Selling dimms

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Nov 4, 2019.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking a way to sell my 2 corsair dimms. As I'm getting 2 new pairs of micron 2666 ram sticks. It should be micron E-die so overclocking should be better than hynix djr, cjr, jjr or what ever other dies.

Should I just sold my ram or should I flash my xmp with Thaiphoon and sell it at 3400mhz. Instead of stock 3000mhz.

I need it quite urgently. Yeah.

Maybe I should add voltage to 1.6v and test those individually, and sell those with xmp flashed and sell them as binned rams. Idk lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
  2. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    You posting this in a tech forum also, right?

3. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    id keep it factory if i were you, people in the know would overclock themselves people who dont wouldn't know to change the bios so it works

xiazixin and runsing like this.
  4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    always sell them at stock/default. you're basically limiting your target of potential buyers by selling a hardware pre-modded. even advance users would usually prefer buying a stock, unmodded hardware. unless it is from a well-known, *acknowledged seller.

*acknowledged as in you're someone/seller who's already made a name for himself by selling mod/overclock stuff in 'local' scene, be it forum, e-market etc. and those things needs time. years of time. and effort.

also, please use Edit button. refrain from double-posting as much as possible.

:blob_plusone:

Wujigege and xiazixin like this.
  5. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually no, English tech forums are too toxic. Maybe overclocking forums.
    But there is @runsing here.

Make sense less the hassle to flash the xmp profiles too.

@runsing I personally didn't really see anyone using thaiphoon modified rams In the markets too. There is aways risk depending on how you use thaiphoon also. Well not sure do warranty cover those issues too.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  6. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    He's speaking the language of gods.

xiazixin likes this.
  7. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for my poor English, I'm not native so there's pron to grammatically errors.

As for those terms I thought I'm talking with some tuaba tech savvy monsters. I just incase your lost and let me fill you up.
    Basically I'm getting 4 sticks of 2666 8gb ram sticks from crucial.
    They looks little compare to other Hyper X and and other high frequency rams but they are made from micron E-die the one that broke the 3 world's records of over 6000mhz.

But I'm aways broke/2nd hand stuff. Basically I don't have money.
    All my customers builds 2nd hand budget builds too, having no use for the awkward position of 3000mhz rams.

I'm having problems getting rid of it. I'm basically just thinking of selling it cheap or modified it and sell it.

8. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't talking about your English though, I was talking about those tech savvy terms.

Wujigege and xiazixin like this.
  9. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    probably not because no one using thaiphoon, but because people generally will restore the original settings whenever they're selling it.

back to your issue, if you find it hard to sell the ram, i would suggest you build a system out if it. this probably depends on local market situation, but i find selling an entire cpu easier and more profitable than just selling a single hardware. often, i will actually got more offers/queries for a single hardware inside the pc than i got when i tried to sell each hardware individually.
    1. a complete cpu gives a signal that all components in it, is working, so the buyers don't have to fork out extra time and effort to match the hardware
    2. some people who bought these systems are actually a middleman/reseller themselves

personally, while i do overclock, i don't usually go to the extreme. almost all (pc) hardware i bought, be it new or used, i buy them with the intention to sell them away at one point in time. looking at my main pc now, the oldest thing in my pc that stays are my sound card, hdd mobile rack, custom-ordered sata power cable and few casing fans. everything else pretty much comes and go.

xiazixin likes this.
  10. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the hard parts I do get builds and I do get newer players ask me to build one for them. But the thing is that I mainly deals with old hardwares. Ddr3 2gb x4 rams.
    For me hd 7950 sell better than 1050ti.
    Sirous.
    The market here is chinese rural areas. Kinda difficult to build an expansive system.

Edit: But please don't ask me why I would build an 7950, just an example.

11. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    no localized forums/e-market website at all?

then try facebook or messaging platform like whatsapp/telegram/wechat group.

if you have 4 of them, sell them in pairs instead

12. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt I can beat the price of pc with those major partners and distributors. I try ask some of my friends... (I think those monsters more interested in micron E-die lol.)

Edits:
    Maybe I should just sell them as 2666 stick as one of the components for my friends that I'm going to build. But the Mobo only have 2 slots. I have the other build with h55 and some 4usd cpu. Ddr3 ram.

Sadly, and surprisingly the cost of those "3000mhz" shit die is way more expensive than the 2666mhz Micron E die.
    But how amazing it is still depends on the luck. But should at least stable at 4000mhz.

13. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    that'll work. just tell him it is your ram, you're upgrading. you can either offer him a bit lower than a new 2666, or exactly the same. afterall, you're building his pc anyway, so i'd assume you'll also be handling any RMAs for him.

what model board was it, if i may ask? an m-atx, i assume? no other choice that doesn't differs in price too much?

14. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    @runsing I planing on msi b250 nano with 9400f. The Mobo only cost 25 usd, it's really a solid board.

Edit:
    Technical a B360 when flashed bios.

Edit2: there is only 2 weeks warranty for all my builds. But I generally only get the cost of parts for first halve of the years. I build 2nd hands I would bankrupt if I give 3 years.

15. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    will it really work? :hmm: a b250 (flash to b360)
    is this particular board for china's market? from what you say it sounds like a rebadge

why not dial back the processor and get a better board (in terms of onboard equipment) instead

16. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    It works. Check this post https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-to-build-a-pc-for-cheap.94599/

Msi board don't even need you to tape the cpu.

Edits.
    And the 6 phrases VRMs for a small board is really good.

17. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    if you're 100% sure it will work for the parts you're buying, sure, go ahead.
    this is just me, but that's a route i won't choose for a budget, used build.

"i got something good with cheaper price than you" ticks with most people, so i took advantage of that, and give them something to brag about. well-known brand of hardwares, motherboards with 4 dimm slots, wifi-that's-not-a-dongle, see-through side panel, lighting, non-stock coolers and fans, etc.

basically what i strive for is build them a system that 'i might be able to absorb back'. and i do tell them that. so in a few years down the line, they'll be recurring customers. instead of selling the old system themselves, they might let me handle the task instead, while simultaneously also building them the next system (so i profited from a system twice). this method takes time, but the recipe has been working well so far.

18. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I got use to these kind of things. And most of people in tuaba community are monsters, I didn't overclock E5 2680v2 with x79 or x99 is fortunate.

That friends of mine use autodesk auto cad. Normally eternet and ssd increases speed faster. Than cpu do so i3 is enough. Even if he have over budget for a board I'll still let him save it. Life is not so easy here. A single pc can last them for a long times.

People here are not exactly rich. It's normal for me to get a ancient graphic card like the hd9950 and reduce voltage to downclock it to 60°c for a temperature that make it stable over the years.

19. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    although the OP is not dead, as I'm here now. The thread is 4 years old.
    Since i'm not dead the staff would usually not lock the thread, unless you have some urgent, or some things you really need help, its best not to recycle threads.

as for the flashing xmp profile, typhoon is expensive for the average, but since I have a friend who OEM dimms and SSD, I could get the software quite easily, So yeah.