Discussion Scars? (physical ones...)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jun 7, 2021.

?

What is love

1. Baby don't hurt me,

10.7%
  2. Don't hurt me,

3.6%
  3. No more.

14.3%
  4. *Steals nuffies*

25.0%
  5. Love involves emotions and behaviors characterized by passion, intimacy, and commitment.

46.4%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    :v
    Just out of curiosity, anyone have scars and maybe some stories to tell? I have a lot, but only one was on accident and I'll share that one since it's kinda interesting I guess.
    Kinda a funny story, but I got my first scar when I was four.
    I was on my older sister's back like a piggyback ride, and she was just running around. From the other room, our mother told her to stop it.

Being the good child she is, she did. Immediately. Yay, thanks to Newton's law of motion and inertia and all that jazz, I went flying forward and rammed my face into the arm of the couch. My sister goes to check on me and she screams bloody murder, and I'm just sitting there smiling like, "Wot?" before blood pools into my eye and then I start screaming too.
    Long story short, taken to hospital, more screaming since a stranger is pointing a needle at my face for stitches, but I got a little pony plushie after. Still have it. I named her butterscotch. Yee.
    :]
    Out mother banned piggy back rides, and later hide and seek. But that's another story.

edit: wow. I didn't even specify where it is-

It's my right eyebrow, and it isn't really noticeable unless you get a little close to my face or I point it out. But it kinda looks like I tried to shave a line in my eyebrow. :blobunamused::blobunamused::blobunamused:
    So I constantly have that one question when talkin' to a person like, "Oh! Did you shave your eyebr-"
    "No."

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  2. Deleted member 300842

Deleted member 300842 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I can only remember one since it's the one I see everyday. I was chasing one of my childhood friends and there was a tree in the way so the tree branch scratched my cheek up to my ear I started bleeding and my school called my mom I can't remember whether she was angry or not but I guess she was. It's not that visible anymore only from close that's what people say but I can see it. It can be bothersome sometimes.

imK likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I have a small one on one of my fingers... It was supposed to be on two fingers, but I can't for the life of me find the other one... Maybe it disappeared after 2 decades or something.

Anyways, I was a small child and loved playing videogames... My brothers did too, and I'm the youngest child.

My oldest brother in particular loved playing soccer games... I hated soccer games, both playing and watching someone play... So like, I'd get annoyed every time he'd play his games, I even tried scratching his cds to see if they would stop working (most did, but some survived God knows how many scratches).

Anyways, there was one time that I was happily playing something, then he came into the room and said "My turn." and I was like, "No, I barely started!"
    ... And then he used force and it became his turn.

Okay, nothing too out of the ordinary so far... But well, I was annoyed at him, so I tried to unplug the videogame from the power cord out of spite... Well... You see... The plugs back then weren't made with proper safety measures to prevent children from accidentally hurting themselves with it.

So... As I tried to disconnect a plug, two of my fingers touched the metal part of it while it was still connected to the power... And then I got glued to it as I was being shocked, I just couldn't take my fingers out... They had to turn the power off in order to save me.

Flash forward to the hospital, and like... I didn't get any super serious injuries out of it, but you could barely see my fingers for a few days... All you saw were a LOT of blisters. And well, it obviously hurt a lot and stuff.

This left some small scars on the fingers that touched the metal part of the plug. They're not very noticeable tbh, but I can find the bigger one at a glance because I know where it is... But the smaller one seems to have disappeared a few years back.

So that was that, on that day I learned why our old plug design sucked~

Deleted member 300842 and imK like this.
  4. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was pushed from an elevator and had my head cracked though the person who pushed me did it in a joking manner but I was just unfortunately unable to balance myself so uh yes. Lmao when me and that other person talk about it we just laugh it off lol.

imK likes this.
  5. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Bullet scars in my thighs. I shot it myself accidentally but i lied about it that it's from some gunfights out in the jungle most of the time.

imK likes this.
  6. Deleted member 283793

Deleted member 283793 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    We were celebrating Diwali, and I was happily bursting these matchstick sprinklers. I was holding an entire box in one hand, so as I lit one of the matches, the sparks flew and caught onto the others lighting the entire box on fire. I burnt the skin above my middle finger's knuckle. There's still a light skin discoloration from it. I am just so glad I didn't lose a body part, honestly.

imK and Ddraig like this.
  7. GREED444

GREED444 [STEP RED SIBLING] [ᏂᏁ][⚓️]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have multiple scars on my right arm, leg, and chest, and most of them can't be noticed until you guys look closer.

