Spoiler She's Hopeless / 노답소녀

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by missbluesunglasses, Jun 17, 2021.

1. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Name: She's Hopeless / 노답소녀
    Alternate title: Unreachable Girl
    Raw Link: https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=756137&weekday=thu
    Official English Link: https://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/shes-hopeless/list?title_no=2767

Description: Though she comes from a rich family, Gabin is a bullied loner at school. That doesn't mean she puts up with bullying from other students, though -- Gabin is infamous for her fierce personality. Worried about Gabin's well-being, her family secretly offers Tae-ung $500,000 to transfer schools and act as her bodyguard. Will Tae-ung be able to protect her from the school bullies, all while keeping his identity hidden from Gabin and the other students?

This is a newer manhwa created by the same author and artist of Orange Marmalade, Seok Woo.

The English adaptation currently has 12 episodes with 7 being free right now. The Korean version is now up to 36 chapters of which 32 are free.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    lostross likes this.
  2. NumbaWon

NumbaWon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This author's work is always top tier.

3. ashtrea002

ashtrea002 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for spoilers ಥ‿ಥ

4. WHF_reads

WHF_reads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any newtoki links? :blobawkward:

5. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
  6. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
  7. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO
    Omg, eventually yes. I'm pretty sure Dowhwa (?) has just realized that he probably is Gabin's bodyguard now. Alas, I hope she doesn't hold it over him but I could see her forcing him to choose her OR telling Gabin or her rich guy friend. Most likely the latter. I can't wait to see what happens in 53 and 54

SixMagnitudeGirl and lostross like this.
  8. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsk. I do feel bad about her situation, but ya know? Do Ha was still Gavin's primary bully, duh. She's moving to the beat of her purposes. She only like 'helped' Gavin because it was the interest of Taewoong. But… please, stop overstepping your boundaries, lol.

9. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to translate using MTL so please excuse any errors I make.

Previously: Ch 52 showed us Gabin leaving the group party from Tae ung's place after she saw her rich friend getting beat up/yelled at by someone from his/their(?) past. Tae ung runs after her and she's crying -- at the house, Doha reads some messages on Tae ung's (??????) phone and is shocked.

Ch 53:
    Begins with Tae ung walking Gabin home and telling her he wants exercise. He asks her if she's feeling better and she blushes and defends herself by saying it's the alcohol. She tells him not to tell anyone. He apologizes to her about the last time -- when they were fighting prior to the water day event (don't remember the chapter but I think he got mad because she was really dismissive of the workers/people who have to work).

I don't really understand what the next part is but Gabin is like telling him that he said he'd do something for her and he's like what??? (Idk sorry :eek: ) She tells him to keep his promise and he's like yes yes! Turns out, she's joking. I think she apologizes after?? Or she talks about the way that he thinks and his character. She apologizes about the construction site. She says that she won't do that anymore and he's like what really? She confirms because she doesn't think it's right.

He's so happy and shes telling him to not be so dramatic. She turns red/blushy and asks if he won't hate her anymore...he doesn't get it. She said he saw her in an ugly state so he should hate her now. He asks when he gave that indication and she says when he told her she's like her grandma. He's like "wow wow you hold grudges, that's just finding..."

She says someones asking if they're not going to threaten each other anymore (?). He doesn't hate her and says she's not her grandma. He says she's so nice. she's like "who asked you?" and he's like "you did". Phone rings but it's not his. The party people are leaving and asking where he's at. She invites him for ramen but he tells her not to joke.

He heads out and she thanks him. Lol they're both blushing so hard. He asks to be treated at school?

Gabin runs upstairs to see him walk home. On his way home, he's thankful everything is okay. He's shocked in happy way about her. He thinks back to the kiss and stops walking. HES BLUSHING. He thumps his head because he's crazy.

Doha is waiting for him and confirms that he's security for MK. She asks if its for Gabin....dun dun dun

WHF_reads likes this.
  10. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh thank youuu we're the only ones here holding the fort lol

AAAAHHHHH this is the cruel part :blobpopcorn_two: Gavin and Taewoong already feel something between each other then Doha just have to find out… sigh

When Gavin knew, she'll be like :blobangery::blobdevil::blobowoevil_horns::blobhero::blobspearpeek:

Lmao the comments are saying whether Doha's got Taewoong's salary haaaa

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  11. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    So Doha has found out about Taeung's bodyguarding job and she basically tells Taeung "Oh I understand why you acted the way you did now. Youre under so much pressure because of the family. Gabin is hard to deal with" etc and she tells Taeung she's going to help him do his job well.

