Recommendations RPG

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by xTachibana, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read The Once Simple Life Of a Dungeon Skeleton.
    Im having problems posting link on my phone so just search it.
    It's quite new in Royal Road but its a fun read.

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    i generally try not to read too many (any)english novels because 99% of them either turn out to be trash or the author disappears before ending the story :v

also a lot of them either lack romance completely or are filled with rape and weird harems (like, girl sees mc and gets wet, goes up to him and joins his harem, i know some girls are easy but coem on lol)

3. shrykos

shrykos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, that's it.

5. djsosonut

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm..That doesn't seem to be a problem that's limited to english stories. I think of a many JPN/CN stories that are exactly like that. God and Devil World pops to mind. Pretty sure the MC has some hidden power that makes panties fly his way. But I'm rarely interested in romance. I think survival should take precedence in these types of stories. Any romance is flavoring and hopefully doesn't suck. Change: New World probably has the best romantic subplot I've seen, because you get the sense that the characters fall in love with each other naturally instead of it being forced into your face. Though since is not the focus of the story it may be too much of a slow burn for you.

Still on the crap english stories note: never read Once A Hero. It's proves your point completely. One of the reasons I dropped it. Way to much poorly drawn wishfullment In that. And unlike the God and Devil World the action and environment didn't make interesting enough to stick it out.

6. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    eh, it is and isnt in a way, since usually only good cn/jp novels get translated (after all, who translates a novel they hate?), funnily enough i dont mind God and Devil World too much since the mc doesnt rape girls ( i dont think hes technically raped a girl yet, but even if he did depending on the circumstances i probably wouldnt mind it anyhow) and most of the girls dont actually like him, they just give him pussy so that he will feed/protect them, which is probably what would happen in a post apocalyptic world

7. djsosonut

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I can get behind that for the most part for the same reason. But I do have a problem with how G&DW treats women in general. It a story that smacks of wishfulfilment in that all these pretty women have to keep throwing themselves at the MC in order to survive. Where the vast majority of the women are just treated as cock sleeves. I don't mind the rape and the sexism. It's the general stupidity of that mindset that annoys me the most. The MC and virtually every other male leader in the story ignores the development and fighting potential of half their workforce because of their sex. When levels and abilities make up a main part of the strength in the new world they still think the women should just stay home, give blowjobs and get pregnant. Even the MC treats females the vast majority of the women under his command as non-entities that are just rewards for the men. He'll throw a couple abilities at the women he's personally banging but the doesn't seem worried about leveling them up. And the female characters seem to think the same cause very few of them are proactive in getting stronger now that they can, and just throw themselves at the strongest male around. That aspect of the author's mindset annoys the hell out of me and knocks me out of the story a lot of the time.