Discussion (Scenario Fun) You're the Sidekick! What are you going to do about it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is quickly thrown together for fun~! It’s taken from a game, as always.

I haven’t said this for the past few scenarios, but I’d like to remind everyone that you’re always free to ask as many questions as you want about these scenarios and try out-of-the-box solutions.
    I’ll let you know if something blocks your actions.

This is split into 4 small sections for ease of reading and, for best results, all 4 should be read.
    However, if you’re okay with not thinking too deeply about the setting and you just want to address the base situation, you can just read sections 2 (The Hero’s Disposition) and 4 (The Big Question).
    Anyone who wants to ask a lot of questions should first check sections 1 and 3 in case they’ve already been answered.

#1: Background Context
    Welcome, loyal Sidekick~! The situation is a little like this: Your friend who you were very close to and who saved your life multiple times has been picked to be reincarnated as the Hero who’s going to save the omniverse.
    You and your friend are from different universes. You were supposed to go to Heaven, but you willingly chose to be reborn into a universe close to him in order to become his support.

After spending your whole life until now training to support your Hero, you’ve finally met him and are about to join him as his official Sidekick. You’ll be travelling the universes with no one but each other.
    Your friend and you are sort of different people after all this time, but your feelings for your friend remain strong.
    On the other hand, your friend has no memory of his past life, no attachment to it, and thus currently has no attachment to you. In fact, he thinks you’re quite suspicious.

#2: The Hero’s Disposition
    On the outside, your friend looks a lot like a bad boy. He’s an extremely handsome young man with heavily pierced ears, casual punk/grunge clothing, and who rides a motorbike. He’s quite promiscuous and is popular with both men and women.
    His personality is also pretty edgy right now because he’s the only survivor of his own universe. Everyone and everything he knew is now irretrievably lost – right down to the souls of his parents. That event only happened a few months ago.
    Quite frankly, he’s a little silly and not very dependable in this life. He’s reckless and unobservant, rarely thinks ahead, and never suspects that people are tempting him into a trap.

#3: Your Duty to the Hero
    Your job as his Sidekick is to support him in everything. Obviously you have to make sure he survives and completes his mission, provide practical support, and cover for his inability in some areas; but you also have to be his doctor, his therapist, his best friend, his chef…
    It’s not just about saving the omniverse, but also ensuring that the Hero doesn’t take too much psychological damage on the journey.

#4: The Big Question
    You’re just about to leave your own universe and begin your life as a Sidekick. Incidentally, your Hero turns 20 next month, and you’d like to give him a proper birthday.
    You can buy or collect most 21st century stuff from your own universe before you leave, within reason, and you don’t have a limit on what you can carry (yes, you could theoretically take an entire boat – but you can’t afford that).
    You can also try to pick things up from the universes you pass through before then, although you don’t know what they’re going to be like and you’ll probably have little to no money.

You’ve already tried asking your Hero what he’d like for his birthday, but he just keeps saying that the only thing he wants is to have a home again. That’s virtually impossible to fulfil until his mission is done.

So, what present would you get your Hero? What sort of birthday would you prepare for him to ease his burdens?

(Bonus: What are your long-term plans for looking after your hero?)

Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  2. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuck the hero.

Fulminata, CyberCypher and Moonpearl like this.
  3. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    The only present he'd get from me is a punch to the face.
    It sounds like he's currently angry and depressed so I would stop trying to coddle him and act as an edgy rival/villain in order to motivate him to get stronger and be a better hero. At the end he would kill me to surpass me and then I reveal my true plan as he yells my name out loud finally ready to be a true hero.

4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    What, all the time? You're going to sleep with all the men and women he takes an interest in for the rest of your lives? :blobpeek:

Oh, err... If he doesn't like you, he can always abandon you in a universe. He's the one with the power to cross through them - you're just a passenger.

Innieminnie likes this.
  5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really like to give materialistic/purchased gifts, and if I have the time I would prefer to make something.

Making food/sweets in this situation sounds like a good choice.

If I have a sense of what he likes, I would probably and go try to replicate it.

The nice thing about food gifts is that they're not too weird for the recipient. It doesn't say anything, and there's nothing to feel awkward about. Since Hero doesn't trust me, it's important not to rush things. It appears that my steady-ness is my strength, and I'm in no rush. Go slow and trust in your love for someone to keep you solid for a long time.

You're not going anywhere -- neither is your friend.

6. Minarett

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's a true hero he should be motivated to surpass his villainous rival. He wouldn't do something as cowardly as running away. That's what i've learnt from shounen manga.

Innieminnie and Moonpearl like this.
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid he's definitely more of an anti-hero.

