Question scifi concept that you want to read, but can't find

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by eryafii, May 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm mostly looking for scifi concepts about space, with non-human or human MC. I also can't find novels with science that are almost like magic, but with good explanation.
    What scifi tropes do you like to read?
    What new concepts would you like to see?
    You have scifi fantasies?

Rant:
    Most of the scifi that I can find only has pretentious MCs or characters that puts the word "quantum" in everything. And some of them are pseudoscience, and characters explaining the "science" are not experts of the field but people who casually decided that they have the money and can experiment and make big things after googling a few gradeschooler experiments.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Real dolls gaining sentience and demanding equal rights. :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

eryafii likes this.
  3. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Nanomachine cyborgs. Did a search for this genre last week, and there is very little of it to be found no matter what language. Yet the possibilities are endless...

eryafii likes this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe some cosmic powers, galaxy sized monsters, invisible life forms that resulted from some planetary explosion and survive by absorbing life force from other planets, people reached enough advancement to reach the end of space and find some sort of existence that holds the entire universe in its hand like bead, or maybe a conscious planet that is part of some universal scheme to make all planets alive and bring end to living beings on other planets, or maybe a universe of nothings where no planets exists and some creatures became advanced enough (somehow in such void) and are looking for some way to travel to other dimensions, basically, I want some mind blowing sci-fi, I watched and read some things but nothing was mind blowing enough :hmm:

EnuoFH, AmethystCherry and eryafii like this.
  5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which kind? Large biological organisms that are doped with nanomachines or nanomachines with super small biological parts?

eryafii likes this.
  6. VannVann

VannVann [Drained] 《Worn Out》 GM

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read a story about multiple alien races, each living on a different planet with different cultures, biology and tech. Each planet has monuments on them - which have been discovered to be made out of unique alloy. One part of space in their close proximity is compleatly black with no stars.

Anyway. One race kick starts planet ending event as they fail to pass a great filter. In desperation, a youth researching the monuments sends out a random cry for help. Little did he know that he successfully awakend an ancient race of machines who, after force rebooting, glitch out and adopt his race (as the said machines were caretakers of their creators.)

As it turns out the black part of space was actually just a bunch of dyson spheres sucking away the light and powering the space station/server of the machines. With the machines now functional their ancient enemy, a hive mind, stops its task of ascending and begins the battle once more.

The hivemind used to be countless races which were hunted down by the machines.

But anywho. This is way too specific so I will write my own.

eryafii likes this.
  7. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't read it, i recommend you Super Minion on RRL.

Seren and eryafii like this.
  8. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    For those stories I mostly played 4x space strategy games. I found it interesting how some had in depth stories and discovery missions.

Myself, I would love more RPG type where you're a trader or whatever and advance through life in space without all that forced start interaction with faction leaders that RPGs focus around.

AmethystCherry and eryafii like this.
  9. eryafii

Reading List:
    Link
    You can write a novel for this! And please give me link. Seriously looking for something mindblowing with schemes, mysteries of the universe and others.

10. eryafii

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered The Legendary Mechanic

Milanin likes this.
  11. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not sci-fi at all. :blobwoah:

12. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    There is surprisingly huge amounts of this type of story.

Just play Detroit: Become Human

EndlessAbyss, elengee and eryafii like this.
  13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is but the fi part overwhelms the sci :blob_grin:

eryafii likes this.
  14. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want something grand in scale then I recommend Manifold Trilogy or Xeelee Sequence.

15. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes to both types. I just want to see the various ways you can go from nanomachine to cyborg.

Thank you! I definitely will.

Also, for those who just want to read darn good sci-fi, I suggest these two:

John Dechancie’s Starrigger series.
    -Space trucker with ancient aliens, space time loops, and a multitude of different planets and aliens.

Lois McMaster Bujold’s Vorkosigan series.
    -Character driven sci-fi written by someone who really knows biology and medicine. The physics gets shoved under the rug, but the biology and medicine are extraordinary.
    -MC is the sort to take over a mercenary company through sheer force of personality.

eryafii likes this.
  16. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might been done before but a mc getting super advanced tech/knowledge somehow like knowledge to create a clean renewable power source or robots that can cure any disease.

eryafii likes this.
  17. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @eryafii
    I want to write Quick Transmigration MC as Zerg Queen in interstellar world haha

On Beautiful Villainess aka 漂亮的女配gl by 沈日十
    The Interstellar World started from chapter 49 if you want to look for a good sci fi.
    The relationship is good, we have betrayal, regrets, princess, space marshall, federation and allies, also starcraft monster and mechas.
    That arc is very heavy and not easy to read, it's angsty but well written. The other arc, I didn't remember it much.

eryafii likes this.
  18. eryafii

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this translated to English? I can't find an English version atm

19. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That one's good. You read her Sharing Knife series? It's quite well done too.

20. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not. You can mtl it though

eryafii likes this.