Discussion Serious question: what is with the hate of NTR?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Divine_Imperial_Raccoon, Apr 10, 2016.

?

Do you hate NTR?

1. Yes i hope that there will never be another NTR story

39 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Yes but it can exist

33 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. I don't know what it is

8 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. No but i am not a fan

30 vote(s)
    19.9%
  5. No i love NTR

9 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Get a life i hate what are you doing on the internet you are a teenager go get some friends

8 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. I don't care

24 vote(s)
    15.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight2010

Midnight2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh,in hentai,doesn't matter that much since the female goes Stockholm syndrome from the first few minutes,but in an actual novel it could ruin it.Especially in harem and especially if I like that female.

2. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said this in a previous NTR thread, but I'll just repeat it again here since this is my honest opinion about it.

Im sure there are many who hates it rather than loving it or neutral to it.

NTR is a kind of tragedy tag, where the MC will experience lots of bad things, but this is just the worst kind of hardship that really breaks the heart of the readers. Somehow it feels not salvageable at that point and the story will always fall even lower after that. so yeah, fuck that kind of story.

LazyLuong and VixenKiss like this.
  3. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    A better question would be: Why wouldn't someone hate NTR?

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. Speaking from personal experience, eh?

5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel it's pointless. MC gets his girl taken is fine. It happens. Some ntr is just pointless though

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR, huh..

Depends on the writing, I suppose.

If you're basically just reading hentai to be reading hentai, then, well, cool on you for actually being emotionally involved with the characters. Mad respect. You're probably wasting those feelings on subpar literature, though, since the author's main goal was probably the hentai, and it was probably just a one-shot.

If you're reading a real romance novel and come across NTR as a form of drama, then, well, I don't see the problem. Of course it's probably not going to be a happy thing for everyone involved (hence tragedy) but you can't bash on a subset of tragedy for being, well, tragic. It's not bad writing or full of bad/stupid characters just because NTR is involved. Sometimes feelings change... easily.

Heck, if you remember your highschool days, you might remember how often girlfriends and boyfriends passed each other around to the rest of the school. Though you might just call that one "cheating" - not that I see a difference, personally.

Ai chan up there along the posts somewhere made a good point, too. Sometimes it depends on who you identify with. There's a difference between seeing someone step in between you and your significant other to "steal them away," and being the person "stolen away." A very big difference. Lots of emotion involved either way, but almost at opposite ends of the spectrum.

7. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i hate NTR if the mc love the heroines
    i love NTR if the heroines love the mc BUT he is a fu***** dense MC, wasting their loves

8. Recklezz

Recklezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personfally i hate NTR, because it hurts my feels! The narroter always shows a dramatic playout of the NTR so that the mc will be hurt even more. Take otomedori as an example, (Note that this is a hentai with NTR as a main 'tag') the mc has 2 grills. 1 is a sister and the other is a sexy friend. The mc loves the sexy friend, but because the sister how has a brother complex is being raped by old dudes, she process to trick the sexy girl into cheating on the mc. the sexy girl gets pregnant and she continues to live with the mc like nothing ever happened. But the Mc's little sister told him what happened and even gave him a cd with evidence. Now he has to raise a daughter that is not his and always know that his 'wife' cheated on him all the time.

Sorry for the long post, but this is just one of those stories that haunt me. I thought it was quite innocent, no!

9. Ahrt

Ahrt PhD in Pokemon Studies

Reading List:
    Link
    Preference.

I have a bunch of friends who like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic way too much, I don't get it but I'm not gonna hate them for their burning passion to watch and talk about it every SINGLE TIME.

I have friends who collect Anime figurines and BUY BODY PILLOWS of their Waifus. I definitely think they should tone down a little but once again it's their preference.

One friend of mine likes NTR because it gives him a new experience. He's successful in everything he does (has a wife, millionaire, great complete family, talented, not spoiled, etc...) basically a complete Riajuu(He's half Japanese too. Perfect manga character).

Some people like to read OP wish fulfillment stories because you want to escape reality and enjoy something else. People are varied and also have different ways to escape reality.

After writing this I just realized my friends are crazy...

mastemind05, Shio and Recklezz like this.
  10. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like it because NTR contains rape and stealing someone else's lover/spouse doesn't sit(/seat?) well with me. I tend to avoid this genre.

11. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    But some people actually like it and sees it from the point of the person who got stolen from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.