Innieminnie likes this.
  8. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to watch Sky High again,..:p

9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of long term plans... this is hard to conceptualize...

Wait, am I in love with him?

Because if I am, that totally changes things too.

Huh.....

10. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, all the heroines. And the long term plan is probably making the hero the labor boy to do all the works while I sleep with his girls.

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    I would learn some magic from these other universes and enchant a locket/bracelet to hold some land that contains a modest house. Runes wpuld take care of the breathable air...I would set his party up as a rememberance of his past and lost world and would use it to honor everything he lost while looking toward the future where even more loved ones await him.

My long term plans are to become the ultimate utility/healer to help him. Advise him to the best of my ability but to let him make mistakes and learn on his own, while also there to give him comfort and support without judging him. I will call him out on his bs and stupid stuff he suggests but join him in battle anyway if he insists. It is fine if he is suspicious, I will be truthful to him and offer the answers to what he seeks. I also won't expect him to be the same person. I will encourage him to be the best he can be.

Moonpearl and lychee like this.
  12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, do you have any abilities?

I'm not sure how I would feel about being his "sidekick" -- it feels like a tough status to work with. Would almost think being a "friend" or something more generic or normal would be better.

That said, if I had some control over this setting, I think I might even mascot-pet-ify myself XD

It's a little bit more natural for most people to accept having an animal (maybe talking animal? animal with secret human transformed form?) following them around everywhere, as well as that kind of "unconditional loyalty" and "unconditional acceptance" that would otherwise be weird for regular humans to have for no reason.

Moonpearl and Innieminnie like this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... In the real game, the Hero and the Sidekick were actually married in their last life. They were extremely devoted to each other too. The Sidekick also blames himself for the Hero's death.

This version of the Hero is a new and different person, but it's hard not to be attracted to him. If you're not careful, you'll definitely fall in love with him again.

I'm afraid that if you don't do the heavy lifting, the Hero will fail and everyone and everything (you included) will cease to exist.

There also aren't really heroines, so much as there are people interested in casual sex as you're passing through. You're unfortunately not nearly as handsome or irresistible as your Hero, so "cucking him" will be very hard. Also, there's a good chance he'll just decide on a threesome if you're insistent...

Unfortunately you won't be able to learn magic from other worlds. There's also no guarantee that you'll encounter magic within that month.

You do, but they're not too helpful at this stage. You have an unlimited storage facility with a ton of stuff that you've stored up over your life - food and such. You also have the ability to sacrifice your entire existence in order to give the Hero another chance at saving the omniverse, if he should fail or die.

Later, you'll be able to let the Hero use some secret cosmic-based powers when he channels you through the powers he unlocks. Right now, you're just support level 1.

lychee likes this.
  14. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

:blobsneeze::blobsneeze::blobsneeze:

Um... I need to think about this more

15. Minarett

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this another stealth yaoi thread?

16. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. That's unfortunate. In that case, I will buy a camera and a photo album (magical of at all possible, bought from the magical universes, and if not, regular earth ones) for him to keep all his memories from now on. Perhaps I will catalogue his adventures in a notebook(s) and give it to him at the end of our adventure. Other than that, maybe a locket of some kind that can hold a picture, or something. Then the party and future plans.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    My trouble is that I need to figure out a cover story/excuse for why I'm sticking with him.

I'm presuming that there's a good reason why I'm not telling him about our past life.

But that means I need a compelling reason what would explain (in a way that makes sense to him), why I'm glued to him

18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I forgot several!

You have the ability to see/"see" the entire universe and everything in it. Like, if you look up, you can "see" the solar wind, distant galaxies, aliens in the corners of the universe... It rarely helps you on the planet you're on, though, because that's too close for your vision.

You also know everything the omniverse is made of and how it works. You basically have all the answers to physics and cosmology.

And, whenever the Hero saves a world, you save it like a save game - so that it won't be destroyed even if he later fails.

The original game has a BL main couple, yes~! But I wasn't really interested in forcing you to undergo a BL situation, so it's fine if you ignore that.

You can try telling him some, but he's always going to be dubious. Tell him too much at once and there's not the slightest chance that he'll buy it. It might also make things awkward/uncomfortable because he doesn't remember or care about you.

lychee and Innieminnie like this.
  19. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    "I am your guardian assigned Nanny, here to clean up all your messes and help you grow into the hero you are destined to be. Consequently, your soul also happens to be the man I fell in love with in a different life. Ignore that part though, as it is hardly relevent. I have no interest in brats, so you're safe. Brat." *punchable smirk*

Moonpearl and lychee like this.
  20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    XD This sound like a better tactic than the real Sidekick used.

Innieminnie likes this.