I got those before 8 or 7 years back when I tried to stop the fight between two guys and thrown toward the glass door

imK likes this.
  8. gtreed

gtreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I once fell off of my bike and scraped up my knuckles. Combined with my RBF, people thought I got in a fight and I didn't bother correcting them. I was cool for a day.

imK likes this.
  9. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The front of my right leg is entirely covered in scar from a bus accident when I was 10. Plus some spots on my left leg, arms and lower jaw, but these ones had faded a lot. It was burn from, hmm, not sure what it's called, the radiator liquid? It looks bad because one day when I was recovering it wasn't dressed properly that my little hands scratched all over the wound while sleeping... So, never forget the importance of dressing to minimize scarring

imK likes this.
  10. wasntbornyesterday

wasntbornyesterday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once when I was like 3? I was on the thing that looked like a bench but the side was plastic. It was like a preschool but not really, but anyways I fell and the side of the thing cut the side of my face. And I don't remember that much, but I bled and they gave me ice. It doesn't show anymore cause' it healed but if I search my face, I can still feel where it was.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    imK likes this.
  11. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have scars from self harming

imK likes this.
  12. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I have lots of scars :aww: Various ones on my hands, due to incidents. :blobneet: I have 4 notable ones that stayed. Others faded away.

imK likes this.
  13. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a mystery scar across my eyebrow. I just always had it and no one knew how I got it, myself included. It's faded now and very hard to see even if I look for it, but it was a clear white jack in my eyebrow when I was a child.

imK and Mr. Tired like this.
  14. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a rope burn scar around my right ankle ... and a very small scar on the outer corner of my left eye when I was hit by the edge of a solid plank of wood; I was very lucky to not actually damage my eye.

imK and Mr. Tired like this.
  15. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I've a scar on my head and it's pretty horrible.... Well it's not noticable because of my hair, but if I ever cut my hair too much short it becomes pretty much noticable.... I dunno how I got that scar.... But my parents says it's there since my birth....

imK likes this.
  16. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    DUDE I have a rope burn scar on my left ankle :blob_patpat::blob_patpat::blob_patpat: (a little high above the ankle, and slanted, and going all around the ankle too).
    Also...ouch. Plank wood.

Ooh, cool past life birth mark unknown origin stories? It kinda reminds me of something I've heard: How many beauty marks/moles you have are how many times you were killed and/or shot, and in that spot. Or somethin' like that~

Beren and imK like this.
  17. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got a scar on my eyebrow. Got it when I was 3 y/o while playing with my uncle. Almost got blinded and had to get 3-5 stiches iirc. It's not too visible now that I've grown up.

18. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    Got a scar on the corner of the left side of my face. I got it while playing in the back of our house. It was caused by a sharp bamboo limb. There was a bamboo stick placed in there to use as something like a pillar for the clothesline to higher it up or something. I forgot how I exactly got this scar tho. Fortunately, it isn't really that visible.

[​IMG]

I don't know if it can be considered a scar but I have this small hole half an inch away on the middle of my eyebrows. It was caused by the chickenpox I had when I was in first grade.

Attached Files:

19. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got a lot of scars. I don't think the ones from my childhood are still visible, so now they're mostly from my playful cats. The most recent one is on my right wrist, about 10-15 centimeters along my vein. It happened when I was about to lift one of my cats and she accidentally bumped into a towel hanger and a bucket that was placed on it fell. She's easily surprised, so at that moment, she struggled to run away from me and ended up scratching me.

20. Supreme emperor shota

Supreme emperor shota Last shota in heaven

Reading List:
    Link
    Got in a knife fight once when I was 13 and got some scars from that but it’s pretty common