3 stats. And try to get gear/skills to cover my weakneses.

4. Tinty89

Tinty89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It usually depends on variables; though I use to just increase whatever, before I knew what I was doing.

From your example, that build seems to be a physical build, so I'd probably add Str Agi and Def, maybe some Luk; but this is without knowing what the stat represents, and would change if I knew; just inferring Agi increases attack speed / movement speed / hit rate / etc, Str increasing damage output, and maybe carrying cap.

5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it depends on the meta of the game ain't it?

For example, in the game romance of three kingdoms 6, Zhang FEI was almost totally useless due to the fact he's as stupid as a donkey and every enemy plot would work on him.

In the 4th one he's not as useless coz you can use him as second in command.

I know this isn't comparing Apple to Apple, but you get the idea.

6. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you asking for a book your writing or for a game your playing.

7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a game? Whatever the game mechanics gives the most value to, which can be anything. Real life? Strength. Trying to carry stuff when you are understrengthed really sucks.

8. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    If I go in a pure efficiency stat eval, I would say this character is trash tier, he is even a bad packing mule as he is slow as hell : his low Ag make sure he will act/react last, he will be slow to get into his effective range and won't be able to hit a fish in barrel, while the enemy could easily run in circle around him and destroy him without breaking a sweat as he has no avoidance, is dumb as a brick but certainly not as durable with his medium Def, he can't run away and doesn't have even a sliver of luck to save him... Heck, with his abyssal Int and all-around uselessness I'm not even sure his partners would want to save him if he was in a pinch...

9. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to be a ME STRONK kind of guy so I'll put all points on 70% Str, 20% Def and 10% Agi

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the game and the playstyle. Ai-chan plays for fun, so Ai-chan will look for methods that gets Ai-chan the easiest win. If min-maxing will win the game, Ai-chan will max out the STR. But if it is not that type of game, it depends on what will work. If LUK gives overall better benefits, Ai-chan will put value into it. If raising AGL means higher avoidance, Ai-chan would likely put stuff into it.

tldr:
    It depends on the game. No point in maxing STR if one hit can kill you and you can't hit shit.