Discussion (Scenario Fun) You're the Sidekick! What are you going to do about it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy: What game is this?

lychee and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an RPG my friend and I made. Originally it was for crossing over with all our other RPGs, but that started getting messy, so we had to axe it and remake it for crossing through anime and other fandom stuff.
    But we couldn't delete it entirely without tearing giant holes in our other games, so we had to make the original game their past lives.

It actually plays as a light-hearted and comedic game, despite the tragedy I had to write in to make it work...

Innieminnie likes this.
  3. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the original sidekick's answer then? I find myself intensely curious! I'd gladly read this haha.

Moonpearl and lychee like this.
  4. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    well, you don't need to be strong/handsome to get girls I've read enough hentai to know that. you can also resort to blackmail and magic, or plan for the hero accidentally death. I don't mind that everything will cease to exist as long as I'm happy and everyone going together with me.

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll let you know either tomorrow or in a few days~! If I post the real game scenario, some people might get discouraged because "the answer was already revealed". (Although this scenario depends much more on the player's personal preferences so there's no right answer.)

Hm... But what would make you turn your back on your closest friend? He saved your life countless times. In fact, he died saving you.

Innieminnie likes this.
  6. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: All this because you want the hero's women? Have some dignity man! This is why you have to resort to stealing women in the first place...just beware that a woman stolen is shallow...and sooner or later you're the one who's going to end up seeing her leaving with another man.

Can't wait~❤!

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    well, that what just for a fun scenario and I hate the mainstream hero with the harem but too indecisive to do anything.

but if it's a serious scenario then, yeah, I would 'need' to support him whatever I like to or not, jealousy and inferiority complex is not uncommon between brother and/or close friend, with the hero seem to be insensitive about things and being portrayed as a perfect man is not helping either so the betrayal is still not out of the question, but yeah, I would still do my duty till the world safe and see how it goes.

it's not about the women it's about assert dominance. :blobowoevil_horns:

8. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not a mainstream hero though? I mean, he needs you to pick up after him and be there for him, or else he will fail...He literally needs you lol. And what do you mean assert dominance? Do yoy like to be the ones always in control? Or just mean that you prefer to take action? What does stealing women have to do with that? (Serious question)

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    to get back at the hero, assert dominance over him, by sleeping with his women.
    and I still think it's a mainstream hero, mainstream hero need his friend, team and friendship power to win the evil, he's the good, evil the bad. etc.

10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would a time-travelling sidekick. Specifically, I would time-travel back to convince the USDOJ to say "No" to the AT&T/WarnerMedia and Disney/Fox mergers! My long rants about such mergers can be found in the below spoilers section!

-My take on pending and completed media mergers or buy-outs:
    Overall take: Company A (has a collective revenue of exactly $10 billion at most) buys out Company B (has a toal revenue of exactly $1 billion at most). However, an effort is made to preserve each company's history and there are provisions are made to have as few lay-offs as possible and services are made to help the laid-off employees get new jobs. Above $10 billion is "suck it!"

-The following is how I wish the then-pending Disney-Fox merger talks went:
    a. The following is how I wish the then-pending Disney-Fox merger talks: Neither Disney, AT&T, Comcast, or any other company is getting 21st Century Fox. However, for Disney to get the X-Men and Fantastic Four-related rights from Fox, Disney will NEED to sell the following companies/brands: what they own of the A&E Networks, what they have of ESPN, Lucasfilm, and Pixar, as well as their top news and international sports channels that are not ABC.

In exchange, 21st Century Fox gets Lucasfilm sells the following companies or brands to a non-Comcast, AT&T, or Disney company: Star India, Endemol Shine Group, National Geographic Partners, what they had of Tata Sky, their stake of the Big Ten Network, and some of their international sports/news channels (excluding Fox News). That way, Star Wars would be back with the former member of Big 6 movie companies that helped popularize the franchise. In addition, Rupert Murdoch is to be removed as Fox Empire boss if he wants to maintain control of his current Newscorp as he holds too much media control!

