Recommendations Serial killer romance?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Shinygold13, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Shinygold13

Shinygold13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all started with reading Ding Mo’s Memory Lost and from then on, I am lost. So, yeah, seeing the my path is now crooked I am craving for some crazy romance with Xu Si Bai vibes
    or S from the seven-member organization

I’m looking for a happy ending and at least an average IQ female lead, no idiots please, that’s just too tragic.

Lemme ramble for some details I want.

Plot should be a little realistic such as conflict between ideals (cuz loving a Psychopath is crazy) but of course romanticized (cuz real life romance with a serial killer is a sure way to hell) within reason. I’m okay with Stockholm syndrome but no mind break, okay?

It can be an asian translated novel or a published western novel. Drop the title and author (if western). Thanks!

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful:
    I am not judging but maybe @ludagad or @readerz can help.
    You can also try @Kalto and @Anra7777
    There is a NUF member who is a doctor that I can't put a finger on his name and no it's not Yukkuri.
    Best of luck

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I usually avoid these kinds of stories unless I’m in the mood to read something really dark, and then I prefer it being dramatic rather than romanticized. Sorry I can’t help. :blobpeek:

Shinygold13 and Wujigege like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate OP wants psychopath and romance, I am not into that stuff :blobsweat_2:
    But if it is about a psychopath and action, 'Death Notice' is worth a try

Shinygold13 and Wujigege like this.
  5. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    I misread that as Death Note :blobxd: but I did check it out, looks interesting. There’s zombies!

:blobowoevil_horns: Welp, not my usual cup of coffee too and it is extremely weird. Just checking if anyone can recommend this thriller with the description I’m looking for. Gotta fall back to goodreads then.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I’m looking for it, I’m getting kinda scared :blobneutral::blobfearful::sweating_profusely:

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, um, I immediately recalled a certain novel, but damn if I can remember the name... Maybe someone here will recall it? It's a fast wear/world hopping/multiple transmigrations novel. I think the MC was female, but don't exclude BL just in case. So the MC transmigrates to worlds where the ML went psycho crazy and destroyed the world (and murdered tons of people). In the first world, ML was in either a research institute, or a psychiatric institute. It was shady either way. At some point, he'll snap and kill them all, then go on a murder spree outside or something. The MC came at a bad timing, and briefly met the ML. He was curious about her, but she got spooked and wanted to kill him to prevent him from his psychotic break, but he killed her in the end. In the second world they meet again, and they kinda progress throughout the worlds... I can't say more, cause I was reading about it in a spoiler thread (I think, I don't trust my shitty memory) and the novel sounded too edgy for me, so I peace'd out of there. I'll try to look for the title, but don't count on it too much lol. I swear I only remembered the novel for its edginess and everything else about it is in a cloud of vagueness... Also, it's absolutely possible that I actually randomly found it in a Chinese website while hunting for new novels, read the first arc, skipped over the rest, got bored, and forgot all about it, so...

8. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna lurk here just in case someone knows the name of this one

9. Gekkoureader

Gekkoureader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I suggest manga?:hmm:

If so, then I know two.:blobokhand:

Stalker x stalker:blobneutral:

And that one really abusive dude and guy with an extreme case of stockholm syndrome:blobfearful:

Well, if not then... sorry:blob_tilt:

10. zombiequeenkai

zombiequeenkai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey OP.

You’re better off looking under the male yandere tag for the type of story you’re looking for. Most people don’t combine the words “psychopath” and “romance” together, so you’re going to have a hard time finding it by the label. But even still, male yandere stories are a bit... ehhh on everything. Female MCs are really really braindead (I mean, what story doesn’t have a brain dead MC) or the yandere really isn’t a “yandere” or it’s a straight up abuse story (I’m looking at you “A wife’s cry” you piece of shit story). Personally, I suggest reading
    I’ve Been Reincarnated as this Game’s Villainess, I’ll Train the Main Capture Target to be a Yandere. It’s a one shot but really really good. MC isn’t a stupid girl and doubles down with the yandere. Best yandere story I read in the past two years

11. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I’ve read the spoiler of this too but we’ll see. If you remember the name, do share it!

12. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    You can! In fact I’m gonna suggest my own. I discovered it months ago but forgot it, it’s called “Koroshi Ai”.

13. Shinygold13

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp! I forgot there’s the Yandere tag to look for. Then again, I am looking for a Xu Si Bai-esque serial killer and yes, I an spoiling Memory Lost for those who’ll read this post.

It all started with this scene:

“But she speaks in a cold voice that even brings shivers to herself, “Your dad killed my dad. You’re the leader of a criminal organization. Yet you think we can be together?”

She interrogates coldly, carrying a strong sense of mockery.

He remains silent for a few seconds.

“Su Mian,” he says gently. His gentleness and demeanor have sunken into his bones after many years, “In this world, you must know what can’t be done. Not everyone will choose love that is full of hope.”

Su Mian is lost without words.

He presses down on the cigarette to put it out and rests his hand on his knee. After a while, he says, “Su Mian, I’ve told you before, but you didn’t believe me. In your theory, the mentally ill have very distinctive characteristics——

Good at expressing himself and inspirational. But for someone who lacks central organization, he is never able to keep his mind and words in the same direction;

Impulsive and angered easily. Once he’s impulsive, he has a tendency to commit crimes; many of us are alcoholics because alcohol can awaken our nerves that are slower than normal people; we desire excitement because we are born...”

“But there’s one thing that you’re wrong about.”

In the spacious and quiet room, besides their voices and breathing, there is no other noise. Su Mian can feel great sorrow and stuffiness surge into her heart. It’s because she already knows what he wants to say.

He lifts his eyes to look at her. His pupils are pitch black like the quietness here at the bottom of the underground mall.

“I’m in love with you. My feelings are not shallow or empty. I have always been able to sense you.”

————

“But in these few years, I’ve always known that I’m mentally ill. Therefore……”

Su Mian’s eyes open wide in shock.

He stares at her quietly. The restlessness, confusion, pain, and even anger that he has been feeling in his heart, suddenly calms down after finding out the truth.

It’s even more peaceful than before losing her and after leaving them. It’s like an endless body of water filling up his heart.

Do you understand?

The woman I love.

Even after losing my memory, the moment I opened my eyes, I could tell that I was different from everybody else.

I don’t have a lot of feelings for other people, so I’ve always been alone.

I never talk too much in front of you because if I do, you’ll notice the shortcomings and disorders in my speech.

Therefore, I’ve been keeping myself from confessing my love to you.”

—————

So, if any kind of ML comes to mind please do share.

Also, “A Wife’s Cry” is effing shitty. I bought both book 1 & 2 cuz it was heavily endorsed by a friend of mine but I knew I wasted my money for it. I’ve been spoiled by said friend and I know even the synopsis doesn’t do it justice. I hated the girl and I freaking hated the guy. Saying they’re only human is retarded.

I don’t understand why this kind of suffering is popular in my country.

14. Gekkoureader

Gekkoureader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the first chapter, and it's already amazing!:blobcat_hyper:

Thanks for the recommendation!:blobparty:

Shinygold13 likes this.
  15. yooh

yooh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try this one Kami-sama, Ki-sama o Koroshitai. It's still ongoing unfortunately, but I personally liked it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019