LCD Sevens (LN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Nov 23, 2018.

1. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, the dealings of Novem and memory lost of Lyle to a lot of things was revealed this early.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn. The memory stuff came early. Though she did tell them the purpose the harem as the original. Also now they know about jewels, will they doubt Lyle's?

3. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it will be an interesting scenario if the harem knew the ancestor earlier and how they will react to it.

4. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm...the scene with lyle confronting his ancestor...much better than the WN. I wonder if the plot will start deviating more now that they're headed to beim. unfortunately, after v8, we'll have to wait for months for v9 to drop and hope that bakapervert is still around by then.

vlue likes this.
  5. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, In the WN the Ancestors were a bit more intimidating with fewer words being said.

6. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    The approval from the first and second was a nice touch. Also it's nice to see the harem members doubting each other's continued involvement with the party. Cause it would seem natural for Clara not to be too attached to the group depending on your perspective.

7. Esperreal

Esperreal [The Real Esper], [The Specialest Snowflake]

Reading List:
    Link
    Been meaning to read the LN, I have finished the WN so I was wonder what are the changes so far [put spoiler tag plz]

8. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    new character sophia
    basic plot is the same, but different things happen...for example, miranda and lyle's confrontation was much different, and shannon's eyes were healed by novem. basically the plot is better set up, rather than haphazardly "happening"

9. Esperreal

Esperreal [The Real Esper], [The Specialest Snowflake]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm:blobowoevil_horns: seems like I got to read this once it's conmplete.

10. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the Beim arc in the next volume be different from the WN now i wonder?

11. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Lyle kissing May in her Animal form seems to be have an illustration..

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    BigBadBoi likes this.
  12. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that...and I gagged.

vlue likes this.
  13. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was the one of the most hilarious non-Mr. Lyle moment in the WN lol. Let's wait for the Mr. Lyle godly smooth pickup lines.(Jesus fuck were those smooth)

vlue likes this.
  14. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, May's design(divine beast version) doesn't look so good, I was hoping for a sexy horse like Rain from the movie "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron"

There's a lot of changes, can't say it was better or worse, it feels like the LN won't make sense unless you've read the WN first, there are some various details in WN that were removed compared to LN(just like Third's background on his death) while the LN's pacing is faster story-wise, lores and sequence. The biggest difference I saw so far is that the ancestors is better in the WN ver. while the harem is better in the LN ver.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  15. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny enough, her human design reminds me of Kirin armor from monster hunter.

16. mytus123

mytus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got the question about early chapters (14th atm), I had really hard time with chapters when he went full sissy ending with crying... but I endured it and kept going on... but now he is just repeating 1:1 sentences told to him by his ancestors (talk with feudal lord about bandits and Aria's kidnapping) and that's really hitting my bottom line again, I also feel thats just the prelude to things we met more than once in xanxia... like every trouble will be solved by his cheat = ancestors help.
    So since I'm really struggling with these two themes and kinda not enjoying what I have read till this moment (mostly bc of these things) please tell me how long it will take him to be 'independent' (like not getting help at every corner or going full sissy?), I'm trying to convince myself that's worth my time mostly looking at high score and really high number of users reading it... but if this things will be popping up for like another ~30 chapters I would rather drop it now and go to the next one, then make rage quit halfway through with some 1 star undeserved comment.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  17. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    the first 80 chapters or so can be considered a buildup for the main story. there are reasons behind his weak mentality. if you want a spoiler about that,
    his sister stole his strength and memories of his youth. This means that mentally Lyle isn't any older than a kid, especially since he had to endure the neglect and abuse of his household afterwards.
    The ancestors early on have support him fully because his lack of understanding and naivety. This gradually begins to decline as Lyle grows, markedly after they leave the country they're in now. at the end of v7, Lyle makes his resolve and determines what his goal is
    defeating his psychotic monster of a sister.
    His ancestors are passing on their experience to him, which tbh he would have had already had he not been kicked out by his family.

As to answer your question of sissyhood...I'd say probably after v5? the ancestors being cheat answers,well they help him out when they can, but he begins to come up with his own ideas around v4-5. His uselessness is primarily because of the first spoiler.

edit: also the reason behind high readers/score is because people know what to expect from the WN. the story gets really good after the first 80 chapter hurdle.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    mytus123 likes this.
  18. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    it's one of fewest novels out there that requires heavy investment but great return, something like working out, whether you work out till you puke or quit halfway... But the LN made Lyle was too girly compared to the early parts of the WN was a more cunning version of him(and I still prefer the WN over the LN).

Also aside from the high expectations of the readers, it's on par with HxH and FMA while having a colorful cast of characters of the harem and great teachers which were the ancestors. Well it's one of the most noticeable thing about the novel's surface, though for me, the more I read it, the deeper it goes especially on how intricate it was when it comes to philosophy and politics... But that's the WN version, I'm still skeptic about the LN especially when the author is busy with his other novels.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  19. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    4th was a lolicon and the entire arc with may got altered much like Aria. /Shrugs/ alright then. May will get picked up before they officially join the beim guild.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  20. mytus123

mytus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So u're saying WN is better then LN?
    I started with WN (about 10 chapters) and then figured out that there is 'newer' LN, so I assumed that if this is just fresh version of the same story, then it should be 'better' and started again with this one. There were definitely some differences... mostly in descriptions and some additional narrator's comments, so I can tell at this point, that there is 'more' content in LN, but if it comes with baggage like more annoying 'child drama'... that's just not worth it :(

I definitely enjoyed FMA and consider HxH a really good one too... then again thinking about LN's just 8 volumes translated (less then half story?), switching to WN would be inevitable... so let's give it another shot, I guess. o_O