Sealed by the Roots of Yggdrasil - Registration Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Main Thread I Registration Thread I Hvall I Hunts, Raids, Explorations
    Registration Thread
    This is the registration thread, where you post your characters. Unless your character has been approved by me, you are not allowed to participate in any IC threads.

Setting
    This role-play game is set in a world of Nordic Myths. It plays directly after Ragnarök, in a world that was sealed beneath the three roots of Yggdrasil, and was momentarily unsealed during the great battle. The players are humans that entered this world, be it of their free will or not.

They arrived on the island Bjørnøya, a big island with multiple mountains, hills, forests and grasslands on it, and various smaller islands spread out around it. Upon this island, they build the village Hvall in a Fjord, although it is more of a loose gathering of houses, centered around a harbour, with a city, a mine, and trade post - the other buildings are mostly private houses, many of which are minutes away from the other houses.

By now, the humans are already merrily raiding other species found in this world, and there are giant beasts that they may hunt.

The players may only have characters that are normal humans, with strength a normal human would have. Anything resembling supernatural powers is only available as a Shaman, and these are mostly restricted to divination rituals, far from anything you may use in combat.

Only those present in the battle of Ragnarök may be used as characters, due to the fact that the world the RP is set in was only accessible during a tiny amount of time when Yggdrasil shook during the battle, completely sealing the world afterward.

Characters may only have knowledge that was more or less commonly known during the 11th century.

Registration Template:
    Name:
    Gear:
    Appearance: (highly advised)
    Backstory: (highly advised)
    Personality: (optional)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Nahrenne, Harem_lover, tottiy and 2 others like this.
  2. Harem_lover

Harem_lover Loves Spice, and works with Spite

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are just giving you free material to write your story at this point *_*
    Highly advised?

Quaesitor likes this.
  3. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    May as well try.
    Edit: Any place where I can collect info about Norse mythology?
    Edit: Thanks I will read though it then update my character
    Edit: Which I will do thoroughly.
    Edit: This will take some time :blobwoah:
    Edit: Dammit! You just sent me on a WikiWalk ! revenge!
    Edit: Done reading! Will now start editing my character to be more suitable.
    Edit: I think I'm overdoing this.....
    Edit: Done! @Quaesitor , I summon thee!

Name: Blængr {black-blue one; the dark; raven} Eklund
    Fylgja: Black panther

Gear: a dark gray fur coat made of unknown beast passed down through the family. A helmet that covers face but leaves enough uncovered to see and eat. Two Viking swords with initial runes etched on it. A whetstone. A hammer

Appearance: Black hair and eyes. A tall well-muscled but not bulky body. Has a birthmark beside belly-button that looks like a small claw scar
    [​IMG]
    Helmet Mask
    [​IMG]

Born with hair and eyes as dark as the night itself, he was named as such and was discriminated for having different features than his peers.

He was born to a clan with deep history, their leaders were the wise Shamans and their warriors were Berserkers and so was his father.

He had two brothers both older than him. Following the tradition his eldest brother was to be trained as a berserker while the younger would learn a craft of their choice, of which he choose black-smithing.

When he was 12 the shaman saw him for the first time. seeing that fate will not be kind to him the shaman decided that he -against his will- would train to become a berserker as well. Alas, after only 8 years and before he could learn how to harness his familiar spirit. Ragnarok began and his clan was called to fight for Odin the Ruler of Asgard.

Because his build was not as bulky as the rest of clan. He was thought to be weak and was ignored on the battlefield, as such he saw as the rest of his clan was killed by the giants and trolls. Vowing to avenge his clan and in a moment of rage he choose to fight a giant head on and after gouging an eye of the giant with his sword he was sent flying over the edge of Midgard, the land of men.

As he was falling to his death, he was looking back at his life for the first time and pondering over his choices and decisions. Alas, it was too late to do so, or was it? A green wind, whether an aftereffect of the battle or an intentional action, carried him to a forsaken place sealed by three of Yggdrasils roots and blowing him onto the shore of an island with many mountains and valleys, surrounded by much smaller islands. The island of Bjørnøya.

He's normally a withdrawn and a reserved person but after witnessing his clan's demise his silence turned grim and his eyes burn with hatred toward the giants.

