Chinese Scheme of the Official Descendant

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Serendipitous, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Scheme of the Official Descendant
    Alternative Name: Di Mou, 嫡谋
    Raw Link: https://www.xbiquge.so/book/50378/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/scheme-of-the-official-descendant/

Description:
    Although Ren Yaoqi broke away from the fetters of her family in her previous lifetime, as she erroneously believed in her blood-relatives’ speech and views about sacrificing everything for the family’s interest, it ultimately led to her Elder Sister self-immolating in the army camp, her Mother passing away early with tears in her eyes and her Father dying with his blood splattered under the sword.

When she was reborn to her younger times, she swore that she would chop away all the sharp claws which intended to control her own life. Her father’s concubine who has some sinister motives, the cruel and unscrupulous elders, the aggressive foreign enemies and the surreptitious behaviors of harming people from the secret corners in the court.

She will expose their painted skins of disguise one by one, and strive for a life of happiness and peace for herself and those she loves.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    It is one of the best reincarnation C-novel regarding family rear courtyard politics and scheming. In my opinion, I prefer this novel over The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage. I like the novel so much that I read the MTL and wrote the spoilers for the novel. It is worth the read.

The main description for this novel is "Conspiracy" as there are many layers to the plot, and each scheme is intricately linked to a larger conspiracy than personal revenge. FL, Ren Yaoqi, is scheming but not malicious. She is well aware of her limitations in her current life as she is from the rear courtyard, and limited in terms of information and capable subordinates. We learn about the malicious plots and the masterminds with the FL. She is only conscious of WHAT are schemes and oblivious of who or the motives behind the schemes.

I also like FL and ML interactions, they are adorable together and ML is extremely doting. There isn’t any frustrating misunderstandings between the two and the romance feels organic.

One of the main antagonists (Her father's concubine) is an extremely smart white-lotus type, she is not brainless and her scheming is top-notch. All of the side characters are well-crafted and have fleshed-out personalities, they are not simply written to prop up the main character's talents, such as the FL's sister and the 2nd male lead.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    luoxinle likes this.
  2. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. re_neru

re_neru Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone still interested with this novel? My Chinese is subpar, but If I just clean up the MTL and corrected some sentences is anyone want to read it?

Vico and Serendipitous like this.
  4. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes It’s still my favourite of all time

5. re_neru

re_neru Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https:// sleepyautumn. wordpress. com/ category/projects/scheme-of-the-official-descendant/
    (delete the spaces)

it starts right after the last chapter that worked by previous translator
    I'm still new to this blogging and translation work thing, so any kind of feedback is accepted

Serendipitous likes this.
  6. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would !

7. re_neru

re_neru Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already translated few chapters but found out that there are different version of the chapters in different sites. Did anyone know why is that? Which version should I choose?

Also should I translated the author notes too, only the ones relevant to the story, or not at all?

8. Leier

Leier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a reader, a relevant note is very welcome, and I love the not-so-relevant but witty ones like mini theatre etc. The not relevant ones, not so much. The ones that are just asking for readers to throw them 'bombs' (What is that? Some sort of rewards/tips from readers?), aren't interesting at all.

9. Lavvy

Lavvy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for picking up this novel again. I have wanted to read this for a long time.

re_neru likes this.