Discussion Saying "no spoilers" in a spoiler thread

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Karry, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who else finds it annoying when people are like, "I don't want to spoil the novel for you guys~" , "I know they whole story but I'll give a little teaser and have you guys guess what happens tehehehe" , "Don't give out spoilers! I don't want to ruin the story for myself (and others)!" , etc.?

Like.

Child.

I'm in the spoiler thread cuz I wanna spoil myself. Being a tease only works in like 3-4 posts, not 3-4 pages in the thread. If you don't want spoilers then go to a discussion thread for the novel. You defeat the purpose of a 'spoiler thread' by going into one and saying "No spoilers plz~". Plz leave the spoiler thread plz. What's the point of a freaking spoiler tag/thread if there isn't or if you don't want spoilers????

Because I've seen a good number of them here and there and I'm just like "...THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE????"

What "I know what happens but I don't want to say to keep you in suspense, But I'll tease a bit and not say anything else about it tehehehe~", DON'T YOU TEHEHEHE~ ME. Beach begone!!!!

WOULD I BE WILLING TO READ 18-30 PAGES WITHIN A THREAD IF I DIDN'T WANT TO DANG KNOW WHAT HECK IT IS????? JUST SAY IT. IT'S A SPOILER THREAD DANGIT. It's honestly annoying.

I have this down as a discussion but honestly, I'm just ranting.

Slayerwolfx2, Tpst, Unsaltea and 7 others like this.
  2. Isticon

Isticon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i relate. if it's a spoiler thread and they don't give spoilers, stop playing with our feelings wtf. :cry:

3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like that happened?

4. Meko.azumi

Meko.azumi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally love spoilers and makes me look for them, being like that in a spoiler thread would make me anxious so I understand how you would feel.

Rumby and Karry like this.
  5. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Related soo much

Rumby and Karry like this.
  6. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  7. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one reason they're reluctant to share spoilers if it's a bad spoiler then they'd feel bad and not incline to share.
    Since people easily just drop novels over specific things.

But agreed with OP. Kind of unsatisfactory to read multiple pages of ppl not giving spoilers & trolling

8. GaiaLee

GaiaLee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and yes! Like, beyotch, I'm in the spoiler thread to be spoiled, not teased or trolled. WTF!

9. Deleted member 234525

Deleted member 234525 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes yes yes. I work full time and I barely get enough sleep apart from my job since I also do other irl things. When I read, I focus on my favorites. So when I look for spoilers for other books, it is frustrating to see people being all ~coy~and ~cute~ uwu I don't wanna spoil your ~experience~ bullsh-t at giving out the one thing the whole forum category is made for.

Karry likes this.
  10. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Honestly, I never know exactly what people want to read in a spoiler thread so I try to give out the details for the exact thing they asked for, otherwise, I'll end up with a freakishly long post.

+___+) I'm kinda bad at digesting whole arcs and stuff and there are some things I think that it would be better for the person to read themselves or I would have to take a long time to translate it myself properly...

Well, in the end, I agree. A spoiler thread is for SPOILERS.

EndlessAbyss likes this.
  11. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly!

Even if a spoiler thread gives out almost everything in a novel (or manga, whichever). At least I know that the story has what I want and I'll be more excited to read said story and have anticipation for what's to come.

Like, I come prepared when I dive into a spoiler thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.