His fighting style was taught to him by his father, which is the berserkers way; 'No defence, kill before being killed. Tear your enemies apart!' but he had to take another approach to adapt it to his body which is using his agility and footwork to avoid enemies attacks and using his swords to cut them apart rapidly.

He is a skilled blacksmith.

He, despite being raised by battle maniacs, dislikes fighting but would not go out of his way to avoid it.

He's an intelligent person who tries to see a reason to everything and does not hesitate to try something new, he also has an obsession with seeking knowledge but he can, more often than not, restrain himself from sacrificing too much for more.

Often ponders; What wind has blown him to this unknown island. both literally and metaphorically.

Rarely takes of his helmet off.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Quaesitor likes this.
  4. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Alundric
    Gear: normal clothes and leather pants added with doctor's bag (equipment complete, no medicine what so ever)
    Appearance: black hair, white eyes, asian face with 1.7m tall. Thin looks and hard muscle.
    Backstory: 'I've been walking back to my house in the middle of china street in London, after few days of long hours bisecting and teaching human anatomy and physiology to all those new brats in that run down academy. Even though those long nights can't help me to finish those long line of living human specimens not to mention the animal too. *sigh*
    As i walk unto the alley which point up to my house, i ended up black out for a moment. What came over my sigh after the time i spend adjusting to it is the dimmed light of the roots.....
    Personality : calm to the point of illogically calmness. Like to learn and take the most extreme way such as cut a person skin just to learn what difference between my skin and others looks like. Humorous especially after opening others belly or head. Procrastinating easily when there is nothing at my interest.

Quaesitor likes this.
  5. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Lichdeath
    Gear: geeky clothes, swiss knifeset, glasses
    Appearance: boringly normal
    Backstory:General nerd, somehow got pulled there .... life expectancy = low

Quaesitor likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:Njord
    Gear:Fishing spear, chipped war axe, broken metal armour patched with hides and fishing net.
    Property: A fishing boat... THE WORST fishing boat.
    upload_2018-6-8_10-7-12.png
    Backstory: Njord was born on a stormy night Midgard. The day that he was born the serpent Jormungandr rose from the depths of the oceans and prepared to start his fight with Thor. Njord was named by his parents after the God of the seas Njord in the hopes that he would like the sea survive ragnarok. This did end up occurring as he was swept away by the waters and brought unto the land beneath the roots of Yggdrasil. Njord was not swept away alone by the seas. What turned up with him was a broken armour made by the dwarves which was his fathers before him an axe which had been his mothers weapon when she was a skjaldmaer. Njord grew old before his time and though he may only actually be 20 years of age he appears to be a grizzled veteran of many a fight. As Njord appears as a veteran fighter so he is having bested many other wanderers down below the roots. However his passion is the sea just as his name foretold it would be.
    Personality: His personality shifts with the winds and tides. As such it is best not to go near the ocean when Njord is angry as it is likely that a storm is brewing (Cough totally not actually happening and just a tale).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    MaliMi and Quaesitor like this.
  7. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, that you for your interest, everyone.
    I will post other threads soon, in which the characters will be able to interact with each other and the world.
    This website seems to be a good place:
    https://norse-mythology.org/

As for your character, it is almost completely fine, although the clothes he has bother me a bit, as they do not fit the setting at all - there is no way Vikings would have had jeans or a fedora.
    I don't think there is a reason or way for a person in the modern world to somehow get transferred to the world of this setting, so I will not accept this character unless you have a very good explanation as to why it could happen.
    For you, the same thing bothers me as it did for Alundric; how and why would a person of the modern world get pulled into the world the RP is set in?
    This, this is exactly what kind of character I was hoping for. There are no problems, well done!

