SAO is good.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LysUltima, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just as good as Desu Machi, ATG, Fifty Shades, IRAS, and any given Toika novel. No real substance but fun to read.
    "Good" isn't only strength of plot, character development, or literary mastery. "Good" can be how enjoyable they are. War and Peace is said to be a literary masterpiece, but could you honestly say that you weren't bored reading the unabridged translation? A Song of Ice and Fire is a modern classic, but I hated reading half of Martin's characters. IRAS may just be the same plot over and over again, but who hates the faceslap moments? SAO may have a harem devoid of personality, a plot full of holes, and a large following of haters, but it was fun to read. "Suspension of Disbelief" is a literary device needed to enjoy some classics like Frankenstein. You are supposed to accept that the monster finds clothing that just happens to be a perfect fit to his large frame on the road. There are novels where you shouldn't think "this makes no sense," but instead enjoy it.

And that brings us to the novel I'll recommend you all, Shoujo Grand Summoning. It's a fairly simple Chinese system isekai with the catch at the MC can summon girls (shoujo) from anime worlds and go to anime worlds. Fun action scenes and some helpings of smut. It might not be a Death Note, but it'll kill time in a way that you'll like.

2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The overall story was well crafted. It was logical, consistent, and flowed quite well. My only issue was the MC. He... made sense, in a way, but he was boring. I just couldn't bring myself to like him.

Come to American Faux and read translation about stories with enjoyable protagonists~

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    It was what got me into anime originally so I'd say it did its job.

4. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, there are many people who heavily disagree with you there. I liked it, but I do have to admit that there were parts that were neither logical, consistent, nor flowed quite well.

Recidivous likes this.
  5. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's good for beginners

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, actually. War and Peace was quite enthralling. ... Hmm. It did take me a couple of months to read it. Any time I put the book down, I never really wanted to go back to it. So you'd think I didn't really like it. But when I did pick it up, I was totally absorbed in reading it. I'd spend hours or even most of the day reading it. I'd have finished it much faster if it wasn't so damned long, literally forcing me to take breaks from it - breaks that I bizarrely didn't want to end.

Also, I missed your blatant advertisements. You've been really lazy about making them these days.

7. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    For people to disagree with me means that I have an opinion of my own. It's something I was able to come up with after experiencing and contemplating a certain situation. To be disagreed with is be myself~

That's why you should all come to American Faux and read stories with fun protagonists~

8. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoujo Grand Summoning......This is a novel when my mindset about "Dropping Any Kind of CN "Fan"fiction novel" wasn't that strong yet, and I was curious.....but I dropped on the very 1st arc with the MC going on Hayate's world....As a fan of Hayate no Gotoku, I freaking despised the SI MC for just Openly despised Hayate and making him looking bad, while he's acting with a freaking Xianxia MC's personality....Yeah, that novel was the trigger for my mindset.

In a different note, I don't hate SAO, and also enjoy it. I'm waiting till Oct for Alicization 2nd cour.

9. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    East of Eden? A Tale of Two Cities? Romeo and Juliet? Scarlet Pimpernel?
    What about those?
    I haven't been active for the past couple years.

10. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean years?? Nuf isn't even four

11. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Couple as in two. More like 1.7 years, but close enough.

12. Sephi

Sephi Oh ho

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah

Yolo Swag likes this.
  13. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    You gotta have more characters to farm nuffies! I think it's something like two-hundred-fifty. Something as long as this post.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was about 50 characters?? Well, short post can also help you farm nuffies, just less of them. Like five. Still there is a minimum required for that too.

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    50 sounds more correct, actually. And short posts give nothing; you get 5 nuffies from posting in the more "fun" sections of the forum:aww:

AliceShiki and Gandire Alea like this.
  16. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only one of those I ever read (or remember reading, which is much the same) was Romeo and Juliet, as in the play -- and I'm not really sure how Shakespeare managed to bore you. I first came across it in school, ofc, and my teachers knew well that the best way to capture our attention was to thoroughly explore the duality of the play's intended audience - the high and low classes of society. Err. In other words, everyone loves dirty jokes, and the play is profuse with them. Couple that with what is actually a pretty decent story, and I dunno what you'd have to complain about.

flannan and otaku31 like this.
  17. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    UOTE="LysUltima, post: 4994244, member: 86425"]You gotta have more characters to farm nuffies! I think it's something like two-hundred-fifty. Something as long as this post.[/QUOT
    This?

18. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    so that's how that worked. BTW, lys-chan, did you know??
    :blobtaco:

19. KTL

KTL Down horrendous

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit was wack to me so cant relate

Yolo Swag likes this.
  20. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought SAO as one of the best light novels in here. The only thing I don't like are those clingy girls, seriously only one girl is enough for him.

flannan, firefox1234 and Raidou99 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.