Discussion [Scenario Thread] What would you do as the beastkin?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 3, 2019.

Tags:
?

What would you do as the beastkin?

1. Option A: The Government Kennel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Option B: The Abusive Uncle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Option C: Contracted to a Company

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Option D: (Temporarily) Sold to a Friend

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Option E: Leave me at home alone! (Your Suggestion)

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Option F: Release me! (Your Suggestion)

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Option G: I want a new owner! (Your Suggestion)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm copying @Moonpearl with her interesting scenario threads, so I thought I'd go ahead and make my own!

My brain is full of 坑坑坑坑坑坑, so be careful not to stumble into a pit! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

Note: Reader discretion is advised!!

❤ ❤ ❤​

In the world of Pokemon Beastmon, there is no such thing as dumb animals. Almost all animals are intelligent and sentient, which means that they have their own sophisticated languages and cultures.

Of all animals, humans are some of the cruelest ones, and they enslave various kinds of animals for various purposes (e.g. cattle, chicken, pigs). Consequently, humans are almost universally regarded by almost all animal species as "demons" for their unabashed cruelty.

This story starts with you as a beastkin — a halfling between an animal and human.

Particularly, you are martenkin (pine marten), which is a kind of weasel.

[​IMG]

❤ ❤ ❤​

Incidentally, historically martens (along with minks, beavers, and foxes) were trapped by fur traders to make nice fluffy coats. You don't know your exact ancestry, but a long time ago a great-great grandparent of yours was captured by humans and brought to the Human Continent.

Somehow, your ancestors avoided being slaughtered and turned into furs, but instead they were bred in captivity to become pets. For many generations, they were bred by humans to yield the finest coats with the prettiest hues and textures.

Some humans have the strange fetish for kemonomimi, so eventually your mother was bred with a human which resulted in you — a hafling. You were born in captivity.

❤ ❤ ❤​

You actually had a customer who intended to purchase you before you were even born (people buy pets from breeders), and you were earmarked for a family as soon as you were born. A wealthy human man who likes to spoil his daughter purchased you as a kitten.

Animals have this biological process called "imprinting", which is this process where if you expose a young premature animal child, they will become socialized to you and recognize you as family. You were imprinted to your new owners, which for the purpose of this story makes you have inexplicable instincts of wanting to be close to them. They smell like family, and you feel extremely insecure if you are separated from them.

You grew up extremely close to the daughter, and she is like a best friend to you.

In general, you think that this family is very nice and they treat you very well.

However, there are various aspects of the culture of this country that you have simply learned to accept. For instance, you were spayed/neutered at a young age (this is common for all pets), you were declawed, and most importantly you simply don't have have human rights. At the end of the day, you are their property, and your owners are still firm enough to insist on that relationship. For example, you aren't allowed to eat at the same table as the rest of the family. Most of the time, you spend your time as a simple household servant who does the cooking and chores, and you're mostly responsible for ensuring the daughter is happy. Occasionally, you're used as a cuddle pillow or a petting object.

You haven't known anything else, so you have always been satisfied with this lifestyle.

❤ ❤ ❤​

One day, the daughter's parents died in an accident, and the daughter needed to leave for college/university. Unfortunately, the college/university did not permit pets, so you were not allowed to accompany her.

Since it is illegal for you stay unaccompanied, the question became where you should go for four years, at least until she is done with university.

The daughter sat down with you one evening to discuss your options. She wanted to get your opinion, because out of all the people in the world, she is probably the only human who cares the most about what you think and your feelings.

Option A: The Government Kennel
    The government owns a kennel for orphaned and abandoned pets. Although you are not technically being abandoned, it is possible for the Daughter for you to arrange a temporary stay there. Although it is called a "kennel", it is frankly more accurate to describe it as a prison — so it would be prison life for four years. That said, since it is government-owned, in theory they should adhere to government laws on animal abuse, so it is unlikely you will get abusive treatment (e.g. violent things...).

Option B: The Abusive Uncle
    The daughter has an uncle in the family, and it is her only other relative. She could ask to have you stay with him... although he has a little bit of a scary reputation. The Uncle kept pets of his own before, and they were badly abused using various different methods. The daughter would make it absolutely clear to him that abusing you is not okay, but you are unsure how much he can be trusted.

Option C: Contracted to a Company
    It is common for beastkin to be contracted to a company for work. In this arrangement, she would sign a contract with a businessperson to turn you over for a period of time, and she would receive the salary that you earn. Beastkin are usually employed in physical (dumb) labor, such as farms. Beastkin do not have the qualifications for skilled labor, and no one is really interested in hiring them for such purposes. Since you have nice fur, the daughter thinks that she would be able to get you a job in a small clothing boutique — so a customer service-type position.

Option D: (Temporarily) Sold to a Friend
    Outside of relatives, companies, and government, temporary ownership is not possible, so the next option would be a sale. The daughter has a few friends she could ask if they would keep you, and the idea is that you would be sold to them for four years until she can buy you back. You have never met the daughter's friends, but the daughter says that they like animals. However — this is technically a big risk — because once you are formally sold, the daughter has no way of getting you back if they decide to take you and run. You also have a net value of $1 million dollars (you have nice fur), so you're worth quite a lot. In contrast, for options A-C, the daughter could petition a judge to get you released back to her if something was wrong.

Option E: Leave me at home alone! (Your Suggestion)
    The daughter doesn't suggest this, but you could raise this idea. First of all this is illegal, and if caught — both you AND the daughter could get severely punished for this. However, the idea is that you would live in hiding in a basement or an attic for four years. You wouldn't be able to go out into the streets, and you would be living off a stockpile of food until the daughter is able to come back during holiday breaks.

