Japanese She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman (LN)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by TUSF, Oct 29, 2017.

1. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman, Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja, 自称贤者弟子的贤者, 自稱賢者弟子的賢者, 賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者
    Raw Link:
    https://mega.nz/#!j9gHwTDS!dsYIvOv3GCykhG3Jd6twaCBXC5hQffo98XPlGwtC8Y0
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/she-professed-herself-the-pupil-of-the-wiseman-ln/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I've fallen in love with this story and there are six volumes out and I can only read the first volume and the first two chapters of the second and I really badly want to read the rest of it.
    Description:
    Sakimori Kagami plays a VRMMORPG called Arch Earth Online. He is a veteran player with the name and appearance similar to an elderly bearded wizard from a certain book about a ring.
    One day he purchases an appearance change item as a last resort to spend expiring currency and gets the idea of choosing what he would want to look like if his character was ever a girl.
    Falling asleep should have suspended the game, but Kagami wakes up still online and feels the game has has gotten a bit more realistic. Did Arch Earth Online finally get a long-awaited update?

------------------------------------

So, there was another thread early this year (8 months ago) requesting this be picked up. Someone said they'd pick it up, but then never delivered. It's been more than a whole year since the last update. (The last displayed update are just illustrations from a blog that wasn't translating it, which doesn't count)
    I basically just copy and pasted the previous request thread, seeing as there's nothing for me to add, but I still want the LN properly translated.

2. sanushilshad

sanushilshad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the machine translation of it's web novel.it's better than nothing.

3. FonFon123

FonFon123 If you're reading this,, then you're reading this.

Reading List:
    Link
    Learn japanese and buy the LN yourself, you lowly commoner!!!

4. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have too much self-respect (not much) to force myself to rot my brain like that.

WAY too much work D:
    Learning a new language is too hard to just do it for a light novel lol... Also, don't have anyone to practice with... but I guess I'll start now anyways...

Still rather have someone translate this to English.

5. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said elsewhere, if you have enough fortitude, you can probably read the wn until chapter 57. It only turns into absolute gibberish for those last 8 or so chapters, probably to show where the MTLer finally succumbed to madness, as I haven't seen anymore updates since.

Ketheres likes this.
  6. thorlong

thorlong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could always wait a few years for someone like Yenpress to print it in english. kick

7. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    At least the manga finally started releasing chapters....

8. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read the web novel.

9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan looks at the title and rages inside for being reminded of that time when this title was taken by a machine translator before Ai-chan could release her own translation. Ai-chan vowed since then that Ai-chan would never translate this title and any other title ever again. Though Ai-chan did release translation for two other titles after that.

kenar and CountryMage like this.
  10. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if the story isn't all that different, there are still differences. The LN is more refined.
    On top of that, web novel translations tend to be Machine Translations, which are generally trash, which isn't helped by the translator being an ESL. Here, let me quote a line from the last WN translation.
    I just randomly opened up the page, and I've already seen missing articles and improperly conjugated words. It's awkward and clunky. You call this a translation?

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You think that's bad, check a random part of the Undeadtrans chapters. I guarantee that you will be able to overlook errors at this level after.

12. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone wants to pick this up, I can share the complete light novel raws. Just for translating purposes of course.
    Maybe 'Shin Translations' could pick it ip, like they did with 'The New Gate'? But I don't know a way to contact and ask them...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He's got a discord, but i haven't gone in there, so I don't know how active they are on there.