LCD Second Life Ranker

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Apr 18, 2019.

1. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, about his knives, they've broken a couple of times and he's not pulling them from his ass he probably has a bunch on hand via backpack or if he's wearing them on his body. He can also pick up his previous knives, I don't get why people are saying the knives are bs.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they're assuming all items used should be system supplied. It's not common an MC prepares his supplies and gets to bring them in with him. With the memories from his brother he could know the issue of weapon maintenance/durability and bring like 100 knives.
    He certainly had a large amount of money to start with IRL to prepare.

qwerty1 likes this.
  3. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally the situation leading to this lines
    makes me view it like the backpack is no more useful than a pocket at that point onwards. There no point since then telling that the MC repaired or replaced the backpack, so at that I just assume most of his possesions broke or he can't carry them anymore since the first time in the A trial.

There also the factor of durability. Except the fight with the giant centepide like monster, there is no description of the dagger natural deterioration given that the are non-magical items used to fight armored monsters.

So just to maintain my sanity and amusement I just assume he pull new daggers from his ass.

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Theoretically you could say the healing points restore your belongings too, or from a certain point onwards everyone would wear rags or have to go nude.
    As only a random shop was mentioned, not a general supply one.

Your solution sounds very painful though. :blobdead:

5. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    For someone butthurt about what people did to his brother it sounds about right :sweating_profusely:

elengee likes this.
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The irony of his codename being 'Cain' though. :blob_catflip:

7. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    So true, I almost forgot about it. It almost ironic that most likely he will get god's grace (reaching the 99 floor) thanks to his brother dead

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll go around telling everyone 'i am my brother's keeper'. Hilarious plot twist would be if the brother never died and this is all a plot. He takes his brother's name, his brother takes his Cain identity. BOOM.

9. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do all KR novels have the MC use daggers or Spears?:p

10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like a reincarnation but not a reincarnation. The trope is there though, but the storytelling is good.

12. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in terms of the MC in this novel, he's ex-modern military. He's probably smart enough to realize that bringing a gun with limited ammo is a bad idea, assuming guns are even allowed in the Tower. I would presume he learned knife fighting techniques as part of his basic combat training, unlike sword skills. And in a pinch, he can probably handle a spear because he also had bayonet training.

13. Snipetress

Snipetress [Editor, Typesetter, and PR at House of Rain]

Reading List:
    Link
    guns with limited ammo is definitely really bad. unless of course, the gun is an iron man suit :^) But yeah, knife skills is normally pretty important, as is unarmed combat. I can see it :D

14. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    v1c19: Lone wolf route confirmed by MC. I just wish the author makes up his mind about him.

He has been anti-torture trained, but gets angry talking to someone for 5 minutes.
    He is some sort of special forces soldier, but he "has no talent, just hard working",

I know the MC have to appeal to the common people, but he end ups being a blob without personality. I guess this is the fate of the KR MCs:blobpeek:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Sea Dog likes this.
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, I lost most of my interest while reading this, it is like KoB all over again, I just read this to:
    a. Not do my work
    b. Wait for Overgeared (something I am losing interest as well)
    c. Praying for SSS Suicide Hero and hope that some spoiler dudes can drop some junk.

Sea Dog and viprei like this.
  16. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm say this to you as much as I'm saying it for myself

Stop slacking, do the thing

0000000 likes this.
  17. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    c19: So based on the MC's thoughts about the Hargan's Crown artifact that Doyle and Kahn want to get, it seems the tutorial resets for each batch of challengers because the MC's brother got the Hargan's Crown when he ran the tutorial. So, we can expect multiple duplicate artifacts in use by the Tower climbers. This explains how his brother was able to compile a list of what and where the artifacts are for his diary, ie even those he never personally picked up.

18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Except for unique items, like the devouring vampiric sword. Numbered gear is typically unique in other novels.

19. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say he falls under unreliable narrator trope except he's not narrating but the whole thing is his POV anyways. Orrrrr he can be anti-torture trained but still get angry with 5 minutes of chattering and a special forces soldier that got into that position through sheer hardwork. It's not impossible you know.

20. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    v1c20: The MC promised that he will skip C and D hidden pieces and he did. The first fight with an arrogant guild is coming