Option F: Release me! (Your Suggestion)
    The daughter doesn't suggest this, of course, but you could raise this idea. Essentially, you would become a fugitive and run away hoping you can find a better life. You would be regarded as a runaway slave anywhere on the Human Continent, which is easily the size of Eurasia. Your objective would presumably be to flee to the Animal Continent (across the ocean), but you have never been there. Furthermore, you don't even know if you would be welcomed there — supposedly, animals frown upon halfings because you look human — and also you don't know your original language. As far as you know, there is no beastkin country anywhere in the world.

Option G: I want a new owner! (Your Suggestion)
    :blobcry::blobcry::blobcry: You could tell the daughter that you hate her and you want a new owner.... so she would probably sell you??? Well, speaking more seriously, there is some merit to this too. The daughter is only going to get busier as she gets older, and after graduating from college/university, she'll need to find an apartment (no pets allowed, for many). Furthermore, she'll probably end up dating eventually, and you might end up being a third wheel in her relationships. At best, you'll end up being a burden, so maybe now is the right time to find a new owner anyways......?
    So... What are your thoughts?

Moonpearl and Osamaru like this.
  2. imlookingfor28929

imlookingfor28929 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Option H: Kill your fucking self.(as in the option to commit suicide, not insulting the person above)

Seriously, who comes up with stuff like this?
    That sounds like a horror movie.

Are you a psychopath?

I have no words

Lonelycity likes this.
  3. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    H : Become a couple and stay with her as her boyfriend, rather than a pet, then spend much of your free time campaigning for beastkin rights.

4. RandomEnchanter

RandomEnchanter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    option other: have the girl owner talk with the headmaster of the school and express the wishes of not being separated from the only living bit of her ''family''. As a half I'm assuming you have some humanoid looks and given the general time period and era that there are nobles and servants of the nobles. So I would try to have the girl owner take me along as a servant.

lychee and Anra7777 like this.
  5. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose customer service work~! As far as jobs go, it's pretty cosy and easy - and I presume the owners aren't going to be abusive to me, since they want me to look my best and they have to hand me back at the end.

Staying inside for four years would be a nightmare even if you got away with it. You'd have little to no sunlight, nothing to do, no one to speak to, and probably no chance to exercise... There's a reason people's mental health rapidly declines during isolation in prison.

I just have to wait peacefully until the four years are over. Future troubles should be worried about later: the daughter clearly loves and respects me (as much as a human can), so it seems unlikely that she'd prioritise crappy love interests or a new flat over me. And if she does, won't she likely ask me again where I want to go?

(Also, since my scenario thread style was inspired by your original kingdom politics threads, I believe we've come full circle? :blobsmilehappyeyes: )

Anra7777 and lychee like this.
  6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with either of these. They seem the safest options.

lychee and Moonpearl like this.
  7. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    The 坑坑坑坑坑坑 is a very scary place! :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

I think this is a moderately tame one? Grimdark can get much worse than this!

Besides, my middle name is morbid! :blobhero:

Ah, the daughter would reject you, by the way. She loves you as family -- but not in that way.

If you like her, are sure you would want to confess? It's a pretty dangerous choice, imo. If things become awkward, it would be bad she if decided she can't have you around anymore.

Sure! I'm willing to buy the attempt!

Although, I was sort of already set on the "no" response. The daughter isn't really a noble (rather a wealthy daughter of a businessman), and the atmosphere of the school isn't really a royal academy with lots of servants. Rather I was sort of picturing Industrial Revolution England and Oxford -- where the institute of higher learning is taken very seriously, and pets are regarded as just a distraction.

I'm unsure how free-speech-y this country is.

:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes: Full circle it is!!

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    C: Contracted to a company.
    Can be close to the university she studies at, so you should be able to see her more than the other options. She stil legaly owns you so the company would have to pay a hefty fine if something happens.
    You just have to be sure that the company won't misstreat beastkin, and make sure there are no fineprint or loopeholes in the contract.

9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I blame whoever correpted you to come up with this :blobneutral:
    Alright let me see, first even for a kemonomimi, to breed with martenkin (pine marten) aka kind of weasel is completely bonkers :facepalm:
    Second, they spayed/neutered and declawed a small hybrid humanoid weasel or whatever it is, I am surprised they still alive :blobdevil:
    Third, my option would be colorform the girl, train and brainwhash her to be the pet (and there would be no problem from there on as it will probably turn to some sort of vengeance story and revolution on the country and such, bit by bit if the cards are played right...), and don't ask why, this is the least that should be done with such crazy lot, the hybrid will rise to be the king of the world and no human or weasel or whatever other creature will stand in the way :blob_thor:

ongoingwhy likes this.
  10. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it depends on how much she really likes you, doesn't it ? If she's willing to put up a show to keep you near her for those years, or until a newer options has been made available, then she could do it. If she doesn't , well, atleast you found out.

11. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were a pet/servant that imprinted on the girl and cared for her like family, then the best option objectively would be C: To be contracted to a company. If I read that correctly, the girl's parents just died, and although she might have an inheritance, there's no way to know how long that would last her (school is expensive). Therefore, as a creature that cares for her (one with a value of $1 million) it would be best to work for that period to remain in service to your master, even when you are unable to be their direct emotional support as you've always been.

12. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think about it, this is just another pov of the whole "ellon musk make catgirl"/ "beastkins are in area 51" meme. Messed up pov, but not an unlikely scenario with that setting.

13. imlookingfor28929

imlookingfor28929 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ......well now......let's not get too deep into our own opinions....I wouldn't mind a catgirl....

OP, can you make a catgirl scenario too?

lychee likes this.
  14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's one~! https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/become-a-catgirl.83405/

Edit: Although it's an old topic and shouldn't be necroed, I think.

lychee likes this.