Resolved Searching my reading lists for works by a specific group?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by KurouDaijuji, Sep 25, 2020.

1. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any way to do a search for titles where the results are only from my reading lists (preferably specific ones), but also from a specific group?

Basically I want to move all the Webnovel/Qidian titles from all my other reading lists to one just for them, so I can then decide whether I want to try reading them, or just delete them from my lists.

The problem is that if I look at the list of their series, that's 503 items, & the currently only way I know of to find which series I have at some point in time, added to a reading list (to be read later), is to go through 2027 pages of "releases", & see what pops with chapters highlighted...

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the default configuration is to list releases from your reading list novels in a separate section at the top of the releases section, in the main page. You can check your list settings for further details on that.
    Other than that, I think what you are suggesting probably couldn't be performed quickly with the current tools.

3. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, "new releases" isn't much help when searching for things that haven't been released recently (at least one of the series has it's last indexed/non-paywalled chapter as released late 2017 [ok, technically it's not "in question" because I've already found & reclassified that one]).

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid there isn't much of a way to do that.

Best you can do is using the Series Finder to try searching for some genres that are common to Qidian novels and then add the restriction of only showing results within your reading lists.

5. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    I see.

Thank you for the tip.

6. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no specific tool that does that on NU, but the results can be achieved by:

1. Visiting https://www.novelupdates.com/epublisher/webnovel/

2. Adding this filter in uBlock Origin (just try blocking any element on NU and replace it with the line below):
    Code:
    ##div.search_main_box_nu:has-text(/Add To List/)
    upload_2020-9-25_10-59-30.png

3. Going through these 19 pages of results that will mostly be empty now, clicking on the Reading List prompt and choosing the correct list.
    upload_2020-9-25_11-5-47.png

4. Afterwards delete the filter, because it'll hide ALL series that aren't on your reading list from any search results (series finder, listing, random novel, series ranking, latest novel, tags, publishers, authors, etc.).

~~Edit~~
    Instead of changing the list on the prompt in point 3 you might want to open the novels' pages to verify that they are the only translator for the series (apparently even for series they publish, there are some titles that have other groups translating them).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    KurouDaijuji likes this.
  7. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the help!