S100 USD PC builds.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people are amaze by my post on how to build a PC for cheap. but seriously I can build a PC that can play game a PUBG with around 100USD. this guild is for no one other than @runsing or your rich, or you have experience. Those builds below are mostly build by people in Tuaba.

Note all GPU are use in mining b4 (high risk) all parts are USED including PSU, Ram, Even CPU coolers, HDD. All of them can Fix in to the 100USD budgets.

build one E5 (4core 4 threads @3ghz)
    • E5 1607
    • x77
    • RX 570 4G
    • 16GB ECC memories
    • $15 PSU bombs
    • 500GB HDD
    build two phenomII (6c 6t @2.8ghz)
    • x6 1055t
    • AM3
    • gtx 660 (1.5G Vram)
    • amd ram (amd ram is what we called ram die from outdated server recycle to make ddr3, cheaper but their 4bit character make them only work in AMD CPU)
    • 400w psu
    • 500gb HDD
    build three bulldozer (6c 6t @4.1)
    • fx6300
    • AM3
    • R9 270
    • 8g ddr3
    • 120GB ssd
    • 7usd junk PSU bomb
    Build four Phenom II (6c 6t @2.8ghz)
    • X6 1055t
    • AM3
    • 470 4GB
    • AMD ram
    • 60GB ssd
    • trash 450w PSU bomb

Build five i5 (4c 4t @3.6)
    • i5 3470
    • b75
    • ddr3 1600 8gb
    • PC cooler x4
    • 400w bomb psu
    • gtx660 1.5G
    • 500GB hdd
    Build six intel Xeon (4c [email protected] should Overclock till @3.4 ~3.5
    • x3440
    • h55
    • 8G ram
    • PSU bombs
    • pc cooler x6
    • R9 270
    • 120G SSD
    Build seven E3 (4c 4t @3.1Ghz)
    • E3 1220
    • H61
    • 8G ram
    • 120 SSD
    • 500GB HDD
    • rx570 4G
    • 400w bomb
    Build eight Pentium G (2c 4t @3.7Ghz)
    • G5400
    • h110
    • HD7850 2G OC 1050mhz
    • 2x 4G ram
    • shit PSU
    • 500gb HDD
    Build ninth xeon (4c 4t @3.2Ghz OC this thing till crazy?)
    • W3565
    • x58
    • 8gb ram
    • 500GB hhd
    • HD7950
    • bomb PSU
    build ten Phenom II (4c 4t @3.4Ghz)
    • b59 (Unlock extra core from bios)
    • gigabyte 770t (you need the right motherboard for it)
    • 4g x2 ram
    • gtx 570
    • 240SSD
    • bomb PSU

Over all it's Intel 6 AMD 4, so basically Intel still win in budget building PC.
    AMD no YES.

Among all the top 10 builds in tuaba, for me I would go for the E3 build, that build is most stable out of all, if you don't want the 500GB HHD you can get a slightly better PSU? if your value your life more??.
    As for performance, I would say build 9 is the best but also the most life threatening one, W3565 + 7950 is a electric eating dragon and with a bomb PSU.... serious, how did this became a popular builds.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Chafalleiro likes this.
  2. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not just record your build and upload it to youtube or something instead of here. Would be much clearer with larger audience.

3. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    that would be like 4 hours of building and 1 week of video editing, where did the fun go?
    nope, not doing videos, definitely not. And builders who appreciate those builds are mostly forums and lurking other forms.
    And those are quite the popular builds. GTX 660, R9 270, Rx570, Rx470 are all popular 2nd hands graphic cards. Most people who are In to building PC have already heard of those builds. For viewers who are new, they have never heard of AMD only ddr3 4bit rams.
    there is no point in posting only guild them in the wrong directions.
    And please only build 2nd hand hard ware if you know what you are doing especially the motherboard and graphic cards.

4. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, or buy a Raspberry Pi or something?

xiazixin and thymee like this.
  5. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't get PC under 100usd when the processor+motherboard itself already more than 100usd. electronics in developingc sucks.

