Request share what's on your mind today (daily thought)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Coffea to Ell, May 10, 2020.

1. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe I'm stressed out about the meaning of giao.

2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Horacio Pagani is Italo-Argentinian. I think that one can technically say that he is partially-Hispanic/Latino. So, if that is the case, here is an example of a Hispanic/Latino who founded a car company that is revered by many for the artistic look and technologies of their cars. So, in a way, that is representation. Now, their cars tend to be in the seven-figures or higher range.

How many Zondas have been made? carthrottle.com/post/565pb3b/ was written about 4 years ago but esti. about 174 cars. Since them, a few bespoke Zondas have been built. So, my guess is a range between between 180-200 but I could be wrong. Other cites cite an official figure of 140 cars. With all of the bespoke Zondas out there, I think the 170-something is a more appropriate figure.

A nice video on him and the company from almost 2.5 years ago: . The video is from Miami's Prestige Imports. Plus, the fact that the car in the thumbnail is the first prototype/test mule basically makes this an Adam/Eve of sorts for the Zonda.

Were it me, the Zonda C12 would have had more than just 5 built. It would have had at least 1-13 built and the number of bespoke production, race car, and one-off Zondas built to date would would be at least 215.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  3. WordEater

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently, I won a piglet and a raincoat in a lucky draw. What a weird day.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  4. WordEater

Reading List:
    Link
    Asdfghjkl, lmaooo. I just realized I did something so stupid.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wedding is such a bothersome process.
    Two power clash at the stage of maintaining politeness or empowerment of one's strength to another.

6. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    On a shorter season for the video/computer game "Asphalt Legends": reddit.com/r/Asphalt9/comments/ve9920/so_the_compensations_spree_has_startedkeep_on. Not sure why but each time I try posting the following, I message in red text of "Something went wrong": A better compensation would have been give us at 2-3 of those Italian cars for this shorter season and each of those cars are at least the second level. Oh, and throw in at least 500 tokens and 2000 credits. Alternatively, at least 15-20 BPs each for those 6 cars.

7. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel anxious and sensitive lately. Mostly because I'm adapting to new workplace & I want to have more new friends but it feels super awkward & idk how to make myself interesting lmao. Most of the time I like listening to other people's stories but I rarely tell stories/make small talk

8. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    Curious about something: On sites like where people use their real/legal name, saying "I am this user on this forum." might seem less "self-doxing", so to speak. However, when the reverse happens where the user name says "I m [real name]", it seems more "self-doxing". Now, linking to one's Twitter or FB where their real/legal name might be used might be an exception.

9. ZnoG

ZnoG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    congratulations

10. Bashful Mimosa

Bashful Mimosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty embarrassing to get stopped in the street. Like should I just continue walking or stop to listen to him???

He's just working to introduce some kind of product but I got too blanked out panicking that I missed out what he said and only continued to voiced out affirming noises.

11. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 12:37 AM and of course I'm not going to sleep and am going to read Webtoons.

12. ZnoG

ZnoG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good afternoon to you

Mr. Tired likes this.
  13. Reanee

Reanee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wondering if I can makes time be 30 hours a day :sushi_sigh:

ZnoG and Mr. Tired like this.
  14. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Tired from trying to be social today: the first time I went outside in like a few weeks I met a bunch of....interesting...characters.
    So just a small rant about the irritations and interesting things that happened today. Feat: My s/o

Edit: Just scrolled up and realised I never write anything short, so it's a long rant again.
    -----
    First was the store with my S/O and as soon as we walked in a dude that was leaving stopped us to tell us crude jokes. Strange. We continued on.
    Later, she was a little irked and voiced her frustration to me (key word: me) because the peanut butter was gone still (JIF recall, it's been weeks now and the stores are working hard to restock the other brands) and an old lady overheard. Said lady told her to be quiet and that living without peanut butter won't kill her "Stop being dramatic".
    ...I could see how hard it took my g/f to not tell the lady to eff off and mind her business. :blobsweat_2: I felt a very tense energy when walking beside her after that.

We saw a girl no older than 13-14 with a shirt that said some strange crude things, but she also was wearing what would not be considered 'shorts'. So we were a little stunned by that, besides the fact the girl was with her parents. We were just a little sad to see her wearing...basically nothing 1) In a public place 2) At her age 3) With her parents around.
    A bit unsettling. And concerning. And also more irritating.

Hmm what was next.
    We found some mochi again which is usually gone so that was actually a high light. My gf also decided to buy a cute light red bandana with tiny white spots and bones on it for my dog.
    I sometimes think she loves him more than me. :bloborz:

But then we get into line, and the little divider bar you're supposed to put on the conveyer belt falls behind it when I go to grab it.
    So, even though my gf is closer to the ground than me and I have back pain, my arms were longer and logically so, I had to get on the ground and try to grab the divider.
    Looking back there, I found the other 3 dividers and a some-what fresh but nasty looking bell pepper. I decided to go back and grab the other dividers and of course left the bell pepper.

We're finally leaving the damn place and I'm happy to say nothing else strange happened after that.
    When walking out a really old lady said we looked lovely so that kind of balanced everything out.
    What an outing.
    -----

On my daily walk [alone] with my lovely American Staffordshire terrier/Pitbull mix, more people than usual came up to pet him. People are usually biased, as they are with each other, to dogs. Especially big dogs. Especially big dogs of certain breeds.
    I think it was cause of the bandana. Guess dogs in clothes do make them cuter or more charming?

My dog likes kids more than adults. (Probably because he came from a home full of adults who were not nice to him). Anyway, he's more comfy around kids, and there happened to be this yard that was having a BBQ or something. He liked the smell of it and all the kids saw him and called us over, so we went over.
    They were nice to him (a bit loud but he didn't seem to mind) and petted him and were happy. Then some old guy comes over to pet him and says, "He's a good ol' boy huh?" And I say yes, he's a good dog and he holds up what I see is a can of beer. He holds the can next to my dog's face; He says, "cheers," and I laugh at that until this man really just pours the beer in his hand and offers it to my dog. :confusedcatblob:

My dude-
    Luckily he was wobbly (or maybe just uncoordinated?) and most of it just spilled onto the ground into white foam.

I quickly walked out of there and decided to go home.

What a day. Probably won't leave the house again, too many weirdos and social interaction. :blobneet:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Bobasis likes this.
  15. Bashful Mimosa

Bashful Mimosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a stressful day.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  16. maverick

maverick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been around 1 year i graduated from university and still unemployed. I don't know whether it's my incompetence or about economic matter.

17. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
  18. ZnoG

ZnoG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try to pull a few thousand asteroids to inflate earth's mass, maybe the rotation of earth will get slower

Reanee likes this.
  19. ZnoG

ZnoG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can robot have a headache?

20. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    If they do, it would drive them nuts and bolts!

ZnoG likes this.