She Cried.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_patpat:

Personally, I won't lend the money if I were you. Because even if it was my mistake, there should be other people she could borrow money for first. Unless you're close ofc.

Lurking and Femme Fatale like this.
  2. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucky you. I hope she would have spoken to some people in her department and they could put together a personal loan for her. I guess she felt I did my best too because she said thank you before crying her way out of the office.

Yea. I’m just gonna let it go and hope the corporate level has it all figure out and just ready to deposit the money.

reagents 11 and Femme Fatale like this.
  3. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that is healthiest. Do your best, pass it on to others that can actually fix the situation (get paid to do that stuff), then move on. :)

Any plans for this weekend?

4. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I was gonna go hike. But idk. Weather is too hot and I haven’t paid for the pass.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  5. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    How about going to a free park and just going for a long walk? Have a picnic even.

6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Came in and expected a broken relationship story time, get a rant instead.

7. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit happens, both of you can plan better and triple check next time. Also get the system updated

8. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    That works too. We have good hiking places around town, but it’s too hot.

9. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    (n) I can’t catch what I don’t know. I didn’t know we needed that three digits. Maybe a failure of administration teaching? I did double check when I key in and double check prior to the payroll. Afterward, I double check that payment were sent out. Everyone had a payment amount.

Oh well maybe this can’t be avoid and everything happened for a reason. A lesson for her and a lesson for me. Life can and will throw shit. Handle it well and try to make plan B. For me, listen to my guts and always have someone run through something with me. I’m not one to forget such detail.

10. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is the one that is responsible for payroll, she was right to look for him since he was the one that can fix the problem, even if delayed. What's the point in borrowing money if your monthly salary never comes?

11. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobexpressionless: She will be paid. Just delay. It was right of her to come to the Hr office, but local branch can’t do anything. It’s corporate. Hopefully, she will get her paycheck early than later.

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm confused on what exactly happened.
    Let me get this straight.
    1. She did not input her digits right.
    2. Hence, led to you committing a mistake in inputting wrong digits for the missing digits.
    3. Thus, she will likely not be able to receive her money to pay for her rent.
    4. You feel like shit, but your mind is justifying you did nothing wrong, even when she started crying.
    5. In conclusion, a certain someone accidentally pushed the dominoes.
    In my unbiased perspective in this situation, BOTH OF YOU ARE WRONG, if my assumptions are right. Her err made you err, which made everyone err in the system. What I disliked about this, was that your reasoning in justifying it was mainly her fault, when it was both of you did messed up.

You may correct me if I misinterpret anything wrongly, but still, don't be reckless in your work hours. You yourself said it, and this situation could have been avoided if she never gave missing digits, or you could had noticed it earlier and informed her.

Simply said, you're not wrong if you just had inputted the digits without adding anything else, which would make it entirely her fault, but since you did... you are partly at fault is what your consciousness is telling you.

13. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    You're wrong. Here's the chain of event:
    1. She didn't have a bank account, meaning we have to give her a reload card since we don't print out paycheck
    2. We had a new system and new vendor, which I just found out this Tuesday. This means my boss wasn't even aware of the change to the requirement. So when I asked, she gave an general answer. That mean I was on my own. I didn't know this prior and so I concluded that if she didn't say much or offer to run through the entry with me, there was nothing I need to know.
    3. Lack of knowledge, guideline, and my own personal misread of the instruction sheet contributed to how I didn't put the necessary three digits before the card #. And so, none of the new reload cards received payment although payment were made. Many of these were new hires and made less than 50 bucks that two weeks, so I wasn't sweating it. We have about three that worked the week prior and make roughly 300. She was one of them.
    4. Yes I feel like shit the moment I found the mistake. The few that asked about their payment were pretty chill. She was the last one of the day that came in asking her reload paycheck. I don't know if she was overacting or overwhelm from her own troubles, but she cried. That was the last straw that holds my sanity together. I sounded like a douche bag, but I wasn't trying to justified that I did nothing wrong. I made a mistake, but for her to say she can't pay her rent and bills because of this paycheck--that I cannot afford to accept. It is four days of work that probably wouldn't pay rent plus bills as she claimed it to be. Maybe she is short on fund to pay rent and this would add or something. IDK. But she cried and pretty much indirectly demand I make the impossible happen. I was pretty sure since the issue isn't payroll itself but direct deposit, it would be corrected the next business day. Thinking about it, what also set me off as well was her stating, oh great you guys are going to enjoy the labor weekend while I--.
    But yea. That explains it. And like I thought so, corporate was able to push it forward on the 3rd and they received payment on the 4th. Yah!! Last I heard, my co-worker said the employee was walking on air, smiling happily that morning of the 4th.

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    R E V E L A T I O N S

cap.toon likes this.