b. For Rupert Murdoch to be able to sell most of the Fox Empire to whoever, he and the Murdoch clan would have to sell off their control of the current NewsCorp. Yep, they would have to give up control of one media empire in order to sell another. That way, the Murdoch media mogul days would be closer to an end!

c. For Comcast to have gotten Fox, they would have to have sold off Telemundo, their stake in Fandango, NBC Owned Television Stations, what they own of British media company Sky, and the sports and news channels that gives them the most media control, which may or may not include NBC Sports Group. I wonder how Carl Laemmle would feel about what Universal has become under Comcast's control.

d. If Disney sold their ownership of A&E Networks, what they control of ESPN, Lucasfilm, and Pixar, as well as some news channels and other sports channels, I would be less opposed to them buying out most of Fox. That is because they would have be required to relinquish a lot of their empire. The smaller Disney could be, the better it is in my eyes.

e. For AT&T to get WarnerMedia, ATT should have to have sold off as many of their telecommunications (wireless, TV, Internet, local telephone services, and long distance services) companies they had prior to the merger as possible, especially DirecTV. In addition, WarnerMedia would have to similarly sell off the 3 or 4 media companies that gives them the most money that isn't a WB or DC company or subsidiary!

Now, big money-makers like CNN or Cartoon Network can stay though HBO would have to be sold. In addition, each company prior to the merger would have to sell the sports and news channels that gave them the most money and media control.

f. If Sony was to buy-out a smaller media company (say, Lionsgate), they would have to sell-off Sony Music Entertainment and Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios. At least Sony is lacking on the sports and news channels which means their media control is not as far-reaching.

g. This June 26, 2018 page (en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Major_film_studio&oldid=847551551) lists the former Big 6 and their then market share. I chose this date was it was the day before the USDOJ told Disney something along the lines of "You can buy 21st Century Fox but you have to sell-off their 22 regional sports networks". So, I get that 20th Century Fox was struggling but was it to the point that selling off most of the Fox Empire was really necessary?

h. For the Viacom and CBS re-merger, the following would have to be sold-off: the Network Ten, the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, and Simon & Schuster, and the various news or sports channels that give these companies the most media control. Also, if possible, they would be relinquished from National Amusement's control and now be their own entity.

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, considering that this is an edgy, immature brat who's bisexual? I think of the sidekick as more of a nanny, but I guess it's all in how you view it.

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    To be a sidekick, make sure you kick from the side!

Fulminata, Innieminnie and Moonpearl like this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not really mainstream, for many reasons... The power of friendship isn't mandatory and he's not choosing it - it's currently forced on him by the Sidekick.

He also doesn't have a harem. Only you, the Sidekick, can go with him through the universes, so everyone you meet will be left behind. There aren't any other hanger-ons.
    And... Well, he's not indecisive. He's very decisively partaking in casual sex in every universe where it's offered, to the point where it's also your responsibility to ensure that he doesn't pick up some incurable alien STD.

This kind of time-travelling isn't available to you. :blobsweat_2:

Innieminnie likes this.
  14. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    I am well-aware of that. Let's be honest here: sometimes a what-if is more enjoyable to talk about than a what-is.

15. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    whew, so it's not that bad to betray him after all. if i need to look after my brother that much, I'd gave up after a few weeks, and I love my brother. if you can't protect yourself from STD then just leave it to natural selection, I'd regret gave up the Heaven for this guy tbh. lol.

Innieminnie and Moonpearl like this.
  16. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so does he have his past memory or not? I'm confused.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't, but you do.

Innieminnie likes this.
  18. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Then how's he saying he wanted a home?

19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that he wanted, but that he currently wants a home? For him, in this life, this "heroic adventure" started when his own universe was destroyed by the villain and he's been travelling alone since. His home - his universe, and everything in it - is forever gone and he's not welcome to stay in the universes he travels through.

Innieminnie likes this.
  20. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    The first-meeting lines :
    "Hi. I was your spouse in the last life, but that was a huge mistake so just do whatever now. Imma hang around and be your nanny because i owe you a life or so, so don't mind me"

And for the gift, i'll draw a stickman figure of his pet dog in the last life and give it along with bundles of silly alien safe sex psa.

Innieminnie and Moonpearl like this.