Save pictures take ur bandwidth or not?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by moevora, Jul 12, 2016.

1. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, which takes more bandwidth: downloading the manga chapters or streaming?
    nah, I am reading novel at manga streaming site.. it just pop in my mind that..
    should I save every pictures after I read then? it's already loaded anyway r8 (in browser)? it's not gonna take more data if I save it r8? but it's kinda annoying >.>

2. kokoJ

kokoJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the bandwidth is pretty negligible in each instance but if you are using your phone just use one of the compilers that download the chapters and put the settings at wifi or whatever

3. oddfreak

oddfreak NUF #1 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It should take more data to save them cause they've already been downloaded (in browser) so unless you are trying to save them in a better resolution minimal amounts of data are used

moevora likes this.
  4. oddfreak

oddfreak NUF #1 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Although if you were trying to save data on the images you used some to create this thread LOL!!!

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Saving the pictures eats more data/bandwidth

6. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    that was informative.. thanks.. If I find where it is saved in my local disk, can I open it? I mean are the pictures that loaded in the browser saved in the right format and can be opened? or by browser only? it is something like cache r8? >.>

7. oddfreak

oddfreak NUF #1 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    In browser all you have to do is right click and save image as long as you don't try to improve the resolution or reload the page barely any data is used

8. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    eeee...? but people says it takes more data.. >.>
    edit: I dont recognize u bcoz u suddenly changed ava --a, but above u said it takes more BW.. altho u say minimal..

9. oddfreak

oddfreak NUF #1 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I said it takes more cause i assumed you would have to open the webpage with the image but if the page is already open your browser has already downloaded the image you just have to move it to your hard drive by saving it. the data used is when you open a page and load up the image.

P.S you should know you've used some data on this thread

10. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    use a manga app?
    or download the manga directly?

moevora likes this.
  11. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't...
    The only difference between "streaming" (how you call it) and direct download is, that the pictures won't be deleted after you close your browser...

fireclaws and moevora like this.
  12. stellarsohye

stellarsohye ☆Drunk Oneesan☆ 『Civil Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    it really depends on the situation. There are times you just want to download them for faster reading in the future or you just want to read online them because you have the time. Downloading it doesn't only take more bandwidth but of course physical memory of the device while reading online which I do most of the time it's like it's saved in a cache or temporary file so it only loads a little slow in the beginning and doesn't take that much physical memory so I don't know it's your preference if you want offline reading or online reading more

Or do you have something like bandwidth cap so you're worried?

fireclaws and moevora like this.
  13. fluffymigs

fluffymigs Balthazzar's Husband/Owner

Reading List:
    Link
    it takes more becuase your phone downloads it again. Either read online or use a compiler or app which downloads it for you. If you set it to download only at wifi you won't use any of bandwithlimit at all.

moevora likes this.
  14. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    I see I see.. >.?
    yep, something like that..
    yup, i know.. if u saved pictures from "mobile browser" it takes more data, rn I'm using laptop :x

15. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    I dun know what "streaming" means, since i never head pictures being streamed((n)) - Anyhow, if the picture is already opened in the browser and u wanna save it, it will not take any data from ur side. Heck, try saving the pic after u close ur wifi, it will still be saved since the moment u open any webpage it is temp stored in ur device's memory ; in other words, it is already downloaded just that u don't know where it is ..

Rice and moevora like this.
  16. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    humu? not sure what'cha asking.. but I'm reading online I guess :), anyway thanks.. better use mangadownloader then..
    o0o... thanks for the bold.. :)

anyway, thanks for responese.. gone awol..

17. stellarsohye

stellarsohye ☆Drunk Oneesan☆ 『Civil Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have the cap it's better just to download it, it's heavier in bandwidth but not that much. But if it's like one of those site where you download per chapter, but if you download by page (by like saving the pages 1 by 1) it's not recommended. The thing is if your bandwidth is limited, by downloading at least you can still read it offline whenever you want while reading online continuously use your bandwidth. Same for watching random videos, if you want to watch something again you already watched you have to load it again then it used another block of memory while downloading it you can watch it whenever you want again and again without worrying of bandwidth. Don't know if I'm right tho xD

Ldyrdy and moevora like this.