TheNewGuy and xiazixin like this.
  6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    are those list for 2019 PUBG-capable builds?
    (i don't play pubg, btw. in fact i hate online multiplayer competitive games)

Your local market seems differs greatly with mine. i've stopped building AMD (pre-Ryzen) build for at least 2 years. Going for any AMD pre-Ryzen builds in 2019 is even more unthinkable. They're power hungry (increasing cost to for psu choice), and most importantly, extremely overpriced (compared to the alternative). Especially the 6-core Phenom II.

What i would go for ultra budget is- a branded, refurbished PC (think Dell, Acer, HP etc), with a minimum of i3, socket 1155. i would then pair it with at least a GTX 750 TI, for most of the variant doesn't require an external 6-pin power. throw in at least a stick more RAM into the system, and a 720p PUBG-competitive gaming pc is ready.

-while slim pc is usually cheaper than a mini tower, a lot of them comes with a custom layout, making it hard for the hardwares to be transferred to a normal casing/enclosure. basically limiting the upgrade options.
    -these mini-tower system on the other hand, usually carry at least 300watt non-junk psu, making it capable enough to even handle a card with 6-pin external power.
    -optional upgrade path if the budget permits would be to switch to an i5 or Xeon for processor, and GTX 950 or RX 460 for graphic cards.

other than pre-Ryzen AMD processor, Intel's Core i7 (any generation) is something i avoid too. Compared to similar-leveled xeon, they're too expensive. Better spend money on the next level performance upgrade, which will be an SSD, or RX 470 and possibly better PSU.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your Play time, People here don't play their PC 16 hours a day. they woks in a sweat shop for more than 10 hours. they rarely play. A more efficient PSU is a wastes. At least from rural areas like me.
    All of the builds here can 1080p pubg with minimum setting 60FPS average.
    Those likely cost at lease 3 or 4 times higher. It's like I only have 100USD and I need a systems. nothing more not even think about it.
    there are less fortunate people everywhere and they need the money. you night not know, some of them only earns like 3USD per day.

That's totally, We are the E3 cults. E3 = value for money. E3 = efficient, economic, essentials-only

some time it's hard to pick, I always think a PSU is better than a hard disk, but going up that little money is not going to get much better. any decent PSU would easily cost more than 30% of builds. and it's hard.

8. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    E5's are everywhere and cheap. They aren't the best (especially since they require ECC memory), but with a glut of them coming out of decommissioned servers, they're fun as hell to play with, and not a huge deal if you break one.

xiazixin likes this.
  9. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    oh please don't break them, you never know when you are going to sell it, and maybe landed on my hands, I could have some use for them.

10. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    We can't get one too. We are just re using what people called electronic waste.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  11. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    when i say power hungry, i don't mean it in cost of usage. i mean it in terms of the hardware needed to power the cpu as well as cool it down. PSU and (extra) Cooling. those WILL BE an extra cost (that you might need to add, for phenom II, FXs or some Xeon).
    With a branded, refurbished PC, none of those two are needed. well, except maybe add an extra casing fan. (or you can just open the side panel. not that it makes too much of a difference for an i3/i5 system with a GTX 750 TI)

that's why i started my post with "your local market differs greatly from mine".

it is unthinkable to buy/build an AMD system when a full-set, fully-working refurbished, branded i3 (2nd-4th gen) systems can be bought for ~50-60 USD around here where i am. even an i5 is only 20-30 bucks more. 50 bucks can easily get you a GTX 750 TI. the non-TI version is even cheaper.
    the combination of i3+750ti can handle PUBG at 1080p with not much difficulties. though if you want to be competitive, 900p should be better option. or choose RX 460 / GTX 950 which is like 5-10 bucks more than the GTX 750 TI

again, this is what i mean by 'market difference'. and from what i've seen, you've overlooked the refurbished branded PSU choice. or you probably don't have them locally.
    Dell, HP, Acer, often had their PSUs made by Delta or Lite-On.
    Used, old, heavy, they may be, but they're far, far better than any junk psu. the one in the picture below is a 750w HP Workstation PSU (Delta oem), which can be found for 15-20 bucks.
    deltaHP_XW5000.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    TamaSaga and AMissingLinguist like this.
  12. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    2gen 2500k 2550k 2600k is the tuaba standards if you have about 150usd to spare. Those pc can go upto 4core @4.5ghz to 5ghz. In actual game it's perform a bit lower than 9100f for a 2500k and a bit higher for 2600k. Due to intel security patches most likely.
    It have been a long time since I build a p67 2500k, 2600k. Maybe I'll build another one this month for myself.

