LCD Sevens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    He wanted to strive for peace, he didn't really expect it during his lifetime, nor did he think it would really last. It's just something to hope for, and he did end up getting it in the end, it even lasted for a while after his death. Due to his legacy, the world was actually able to advance, just think about how long the status quo had remained, with a goddess coming down to wipe out humans whenever they got complacent, and everything being swords and sorcery style middle ages. Compare that to where the newest heir is, in the last chapter, and the start of the Gaiden.

2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But its revealed how weak they became as individuals. No one has skills and I bet Growth was forgotten as well. They depend so much on tools they lost their best powers.

Magic tools are also very expensive. From the way it looks the occupation of knights who can fight is gone and adventurers who can fight without magic tools are extinct. Only rich mercenaries called Hunters are left.

Also, gun were shown in Sevens to be a bad match up with monsters. Imagine our world, bombs and guns aren't too effective against monsters, and the only weapon that works cost perhaps 10-100 times what it cost to arm a single soldier. And these soldiers are at bare human level since I doubt someone who relies on magic tools can obtain growth.

And it is doubtful guns become mainstream. In Monica's story it was shown they still used swords, so it was thousands of years later that magic began to rival the modern age.

The world grew to comfortable yet frail like Novem said it would. Its now just a gentle demise unless Leo does something. Lyle hoped that doing the same as his founders, passing something on, would be enough, but I'm sure he'll get to see firsthand the end result of his actions. Lyle doesn't have anything to regret or apologize for, but he will still learn the end result of the path he took. What his children, their children, subordinates, and his own legend came to. Its also hinted at that Lyle understood the faults of his beliefs when he told Leo to not follow in his father's footsteps.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah I wanna read about novem and shannon............ shannon interaction with Lyle is too funny~
    ai wonder when yorai will finish extra cuz I forget oh I still have it sevens gaiden

4. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This harem? How many girl? Or one true pairing where mc stick to love interest.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    just see
    novem, aria, clara, miranda, shannon, may, Nihil's daughter, vera, zheiya previous and new leader, 2 war maiden, queen of cartaff~
    that mentioned on story and he got total around 25? wive

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well that add another fault to first generation
    yup all blame to that muscle head

CountryMage likes this.
  7. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sorry for bothering but I want to make sure about this, the last chapter of the gaiden is when Lyle failed to pull Leo away from the ice girl?

ts a shame that the was not continued a a second part, there was so much left to be left to this part that is obvious the author was initialy planing to make it a regular publication centered around the monsters and labyrith theme

8. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this ice girl? Is this raws? There translation stopped after 4 chapters and leaves off before he becomes a hunter.

9. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah is in the raws, sorry if that count as spoiler but I doubt that with a LCD this short there is a spoiler tread, also this probably will not be translated either way so I dont think there is much problem but I still apollogise if is a bother

10. FriendlyDemon

FriendlyDemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Sevens kind of made me afraid of harems.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Claus likes this.
  11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Even the harmonious ones would terrifying from the male perspective, and people just don't mesh that well normally.

FriendlyDemon likes this.
  12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as people should be...wouldn't have wars over succession if you didn't have so many contenders.
    also, >.> https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sevens-ln/ LN is being translated.

Darkaeluz and FriendlyDemon like this.
  13. FriendlyDemon

FriendlyDemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. Though i feel like he dodged some nukes by being an emperor. I mean, imagine Lyle trying to manage them as an adventurer in Beim or something.

14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    You do remember that because he tried to be a emperor he doubled his harem. Everyone after the elf is because he tried to be a emperor. And at the end they were seriously worrying if a mother would kill his other kids over succession rights and talked about making them disappear without consulting Lyle. Never mix harems and politics kids.

15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Harems are all about politics. You saw them breaking off into cliques before they even took over one organization.

16. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the non-humans siding with novem for the most part, while the humans were probably split between miranda and scar/snake lady? (don't really remember her cause she was just thrown in there, book girl was in her camp).

17. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Cliques and aggressive political parties aren't nearly the same thing. On at worst can end in a fist fight, and the other has espionage and political assassinations. The fifth and even the sixth have it way easier than Lyle.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh...the worst is not a fist fight...if you want an example from the story, think about the kaiju battle that broke out between Novem and Miranda, then think about a guy who isn't Mr. Lyle trying to get between them. A non Sevens example would be any of a number of Harems since School Days that have yanderes in the group.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  19. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    That fight happened because he got into a war to draw the forces to his side, so it happened because he was on the path of a emperor. Novel and Miranda only fought because they were put on different sides, although it probably habe happened later. Still better than political battle and worrying about someone killing your kids.

20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    There were assassination attempts, even families getting their whole village burned down, but the maids usually interject if the "Chicks" are in danger, at least until Lyle died.