Discussion Sexism in xianxia

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by I Eat Monsanto, Nov 11, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    "He only argues with poorly worded rebuttals and replies"

Those weren't rebuttals, it's more like if a little kid that barely reaches your waist comes over and starts swinging on you or if a puppy starts chewing on your cloths. Well, what do you do? You push them away! I'm not gonna fight an ignorant little kid nor am I going to hit a playful little puppy, so I push them away.

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19642.png

Drake888 likes this.
  3. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    If I disregarded something you said then either:

A. You repeated something someone else already said and therefore I ignored it

B. You said something so utterly stupid that it gave me AIDS-- and therefore I ignored it

4. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link

Now it is doubly official. He himself said that he threw in the towel. It's over everybody! The troll has surrendered! Now I really serve that parade.

*sob* *sob*
    Thank you so much! It's so nice to know that somebody appreciates me! *sob* Monsanto is just being too tsun and not enough dere!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
    asriu likes this.
  5. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given the amount of arrogant young masters every novel seem to have, it is certain, that a LOT of women have problems with that. They mostly are NOT described as new to this "rape" thing, but as veterans. It's one of the ways used by the authors to make us hate them.

I'm also not saying that all women are constantly harassed. I'm just saying that way too many are (just based on the "survival of the fittest" approach alone).

And the only two reasons I can think of for all-female sects to exist is that they either want protection from that, or have a technique that is only fitting for females (a statement I already made in my opening comment and thus did not repeat).

And I did not make up anything. I just deduced it from what I read in novels plus a bit of basic knowledge of why all-female groups tend to pop up in history (excluding the last 50 years or so, before I hear any comments on that):

1) It is stated, that there are a lot of techniques, that can either only be learned by a certain gender or are more fitting for a certain gender.
    If you find a technique with said requirements and you are of said gender, trying to open your own sect, it makes sense to only train those who can use said technique (given, that it is your strongest technique). Thus leading to a all-female/male/halfsnake/whatever sect.

2) In history, women were put in monasteries, because people could not afford a dowry, wanted power or for whatever reason.
    Point is, said monasteries tend to be all-female ones, since they did not want their nuns to get pregnant all over the place.
    Now, I don't want an argument about why that was not always successful and all that, but given that the authors have to get their inspiration somewhere, I'm pretty sure they used this as a basis (although I think they used something similiar known from their own culture AND I'm only talking about the first few to include all-female sects, not those who thought they have one too, so I will have one as well).

Besides:
    If you look at females in mixed gender sects, there seem to exists only four different kinds:
    - The "talented Immortal Fairy" everyone wants to bang
    - The "slut" that sides with the antagonists (either as one herself or just as a f*ckable goon)
    - The "victim", the MC has to save
    - The "Background decoration", maybe one of the three above, but too unimportant for the author to describe. Mostly used as part of a stunned, cheering or booing crowd

6. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    Or C.you have no valid response to the statement: xianxia is sexist and the women in it are 2 dimensional

Cryotic likes this.
  7. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    You won the battle but just forfeited the war
    As I said, you never wanted a logical argument in the first place, you guys just wanted one big circle jerk so that you would feel better about yourselves and you've just proved it with one statement:

"He himself said that he threw in the towel. It's over everybody!"

If you were trying to have an argument then you'd have fought for your OWN stance and you would have felt good about your OWN victory. But that was never the case here, you guys are just having one big circle jerk

OK dude, again, unless the author writes that a female character feels opressed then please stop saying that's the case. Because if we're making non-canon deductions then I say all of these women love the attention and they actually relish it.

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not blaming you for going off topic in itself. I'm saying you should have known that like in all forums, the more things you add to the debate, the more ways it will be deconstructed and argued separately. That is why if you want to have as productive discussion as possible, it is good to be concise and on point.

That said, at end of the day, the discussion you truly want to have(if I'm guessing correctly) would probably be against the rules of the forum. Hence the roundaboutness if the first place...

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  9. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link

I'm just gonna leave this whole quote since I think you addressed me in the beginning and the end. First, I didn't forfeit jack. You admitted defeat. So suck it. Second, I am arguing my own view. I am not coordinating with the others but I believe they are arguing their own views. So there are multiple people telling you that you are wrong. So suck it. Finally, you seem like a dick. So I will not be gracious in my victory. So suck it.

10. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    When a bunch of blowhards - usually politicians - get together for a debate but usually end up agreeing with each other's viewpoints to the point of redundancy, stroking each other's egos as if they were extensions of their genitals (ergo, the mastubatory insinuation). Basically, it's what happens when the choir preaches to itself.

The proof is in the pudding, this is one big circle jerk and you yourself released the greatest evidence of this fact. You can deny the truth but you can't change the truth.

11. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then drake point is right. Why are these women hate men and why do they make women only secs?

If you nor the author can answer these two questions than they are not real characters.

They are not meant to be develop or have any reasoning.

12. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm glad you have accepted your loss so graciously. I wouldn't have expected it from a whiny little bitch like you. Still, i shall happily accept my victory.

13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And unless the author clearly states that the MC not killing hot women is sexist then don't assume it is. Clearly the MC likes getting stepped on by the FEEEEEMAAALES and relishes in it

waleuska likes this.
  14. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    you're a funny kid, I have a little cousin who acts just like you, he's almost 6, isn't that cute?

when I make a non-canon deduction to show how silly non-canon deductions are, that doesn't mean continue to make more non-canon deductions like I just gave you the green light. And no, sexist behavior is sexist behavior regardless of what the author labels it as.

15. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad you agree. Truly, you are a gracious loser. For a whiny little bitch, I mean.

16. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyaaa~ notice me, cool senpai
    (っ'-')╮ =͟͟͞✿

Here :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

17. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link

I notice you Cryotic kouhai, and I think you're pretty cool too.
    *cool guy wink"
    *Cryotic swoons*

Cryotic likes this.
  18. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    damn you said it not me

Zeraphin likes this.
  19. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:
    I'm cool cause I'm cryo! :blobicecreamlove:

20. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that just because you say you're right, and manipulate text on a screen to make it seem like I agree with you, and ignore parts of the text that clearly proves you wrong, that doesn't make you right. I mean, you do know this, don't you? I'm worried about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.