Question scifi concept that you want to read, but can't find

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by eryafii, May 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to read MTLs but I can't. Do you have a link? If it's bearable, I might read it. (I hope a translator will pick it up). By the way, is it in the translation request of NU?

2. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean personally mtl using google translate.... no, I don't think so.

DalangTala likes this.
  3. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, i want non-humans MCs while humans are still a thing but they aren't that important

if anything I'd like sci-fi fantasy with both genres mixed it happens to be my favorite, with all kind of creatures and also getting into the space setting, other dimensions, and stuff, ancient civilizations and all kind of bizarre creatures like you would see in Cthulhu mythos

also what this dude i quoted below said its not sci-fi i like it

Thats fully sci-fi, it wouild be wrong if OP question was about hard science fiction

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    If you stretch the meaning enough, anything can be sci-fi.

Universe-holding monsters and sentient star-sized creatures basically break all known knowledge of current physics without any acceptable answers, so I believe they are not sci-fi, but more of a fantasy.

eryafii likes this.
  5. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sci-fi as a genre deals with anything that is "futuristic" let's say, space exploration, advanced technology, and other things none of them have to be scientific possible and even if it looks like fantasy , afterall the genre is called "Science ficiton" so anything goes as long it meets a certain conditions that aren't very hard to be done

Hard Science fiction that deals with accuracy with our science and logic, it has much more strict relation with actual science than an normal sci-fi work, its more of a sub-genre though

eryafii likes this.
  6. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered a Quick Transmigration story where MC is an AI that gained a body in the stories, and her job is guarding the heroines of each story she will be in. The first story is zombie apocalypse.

Does it counts as sci fi? Mc kinda works for space time bureau or something I forgot, she is just alogarithm at first

eryafii likes this.
  7. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. What's the title?

8. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    你看见我的女主了么?
    Have You Seen My Heroine?
    MC is AI, born to protect story heroine. Heroine is a rebirth from zombie apocalypse who was betrayed. MC didn't know heroine is rebirth and she tried to protecc her, all her system mall have future tech, weapon, etc

eryafii likes this.
  9. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Song of the Void on RR. There isn't some 'big bad' the MC has to fight, but more of her waking up from stasis and coping with the knowledge she's the last of her race.

I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! ...Okay, yes, this is an "I have no clue about all this technical stuff, here's a lot of money now make things!" story. But, it is too funny to ignore! ...Also, I was hoping more people reading the novel will encourage the translator to speed up... at least just a little... :blob_teary:

10. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apocalypses/ post-apocalypse are a subgenre in sci-fi on itself and if its a work that have MC world hopping while being an AI and working for a "space-time bureau" it should surely count as one

Also talking of AI reminds me of the novel "reincarnated as a intergalatic spaceship" or something like that MC have become the AI himself, sadly the novel was dropped by the author

11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a story when MC is actually an inorganic individuals, like an AI but started to understand stuff by learning on human behavior is fun MC. Of course it could also be a comedic gold mine, where the mc would have 0 common sense, like when the ancients are transmigrated to modern world. Naive dense mc on sci fi would be great, and if they ever betrayed, the reaction could be very fun to imagine.

12. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any good sci fi system novels?

13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by sci fi system novels?

14. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
  15. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read Forty Millenniums of Cultivation?
    I think Game of Gods is what you should read (of course it's in the later part)

16. Karsus

Karsus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like a space opera with the presence of concept of mega engineering. Such as a civilization inside of a Dyson swarm (with quadrillions of people).
    Concepts like O'Neill cylinders, Matrioshka brains, Shkadov thrusters, Ring worlds, Starlifting, Black Hole farming, Nicoll-Dyson beams, Paperclip maximizing AI, Transhumanism,... those are fascinating, yet saddly hardly present in Sci-Fi.

17. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like notebook of fortune were the mc can write into a notebook and thinks happen/change or gives them new knowledge.