Question SFACG Tags removed?! Can anyone confirm why ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DoomCalibur, Jul 1, 2022.

1. DoomCalibur

DoomCalibur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SFACG Novel Site seems to have just removed some of their most beloved tags such as: Harem, Yandere, Lily, Gender Bender ... Why the details are not clear, most of the Lily and Gender Bender tags have been replaced with just Female Protagonist tag. Harem and Yandere tags are simply removed with no alternative provided.

Can anyone confirm why for me? As an avid reader of this Sites where many Lily and Harem masterpieces are found, I found this hard to accept, but my non-existence Chinese language can't help me go any further...
    Thank you for taking your time through this post.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    What is SFACG?

And well, no clue why the people of that website removed the tags/genres there. You'd need to contact them directly to get an answer.

3. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just recently learned this myself, seems like the official (orange) tag for these genres are removed, but some of these genres are still tagged in gray, which I believe is tagged by the users? Don't quote me on this, it's just what I heard other says, and I don't know how to add gray tag either, anyone more experienced in SFACG may need to chip in (and maybe teach us how to add gray tag, that's be great).

Anyway, some of the gray tag I found are:
    Gender Bender 性转
    Yuri 百合
    Harem 后宫

SFACG is a Chinese ACG (anime, comic, game) novel site

AliceShiki and DoomCalibur like this.
  4. DoomCalibur

Reading List:
    Link
    Wew.... Thanks for the information bro. I appreciate every bit of it ... Even before this change, I always find the Search/Filter system of SFACG unreliable, as the only thing they can do is showing us the list of categorized novels haphazadously, without any proper Sorting options such as Date Updated, Date Added, Latest, Oldest.... The gray tags hardly differ from the orange tags in that way, so no sweat.

I was just worried that SFACG might somehow purging/deleting the novels they made change to, in a similar fashion to Ciweiwao ....

5. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to download the mobile app, it has much more filter options and sorting functions

6. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's one thing I hate about SFACG, their desktop site is infinitely inferior than their mobile app, in terms of functionality.

DoomCalibur likes this.
  7. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I guess they just can't be bothered to update their desktop site anymore because of constant regulations changes. I have noticed that the same thing are happening on almost all novel sites. For example, you cannot comment or see comments on desktop site, but you can view comments on mobile site.

8. DoomCalibur

Reading List:
    Link
    SFACG officially deleted all tags possessing contents BANNED by the CCP(China Communist Party) which include Yuri, Gender Bender, Harem and Yandere tags. Though the actual novels with tags only changed their tags themselves, without any major modifications OR content removal, this still deal a HUGE blow to many of Authors on the SFACG, especially the rookie ones.

One recent monologue of this unknown author stated his Dropping Web Traffic to his novel on SFACG due to this move, forcing him to switch to publishing his novel on Ciweiwao, where they provide an alternative tag for "Yuri/Lily", which is "Orange", inspired by the Chinese's well reception of the Anime series "Citrus" by Saburota.