For 750ti I think it's a bit weaker than 650ti. Should be at the level of 560ti. Not a mainstream pick like 7870, 7950, and the like. But shouldn't have much problems. But unlike 660, 7870 and 7950, it's basically a the level where it can't underclock. 84°c is still quite a view for a old cards.

As general for 2gen I3 I think my build 5 is more solid. But if you still have a working p67, z68. Go for 2600k. It's definitely worth the price. Really p67 and z68 in working condition is hard to find now. It's all dependent on luck for weather you can find one.

13. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    750 TI > 650 TI. not by much, but faster nonetheless. but most importantly is that with a 750 TI you can get by with a very low-powered psu, for its max TDP is even lower than the 650 non-TI. that's one of the main advantage of Maxwell vs Kepler (650 TI). plus, if i remember correctly, 650 TI doesn't have boost, while 750 TI does. 650 TI uses even more power than a Radeon HD 7850, iinm.

14. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    If i remember it's the opposite lol. I think 650ti is a cut off version of 660 but I can't remember all of them. as for power rating, you need to underclock them.
    so you need to plan to get 10% better than your 60fps. and reduce the core voltage. if you look at the power curve 7950 and a W3565 can do with a 350w psu if you just reduce the clock speed of your 7950 by 10% and try to adjust the voltage as low as possible without blue screen. that still give you a plenty of headroom to overclock your cpu with a 350w psu.
    voltage/clock is not linear you can lower the GPU's voltage by 30% only dropping the clock by 10% and you still get a really good temperature for your cards.

Edits: I mistake 650ti as 650ti bst, locally it's just called 650ti. anyway, 750ti was not even popular during launch date, so I don't even bothers checking it, 660 is really good lol.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  15. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    7950 is a 12-pin card. i've used one myself.
    sure, the total system power with a xeon at full stress might not go over 350watt, but what 350watt psu can handle it? perhaps if you get a top-tier model, a 350watt would be able to support the system, but is it worth it going for 350watt of that level?. not to mention, which 350watt model comes with a 12-pin ( 6x2) pcie connector? please don't tell me you're taking the power from sata/molex and convert 4 of them into the 12-pin

edit.
    i just noticed, you said w3565. isn't that thing a 130watt model?
    now i doubt any non-gold rated 350watt psu would be able to properly handle the system. i know some psu are able to handle more than it was rated for. for example my last Seasonic X-400 fanless.
    but it is still a very expensive model. even then, i would still avoid using it for the combination of w3565 + 7950. to me, it is not the hardware like processor, motherboard, ram, gpu that's important. it is my harddisk. i can replace any burned/damaged hardware easily, but a lost data... :notlikeblob:

in the first place, why would you even go for a 7950 if you're going to underclock it after. was it that cheap to get?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  16. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    it's basically 18 usd... 4usd cheaper than 750ti.
    but those cards went though countless mining hypes and changed countless owners.
    I tried xeon and 7950 underclock a bit and it's 350w and below with rooms to spare and gpu is less than or at round lower 60℃

17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to comment, none of these builds would cost $100 where Ai-chan lives. GTX570 alone is already $80. That's not including other stuff. Just one 4GB DDR3 is already $60 and that's old technology that supposed to be phased out already.

18. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    well, all electric waste are shipped to Shenzhen. And people in Shenzhen are monsters, they are necromancers of electric wastes, literally revived dead graphic cards and Motherboards.
    Basically all electric wastes be it laptop, pc or other electric appliance in recycling truck all will be shiped in Shenzhen no matter where you are. So 2nd hands builds tends to be really cheap. But if you use Aliexpress or Taobao. you can get a similar price + shipping fees.
    Some people intends to pass down their graphic cards to their grand children too, nothing wrong with that, so they sell at a ridiculous price.

TheNewGuy and Ai chan like this.