Recommendations Second Chance + Modern

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by iWH1te, Oct 21, 2019.

1. iWH1te

iWH1te Sloth Immortal under the Heavens

Reading List:
    Link
    An ordinary, good for nothing character that couldn't succeed, dies/gets killed, goes back to the past, if he was weak and bowed to everyone he doesn't do it anymore.

it would be better if the story made sense and had a fair amount of chapters.

Thanks for always recommending me top lectures since years ago!

Sheri_Yui_Chan, KukiAme and NAJEE.AND like this.
  2. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Virtual Reality stories regularly has this happen (MC was successful & betrayed/was barely making a living, and died returned to the past to when the VRMMO only just started).

Sword Among Us is one example of this being done straight, and fitting your request. MC won the right to participate in a grand competition despite not having any of the most powerful skills in the VRMMO, only to be betrayed, beaten back down to level 1, leave the VRMMO and die... to wake up just before the VRMMO Opened. Two interesting things, first, it's a Cultivation Game and not a Western Fantasy Game. Secondly, it doesn't go down the "I know everything about the game, who's important and what happens, so I abuse that knowledge for great profits!" route. Instead, history diverts near immediately, and the MC uses his prior knowledge only for having a baseline level of skill beyond others, and the ability to know some of the major pitfalls to avoid. In other words, he doesn't have knowledge of every little detail about the VRMMO simply due to returning to the past, like what happens in most of these stories.

Seven.
    Seven is quite a bit different. Instead of the MC going to the past, the MC's best male friend does so... after being estranged from the MC for somewhere between 3 to 7 years (in the future they returned from) due to deciding that the VRMMO should take up all their time and the MC being too bored with a too weak/generic a class to bother to keep playing. So the MC's ex-best male friend goes back in time, and starts abusing his future knowledge, while completely ignoring the MC, and papering their mutual friend who did keep playing due long-term. So MC befriends one of the people the time-returner fought with early on, who teaches her that dodging is a thing that needs to be actively done, and the MC starts actually developing into a skilled character.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  3. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World
    The world’s largest VRMMO, Conviction, was almost like a second world for humanity. It had integrated itself into the real world’s economy, with both corporations and individuals seeking their fortunes through the game.

In this game, Nie Yan prided himself in his Level 180 Thief. He could barely be considered among the top experts in the game. Though, that was the only thing he could take pride in. He was penniless and unable to advance in life; a situation he was forced into by the enemy of his father. If it weren’t for the little money he made by selling off items in Conviction, he would’ve barely been able to eat. In the end, he chose to settle his matters once and for all. He assassinated his father’s enemy. He lay dying shortly after being shot in the pursuit.

However, that wasn’t the end of his story. Instead, he awoke moments later to find that he had reincarnated into his past self. Armed with his experience and knowledge of future events, he sets out to live his life anew.
    Status in COO
    995 Chapters (Completed)
    Translated status : 844

4. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation Paradise
    Su Xiao is a cold-blooded teenager who’s seeking vengeance for the death of his family, yet things ended up badly for him.

As he was taking his last breaths, he heard a voice calling him from dimensions, it was a strange system reaching him, asking him if he wanted to be saved, to be Reincarnated.

He just needed to accept a contract, Su Xiao didn’t have any choice but to do so, but he didn’t know what he signed up for!!

Traveling through worlds, doing extremely dangerous missions, collecting special items, leveling up, and even killing Protagonists…

But Su Xiao wasn’t any ordinary Contractor, Su Xiao was a Hunter!

The MC crosses over to: One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titans…

Status in COO
    2298 chapters (Ongoing)
    Translated status : 202 Chapters

5. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    kyoshijiro likes this.
  6. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    S-classes that I raised

Colossus Hunter
    This one is a bit more fantasy than modern, two people go back in time, and the secondary one is a trashy guy that tries to become a hero in the rerun, while the main character tries to save the future from the shadows

7. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    in what way is that second chance

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  8. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Did it by mistake deleted it.

9. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    My personal favorite on that genre is a fresh start by rlfj.

If you already read most of second chance novel, you can expand your reading list with peggy sue fanfiction.

10. BitterDaisy

BitterDaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why is no one picking concubine's poisonous daughter aka princess weiyang....

11. jlkawaii

jlkawaii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this one https://storiesonline.net/s/68384/a-fresh-start ?