LCD Sevens (LN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Nov 23, 2018.

1. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a gut feeling for me, the LN was commercialized, so it feels artificial and weak, unlike the WN which is raw and more powerful, but this is coming from someone who has read the WN, so I don't know whether the LN readers feels the same when they haven't read the WN before, besides that, the translation of the WN is more polished and it's already completed. And just as I've stated, the author doesn't really care about Sevens since his other Light Novel is more popular with a manga adaptation(besides making various web novels), so Sevens LN is more of a side job now compared to the WN version which was his main focus before.

Despite what I said, it's the only novel that I'm currently reading after going back to stapling mangas and I still enjoy it despite of my subjective criticism.

This is also my problem with the LN, it was actually lesser in the WN.

Now unto the LCD
    Fifth's story is getting highlighted, and it's way too fast. but I never thought that Fifth was actually smaller than his first wife, I initially thought that he has a decent height(170 cm) considering that he can defeat his tall son in hand to hand combat.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the clicking noise...guess the door opens ealier. wonder who will come out first...

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read the webnovel version. it's worth it. the author typically releases every 6 months, last one was about 2 months from now, so next one should be out in ~4 months

4. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a tip.
    Read the WN first then LN. The difference between the two is worth comparing.

Btw, Sevens isnt a long read unlike chinese novels with repetitive explanations and plot line. The ancestors are there for a reason, the simplest is grooming up Lyle for the future. Like every novel with Kings and Emperors, treat those ancestors as advisors or guiding hands. Its worth the read if you can continue till the end.

5. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens Volume 10 just got release and already got 2 chapters translated

Wallet-chan finally appears and Sixth is the first to suggest that Lyle should seduce her.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    NUUUUU!
    I thought it was fourth, money grabber!

7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes sense, Sixth is the one that tried to marry efficiently, following what he thought was the example set by Fifth.

8. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Miranda is going to be wingman (wingwoman) here? That was unexpected and also scary

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    imo that most logical approach, she do it to oppose novem faction or something like that~ novem is too strong ya know~ on wn faction kinda too late to come at least kinda late to stab Lyle~

10. lotus.eater086

lotus.eater086 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Which is better , LN or Wn ?
    2) Is the LN english translation on hiatus ?

11. Sheynox

Sheynox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the first 3 only and I liked the LN better because it felts better paced and more coherent.
    However the WN is also good so don't worry. It's fine to read both as they have divergences.
    The LN translation isn't on hiatus, it caught up to the JP release so we're waiting for the next volume, just like the japanese.

12. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The LN does a better job wth things like foreshadowing and world building, and has a new heroine... on the other hand the WN is done

13. lotus.eater086

lotus.eater086 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish bakapervert translators put a little effort to correct English grammartical errors. There are lots of grammartical errors that a good school student won't make.
    Hey , I ain't picking on them(translators). They are doing a lot by translating this LN in their free valuable time. Praiseworthy contribution to LN readers like us.
    I had a question in my mind for some time. I notice even in LN published by J-novel-club/Seven-seas etc. there are lots of mistakes. Wrong ways of translations.
    Does japan not put enough effort in school curriculum to teach students English ? In Asian countries, like India , such isn't the case.

14. Cnine

Cnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's difference between fan-made translation and official translation, and the biggest one is the fact that the official version translator might not even know what they translated(some of them might be fresh graduate since those are cheaper for hire). Secondly, there's also the matter with the editors, the editor might only checking for grammar mistake, without trying to make it easier to read(this in fact should be their job).

15. Sora Kitagami

Sora Kitagami Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soo what's the difference between LN and WN story wise? I see someone said about new heroine?

16. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, LN introduces Sophia as a party (*cough* harem member) at about the same time as Aria... other heroines like the elf appear much earlier (although she does join properly at the same time as the WN)... other things like the ancestor's introduction to the girls and novem's identity (at least most of it, as i remember) are done earlier... also I don't particularly remember the author explaining why the kid on the griffon village looked so much like 2nd's son, the LN does... also did clara had an artificial arm in the WN?

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nope~ never pope up
    who clara again?
    if it aria tutor who teach basic she just mentioned as disable hand, if it the loli deadpan big boob harem member that mean author just make another detail.... meh such as aria boob

18. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    clara is the girl who likes reading (always in conflict with the elf) aria's breasts were retconned even as far as the wn, because fans thought that tsundere=flat

19. Sora Kitagami

Sora Kitagami Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for the info. Woah so they expanded that much huh? I think the scale of the story expansion is nice. Can't wait to read it when I have the time.

20. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also a new villain (pretty much a Team Rocket-like situation) a Lyle expy from the capital Walts