Discussion Sakura- IN MY OPINION

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by AQZ, Jan 29, 2021.

1. AQZ

AQZ 《[re]tired frog》

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched Naruto when I was young, and yea sakura was really annoying. No doubt, she was a useless member of team 7 in my opinion.
    Lately, on tiktok everyone be hating on sakura, and yea I understand, I even agree with them.
    BUT, is she really trash?
    Let's be honest, sakura is the only person from team 7 who wasn't given her powers from birth, she worked for it.
    Naruto complained that his dad gave him a power that he didn't want and ostracized him from the village, but let's be honest. Naruto would be nothing without Kurama.
    Sasuke, please that emo-brat needs to grow up.
    I get that sakura is annoying, but sasuke and naurto were too.
    They were orphans yes, so I'll sympathize with them for that, yea it sucks not having parents and always being alone, but they were born lucky.
    Sasuke inherited his powers from his family, and even if they're all dead, it wouldn't change the fact that he's an uchiha.
    Naruto can be prissy about being left alone in his childhood, but his dad basically gave him his powers from birth.
    Sakura might be the most annoying character in Naruto, but IN MY OPINION, she's the one who developed the most.
    Yea, you can argue that Naruto and Sasuke had to train to get their powers to be as strong as they were, but you cannot deny that they had a head start.
    Naruto is likeable, but their is no way that he could've trained that far and fast without Kurama and Sasuke, IN MY OPINION inherited his talent from his clan, there is no way you can deny that the Uchiha were a gifted clan

2. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time out, time out.....
    First, Kurama wasn't willing to help Naruto in the beginning it was only afterwards that he matured and managed to comprehend and start to master Kurama's power; then Kurama started to lend him power by it's own will. The issue is, Naruto wouldn't have been capable of mastering nor controlling Kurama's power in the beginning of the series in fact Kurama would have controlled him and destroyed everything it saw.

.......I won't mention Sasuke since his problem was rather in his clan problems, personality and how he acted.

In Sakura's case,.....well, what annoys me the most is her actitude and personality. She aimed to be medical ninja since she wasn't capable of doing anything for Naruto and Sasuke but as a result of Tsunade's training she end up becoming (truly)strong physically

Mnotia likes this.
  3. AQZ

AQZ 《[re]tired frog》

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if Kurama wasn't willing to help, he saved Naruto's ass when he was younger... on multiple occasions, like when Naruto didn't have enough chakra or was gonna lose to neji, Kurama's chakra leaked.
    Sakura is an annoying character, she acts entitled and belittles others, no doubt. But even with tsunade's training, she def got the results by herself, and her control was good from the start, pretty sure kakashi said that(?)

4. blackitty

blackitty Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't completed natuto shippuden, but it's true that at the beginning I hated sakura but my dislike reduced to simple indifference.

5. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sakura is a somewhat badly written character. She should have been given more agency and goals of her own. She has potential but she got sidelined. I agree that she developed the most and doesn't deserve the hate.

6. Rohan Hades

Rohan Hades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be honest none of the 3 have develop much mentality. Naruto stays a paragon, when in all rights he should be more jaded than madara at the end of the series. Sasuke stayed a prideful avenger, first revenge against itachi, then danzo, then the leaf village and finally the ninja world. Sakura was always hopelessly in love with a boy she never had a real conversation with. In the first part she was ignored, 2nd part sasuke tried to kill her, then she tried to kill him and stopped because of her crush, at the final battle where sasuke called for revolution, she was on the sidelines crying out for him to just stop and to love her. When is it fine to just give up on a crush! Naruto at least did that!
    Well physically they all improved, but she didn't improve as much as she should have and that is why fans hate her. Naruto had lame teachers who in my opinion didn't care if he died. Naruto is hyper, but had shadow clones so it would have been easy to make him op quickly. Kakashi didn't tell him anything and never really taught him his greatest weakness. Jariya had him 3 years and what he got was bigger a rasengon and a uncontrollable foxy mode. Only when the village needed a weapon to defeat a bad guy he was granted knowledge to defeat the enemy. The village probably has a loyalty seal along with a mental suppressor on him. It would explain how he learned concepts of wind and senjutsu so quickly, just removing the suppressor until a skill is learned.
    Sasukes teacher's are more helpful than naruto's. Kakashi taught him taijutsu, how to use his signature move and the uchiha bloodline abilities. Orochimaru who was after sasukes body probably only taught him to refine his strengths and enough jutsu to keep him happy. Basically playing the game of keep him just weak enough to transfer into his body. He would have won if not for the sharingan bs.
    Sakura didn't have any teachers with another motive besides teach. Kakashi, she probably approached asking about how to get stronger pointed her towards genjutsu. Guessing she looked it up in the library, since kakashi didn't like being a teacher. Tsunade originally probably took sakura under her wing since she has potential and because of naruto. She learned everything in 3 years, became a mini tsunade and didn't do anything else. She could have with her control learned some genjutsu, didn't. She could have learned some ninjutsu to help protect patients on the battlefield, didn't. Taijutsu mixed with super strength would be very helpful and op, guess what, didn't. She basically can heal everyone with the yin seal at the cost of her life force, some medical jutsu and super strength which is really refined chakra enhancement. People shit on her because of her lack of agency in the story, she's introduced as a main character, but never was one to begin with and that is why most people hate her, our expectations are ruined.
    Let's be honest about starting powers and which you would choose since 2 out of the 3 have major detriments. Uchiha, you gain their eyes, but you suffer from the curse of the uchiha, aka mental disorders. Fox boy, you gain chakra for days, unlimited stamina and regeneration, but everyone you meet will have agenda or hate you. Also you have a foxy that hates you and helps you only to weaken the seal so it can escape. (Do I even have to mention chakra control problems) Sakura power, you gain perfect chakra control and great mental capacity, downsides are you are born with smaller reserves.
    I would choose sakuras starter kit every day of the week. Chakra in the end is about control. Hand signs are just training wheels and aren't even needed. Chakra is like a muscle so the more you use it, the more it will grow. Also medical jutsu is quite powerful if used right

AQZ and Deleted member 304540 like this.
  7. k_leh

k_leh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's not that useless actually. She was the reason sometimes for Naruto to fight and move on!

8. Barcuiii

Barcuiii New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sakura gets unncessary hate, but she was indeed pretty useless. At least Hinata had the guts to go against Nagato.