Recommendations Seeking more female-led isekai/VR/action/adventure with no romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by dkpough1, Dec 14, 2021.

1. dkpough1

dkpough1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I’m seeking more adventure, action, kingdom building or slice- of-life stories with a female lead (gender bender is okay, but not preferred) and that have no or minimal romance. I’m especially looking for RAWs that aren’t listed in Novelupdates yet; also looking for comics/manga, original English works, anything really.

A prime example of what I’m looking for is In the Land of Leadale. Below are other examples of things I’ve already read (and/or watched its anime adaptation) and liked.

Web/light novel examples:
    Manga examples:
    • A Witch’s Printing Office
    • Claymore
    • Little Hero
    • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    Original English examples:
    • Reincarnated as a Familiar
    • Queen in the Mud
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Lize likes this.
  2. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'I'll live my second life' is really funny. If you like Land of Leadale you'll probably enjoy it. It's similarly low-tension and almost slice of life-y.

It does have a romance tag and the setup for it is there, but I'm 200 chapters in and it's not even slightly important yet. The MC is still just clowning around in knight school.

dkpough1 likes this.
  3. dkpough1

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I actually had that one on my "Maybe Interested" list, but now I'll give it a try.

4. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Khriss

Khriss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Metaworld Chronicles!
    It's a isekai ish scenario and it's mainly about adventuring with some business.
    I binged all of the chapters recently and really enjoyed gwen's shenanigans!
    Romance plays a very minor role/is ingorable
    It's basically non-existent till ~ch 340, and even then it is basically put on hold for the foreseeable future (the characters agree to put a pin on it lmao). Minor note, it is a GL pairing but again, it plays a very minor role in the story, and again, it can honestly be ignored if you wish.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    dkpough1 likes this.
  6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe:
    ½ Prince (VR, F to M gender bender. The novel already complete if I'm not mistaken)
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (Isekai, non-human FMC)
    Only Sense Online (VR, M to F gender bender)
    Youjo Senki (isekai, M to F gender bender. A.K.A Saga of Tanya the Evil. If you haven't watch this, you don't know what you miss)
    Sword Art Online Alternative - Gun Gale Online (VR. Alternative story to SAO's GGO arc w/ different writer & characters)
    She Professed Herself the Pupil of the Wiseman (isekai, M to F gender bender. Anime coming Winter 2022)
    Free Life Fantasy Online (VR)
    Genocide Online (VR)
    Housekeeper of the Hundred Blossom Palace (reincarnation, SoL, lots of shipping but so far no real romance & no action)

Other suggestions, if you're looking for FMC(s) w/lots of action, but no VR and/or isekai mangas/animes:
    Jormungand (the POV may be from the boy's (Jonah), but the real star is Koko)
    Gunsmith Cats
    Gunnm (A.K.A Battle Angel Alita)
    Black Lagoon (lots of bad ass ladies here)
    Appleseed
    JJBA Act 6: Stone Ocean (Jolyne Kujoh, daughter of Jotaro, currently on air this season)
    Sakura Taisen

Not sure if this count as action for you:
    Girls und Panzer
    Haifuri
    Azur Lane
    Kancolle

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    dkpough1 likes this.
  7. Nonnom

Nonnom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tori transmigrated( not sure if I spelt that right) might be good. So far, little romance if none at all.

dkpough1 likes this.
  8. mushy

mushy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delivery Knight (completed manhwa)

You Didn’t Tell Me the Start of My Transmigration Was a Gate
    This one is really fascinating unfortunately there's only 18 chapters. Hopefully someone will pick it up.:blobmelt:

dkpough1 likes this.
  9. dkpough1

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

I'll add some more that I know of. First, here are three Goodreads lists with examples. The first two are my own list and include many of the works I included in my original post, but there may be more added in the future:
    Some original English examples I also liked are Siphon by Jay Boyce and The Dungeon Shop by Chris Ford

A few web novels on my to-read list that look interesting:
    More translated works I know of:
    Thanks again for all the recommendations. I'm looking forward to more of them and I hope my own are helpful.

Lehiye likes this.
  10. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow looks good I will add some new then as well:
    1. Tanya Degurechaff and the Philosopher’s Stone (Harry Potter + Youjo Senki fanfic)
    2. From Sidekick to Bigshot (Super fun and no romance in the first 450 ch, starts after that, still totally worth the read even till then~)
    Also I heared that Beneath the Dragoneye Moons is about mc running for her life no romance but kinda ehh sounds like a simp as they described it
    The Weakest Tamer Trash Picking Journey Begins has a manga too. I read some of it, cute and all but not much story to it read if u want some cuteness but that's all to it I'd say

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    dkpough1 likes this.
  11. YuLicht

YuLicht Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man
    - The Goddess of Sword’s Journey Across the Stars
    - 君临星途
    - 神仙三爷是个妞
    - 星际游戏争霸
    - 星际女元帅升级记