LCD Seoul Station’s Necromancer

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Faust, Sep 3, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That only works if he doesn't trust his recruiter and believes the recruiter would lie to him. He may believe that the recruiter's judgement is slipping, but that doesn't mean he doesn't trust him to tell the truth.

Honestly, I'd find his lack of interest more believable if he thought Woojin was a spy from another guild or something, but he's just completely disregarding him for no reason.

Also, regarding your analogy, if you live in Springfield, MO and someone says they met Brad Pitt at the grocery store, there's no reason not to believe him because Brad Pitt was born in Springfield, MO and (as far as I know) some of his family still lives there. Its the same thing here.

AkeShiro likes this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, your analogy is right and so is your thought process in terms of not trusting the retainer. We do not know the internal dialogue of the guild master anyway, but one thing is for sure, he is not evaluating well on the retainer's judgment as seeing it as more of a fluke.He does not trust the retainer completely, which is why he requested evidence until he can put Woojin in, the retailer literally just ask the guild master to put Woojin in a position one seat below guild master.

Again, to see Woojin as a god-like god send requires proof, something the retainer is only able to produce verbally and with no actual view or understanding of Woojin's prowess. To me that felt like an administrative lapse, sort of like writing a blank check and hope that the other guy doesn't screw up. So for now it will be best to really just put Woojin on a bus and focus more on why Alphenians are popping up like fungi in my long unwashed, sweat filled sports shoes that I had left and forgotten in my old gym locker.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    O, I'm not saying that the Guildmaster should have given Woojin the vice-presidency. I'm just saying that he shouldn't completely disregard anyone that can do what Woojin has done and should at least consider making him a vice-president or altering the offer to something like a fast-track promotion route to vice-president if Woojin continues to excel or whatever. Just assuming that Woojin is mediocre in spite of all the evidence is what makes me think he's incompetent.

AkeShiro likes this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...For all we know he might really be incompetent, he is just another A ranker after all. Or he might be jealous about Woojin, there can't be 2 kings in the same castle after all.

5. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    yep he is super competent i ask my friend for the spoiler and she said the guild master is just super duper mega amazing and extremely really super competent and he is a typical xianxia kind of shithead.

6. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a lot of his reaction comes down to the type of world they're living in at this point. You gotta assume that the vast majority of talented roused have already emerged and recruiting talent has become ever more difficult. Apparently the recruiter who recommended Woojin also hadn't been doing well in the past. So hearing about an awe inspiring talent emerging out of nowhere would feel pretty far fetched. Exaggeration on the part of a failing employee.

That said, the Guild Master sounds like an arrogant prick and it's a wonder how short-sighted individuals like this rise in power. Obviously this guy did it through Roused ranking, but it seems like in general a lot of ignorant people end up in positions of power for one reason or another. I guess that A-type personality really shines in the corporate world, at least in fiction.

All of this is moot though, because Woojin would never join another guild even if he was offered the VP position. I imagine he also sees pretty much every other roused on earth as children, considering he spent basically 20 years living inside a Dungeon, whereas the rest have only spent 5 living in a much safer environment. So the only thing I could see happening is him either taking over a guild, or establishing his own.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he established his own, then the vice-guildmaster would be running it for sure. He doesn't seem like the sort that would want to be bothered with running an organization.

8. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely not. Sunggoo would pretty much end up doing all the work. I think he's probably going to be entirely focused on leveling up and gaining access to his minions before he bothers with forming a guild. I'm sure his entourage will grow at some point, as he needs some more corpse skinners, bloodstone retrievers, and loot haulers now that he's in higher level dungeons.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she was mauled by a monster or if it was Roused based domestic abuse of some sort. Normally, I'd think monster, but she did ask if he knew about her relationships.

Also wondering if he'll care enough to bother healing her. I'm sure there's something in his shop that could do it.
    Well, it would definitely be a "unique" guild, with very abnormal requirements ;)

AkeShiro likes this.
  10. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't already a forgone conclusion it was some arrogant young master Roused who was pissed at being rejected or something? Whether he heals her or not I think they'll still get together.

AkeShiro likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she'll fall for him, but them getting together is a bit too soon to call. Most of these series either go hardcore harem, perpetual virgin or both, and we don't know what it'll be in this series yet.

AkeShiro likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I love his condition for joining the guild :LOL:

The recruiter should have taken the offer to the guildmaster. Considering how cocky the guildmaster is, he might have agreed to it so long as Woojin had to join if he lost. Of course, its a bit of a high risk strategy since the guildmaster might also just get pissed off and declare Woojin an enemy of the guild.

I figured he'd start clearing new dungeons eventually, but I thought it would take longer. I wonder if he'll rent it out to others or monopolize it himself.

AkeShiro likes this.
  13. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    i wonder when Woojin will heal the sister of bed wetter

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, he's not a bed wetter. I'm not sure if there's a specific term for a person in his situation, but if there is, I know its not bed wetter.

15. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think he will monopolize, he likes money. If it is of a proper level and design to grind he might book a permanent daily slot or two for himself though.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He feels like someone who dislikes hassles though and I doubt his friend could handle managing a dungeon. I think the government helps to some extent, but it seems like the owner is supposed to have a representative there too.

That said, Hammer guild might volunteer to help, but honestly, that guy needs to stop giving stuff away and start saying, "Well, if you join our guild, we'll be happy to handle this for you" or "Hammer guild would be happy to buy the dungeon rites from you." If he keeps giving Woojin all the member benefits, then what incentive does he have to actually join?

17. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    well maybe its bcuz of different culture. the "bed-wetter" is a slang with few meaning
    literally mean as it is, wet dream, short eject?, one who afraid of ghost story that s/he cant even go to bathroom, etc

18. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what rank will they give him now? A+? And what happend inside.

19. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    the title of this ln is exotic and unique ;-;

Ikemen Sensei likes this.
  20. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice thing is that they can't see what loot he got since he can store it out of view. Assume next chapter is reactions and him telling what happened inside, while lying 90% of the time.

AkeShiro likes this.