He's walking her somewhere and they're talking about Gabin. Taeung defends her and says she's not bad and Doha doesn't believe him. She asks if he likes Gabin and (FANGIRL SCREAMS) he says bodyguards can't have feelings for their customers. AKA HE DIDNT DENY IT THOUGH. Then he gets all serious and his mood goes down and he tells doha that Gabin doesn't know. To which Doha is like "it's okay (for his job), he has to like/be friendly to Gabin"

(omg fuck her. okay not really bc i love to hate on her antics and faces she makes but she is blocking my ship haha)
    So next, she says that it seems like Gabin likes him and asks what'll happen if she likes him and he's shocked.

Doha is traveling and we see flashback to his answer: He denies that Gabin would like him and something about pranks??

Doha is cheering on her way back because she didn't picture this happening. She's fake-pitying Gabin and recalling that she told her to do her best for Taeung. She's happy because TAeung will never be with her.

then taeung returns home. he's thinking about gabin and how it's not possible for her to like him - he flashes back to important moments between them (...I think he's suspecting now...so at this point he and Gabin are on good terms and we know both of them are blushing with each other and get nervous around the other person...but I think he might distance himself from her :((((( )

they're texting and he tells her to sleep since he's tired. (...i think my prediction is right :(((((((((((( )

some weird cartoon game is happening...now we have gabin's rich friend playing the game. awwwww he's crying omg this is so sad, because he's all alone in the dark :((((((((((((((((

new school day - taeung thinks: I'm just being friendly, since gabin and i are close now. let's not think too much . it's not a big deal

then Gabin grabs his arm and links it with hers -- she basically scared him big time lol. he asks what she's doing there and she says that she's waiting for him. he asks why and she tells him shes completing her promise to grab him something delicious. (omg they're so cute i swear) she smiles (blushing of course) and she's literally so pretty here - she tells him they should eat together. he looks...confused???at a loss???

author note: thank you for reading. the story is moving to mid-to-late part now. season 2 returns in 3 months. (February ish???)

top comment 1: Oh no, Doha is like a time bomb
    top comment 2: season 2 expected - a debt
    top comment 3: even if we go, we can eat breakfast together still?

lostross and WHF_reads like this.
  12. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course he'll defend her. He LIKES GAVIN. That's like one of the first signs of liking someone. Knowing something about the other person that others wouldn't know about.

He didn't deny it though whooo :blobpopcorn:::blobcatsmile::

I hate to break it up to you, Doha, but if you think Taewoong will be with you just because you thought he'll never be with Gavin, nuh-uh. You're wrong. Taewoong will never be with you, Doha lol :blobowoevil_horns:

Can he connect the dots already? Taewoong, you like her :blobtaco: go ahead

Aww it's a looong break then. I really like the storyyy:blobpensive:

Thank you @missbluesunglasses for the tl~ see you in a few❤:blobfistbumpL:

missbluesunglasses likes this.
  13. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my new fav manhwa, i hope a good season 2, the true maybe hard for FL, but i'm sure she will be ok

14. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    Something I didn't see coming in the MTL (aka i only notice after translation) is that the rich friend is gay! I think this is the first time outside of manga and bl/yuri manhwas that I've seen a LGBT couple and I'm so proud and happy that author nim included it

15. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right, I just noticed it as well when it was posted on YT. I was at first trying not to antagonize him because I thought Suho likes Gavin as well, but now that it was revealed, I understood that it was brotherly love? Or you know a guarding/securing love that ensures his first love will be all right lol

missbluesunglasses likes this.
  16. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he is gay, i didn't knew, but t thought that he loves the FL, so he will be in couple with who???
    AND WHAT ABOUT THE ENDING??? time jump?? FL and ML dating , when??

WHF_reads likes this.
  17. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe with the man he was fighting with outside his room? When Gavin and Taewoong eavesdropped on them before.

And there's still no news on the start of second season, just that we know it'll come out in the first half of the year. Hopefully this March.

18. WHF_reads

Reading List:
    Link
    May 12th! Omg it's set!

19. missbluesunglasses

Reading List:
    Link
    so exciting!!!!!!!! did the author make a post

20. missbluesunglasses