MaliMi likes this.
  8. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Aaron
    Gear: Hatchet, Saw, Hammer
    [​IMG]
    Aaron did not really want to come to this damned world, he really, really did not. "I was born on this piece of land. I lived on this soil. I will also die on it!" was what he said. His tribe was divided into two parts. One wished to venture onto the battlefied and die in glory and the other to survive and continue their lineage. Seeing, that none of them would accompany him in dying in their village, Aaron, although reluctantly, used his carpentry and ship-building skills to help them in their endeavors.
    After he bade farewell to the two groups which left, each to their own destination, and waited to be squashed under a meteor heading his way, a group of giants appeared. "Well, I wanted to go out with a bang..." he regretfully looked at the flaming ball in the sky, "but as long as I die here, everything will be just fine." Aaron smiled as he waited for his end.
    However, fate had something else in store for our poor Aaron. As the giant was approaching him, it suddenly slipped. It was the mysterious fruit! After the Ragnarok began, a mysteriouss tree somehow made it to their village. It was filled with strange long yellow fruits, which others thought of as a delicasy, but Aaron hated for some reason. They called it, the banana. And now, Aaron knew why he had hated it ever since he had casted his eyers on it! As the giant slipped, it crashed into Aaron, who flew into the sea!
    "I cannot die in the sea! Impossible! I must be squashed by a meteor or eaten by a giant in my home village!" Aaron screamed inside. But, the currents were too strong and he could not come back. He could only do his best to survive. He gradually got farther and farther from the village until he finally lost his consciousness with final words: "I freaking hate bananas!"
    When he came to, he was in the new world. But his determination to die in his birthplace did not vanish. There and then he sweared that one day, he will make it back!

P.S: ....and destroy all bananas along the way.

Personality: Stubborn, hates bananas (read the backstory)

TiggerBane and Quaesitor like this.
  9. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess this should be fine. Accepted. ^^

MaliMi likes this.
  10. Alundric

Reading List:
    Link
    Ups sorry forgot to extend the introduction.

Intro:
    Yggdrasil seed. The so called rumored panacea and the golden apple.
    They said curiosity killed the cat. But as alundric continued to walk, his mind start pointing him some curiously ill kind of thought. To prove the seed and the apple worthyness and make good use of it. Gods, niddhogh, ratatoskr, ancient beast, you name it. As he saw the glowing light of the city in front of him, what in his eyes is specimens, and lots of it.
    His ultimate goals is.....

11. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, you want to play a mad scientist from the modern world in a setting filled with Vikings? And I still don't see a reason why he should have been able to enter the world. And I will not allow a character from a modern world to destroy the setting by introducing knowledge far beyond what Vikings commonly had.

MaliMi likes this.
  12. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically just edit these bits.
    Like rather than normal clothes make it the outfit of a plague doctor.
    Basically the setting is real world however at the end of the 11-12 century the world ended. As well as a few better things created by groups such as the elves (Rune magic XD(We can't use as not elves/Aesir/Vanir) and dwarves (Craftsmen extrodinares) on our side sort of.

Alundric likes this.
  13. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you might add the technical limitation to the lore in order to prevent these things.

Alundric and Quaesitor like this.
  14. Alundric

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch, so basically my crazy scientist can't enter your world...
    Aarrrgh really craving on those specimens. Imagine to create a chimaera of elf and sleipneer, or dwarf with capabilities of absorbing killed beast enable him/her to use parts or replace broken parts of the body (not undead though).
    Well Alundric is curious regarding what part of those gods that enabling them to be immortall...

(bad effect after reading too much max level newbie and valhalla saga plus elcl)

Quaesitor likes this.
  15. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    The golden apples of immortality... They still naturally age after all without them.

16. Alundric

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at least first he comes up with normal clothes and as progressed he change the clothes accordingly. (after scamming few people)

17. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a great concept, but sadly, it doesn't really fit this RP. You could check whether Magic Association or Adventurer's Guild would allow your idea to flourish.

MaliMi likes this.
  18. Alundric

Reading List:
    Link
    So the apple did that. Hmm what part of the apple react with those gods body... I want to bisect them just to know about this.

Quaesitor likes this.
  19. Alundric

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah... I'm pessimistic regarding that... Hmm on second though where is magic association? They might agreed with me after several persuasion....

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    To paraphrase. "Any being that eats the apples of youth wether they be man, dwarf, giant or even God will be immortal for a thousand years. Then they will rapidly weaken and live out the remainder of their natural lifespans in a extremely weakened state." XD

Quaesitor likes this.