LCD Shokugeki no Soma

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Aicila, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said she was 'simple', just that she was carefree. In c134 she says she did it because it seemed more exciting. Seems pretty carefree to me.
    I cannot wait until she finds out. Have been waiting for it to happen ever since we found out she looked up to him.

Arua likes this.
  2. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    fair enough, my guess is she's either a sadist or has some kind of hidden agenda that needed the previous chairman out of the way.

3. RpxZero

RpxZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, her face upon discovering it will be amazing~ Well, until it occurs, there will be probably no major advancement in Soma and Erina relationship... ;-; So I just want to see the other girls( principally Rindou ) with him for the time being~~ :D

Aicila likes this.
  4. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like I'm reading this just because I'm waiting for that moment... Erina has always been so annoying to Souma that it's bound to be a priceless reaction. I want it to happen soon already. Annoying authors dragging things out!!

Aicila likes this.
  5. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Erina is now pretty interested in the Polar dorm after the last chapter. I don't know if her moving there is possible, but I think she will at least start turning up a little more because she's found something that rejects her way of thinking. Some kind of development with Souma is almost guaranteed from this, just how big we don't know.
    She's been mellowing a little of late, but not enough yet.

My dream is that Souma's father comes to visit or something and Erina tries to scold Souma for not giving him any respect or something along thoes lines and he just looks at her and says "huh? this is my dad". However it happens, it will be priceless though.

Arua likes this.
  6. RpxZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah~ I'm pretty sure they will not tolerate Asami... But I don't know if they will really do something about it~ Well, considering that even the grandpa Nakiri couldn't do anything about it... i found it really hard to not change all that mess without starting with the destruction of the current Elite Ten~ =P

7. RpxZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, she will probably start getting better now that she's in the Polar Dorm, but there's some sort of part in Asami's plan that she is really important to, right? I think that the author will probably make she lost all, or at least the majority, of her improvement with that plan...

8. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's deliberately set up like this. On one side you have Polar Dorm, experimental and free thinking. On the other side you have Azami's 'follow the rulebook, there is a correct way to do everything'. Erina is going to get played between what she always thought was right (Azami's logic) and something which is new and challenging everything she thought was right (Polar's way). They're completely incompatible ways of thinking. It's basically forcing her to chose a side, and I think from here on in it's going to be a slow battle to drag her from Azami's way of thinking to the Polar way.

I think Azami needs Erina because right now she is basically the embodiment of his cooking principles. He's not going to be very happy when he learns that someone has put a seed of doubt in there.

9. Ji Ning

Ji Ning Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right. The author is taking the cliche good vs. "evil" route.

10. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah geez... Erina finally discovered the truth but we're not given a scene with her facing Souma alone... patience, patience...

That Rindou from the last page though, so damn appetizing. I want her for breakfast.

NeaxD likes this.
  11. Daily

Daily 日々いちゃつく

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem route all the way!

12. Smooth Che

Smooth Che [Awaiting TS' Approval]

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah this forum also has a manga section?
    Erina finally noticing Souma's father, seems like Erina X Souma is going smoothly~

13. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so hyped for the moment when she found out, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to happen like that. I was hoping for a bit more, but I guess she will have some time to stew over it coming up. Her next talk with Souma is going to be very interesting. Can't wait :p
    I know! She hasn't done a whole lot yet she is quickly becoming best girl material. Expecting Erina developments in the near future though. As to what they will be, who knows.
    I'm just wondering what Azami's opinion is. I can't see him not meddling in it.

Arua likes this.
  14. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, is Azami gay for soma's dad?

15. Smooth Che

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought of that, but then he wouldn't have a daughter..

16. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like gay people can't have kids. Even if he was, (which I doubt) you know he would have some kind of creepy successor plan going on. He couldn't let his line of ideology 'die'.
    I'm guessing it had something to do with Azami looking up to him, only to be slowly alienated over time as his cooking turned more and more experimental, completely away from Azami's philosophy. There is obviously some kind of history between them, and my guess is that Azami moulded his philosophy on earlier aspects of Souma's dad's style.

17. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saiba's style is to absorb other's techniques and make it his own. Azami is the opposite, making other techniques inferior to his own.

18. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Azami feels like a yandere or has a yandere vibe. Also, finally erina finds out who souma dad is! God its gonna be awkward now.

19. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When reading shokugeki (or any other cooking manga) has anyone tried to cooked the recipe in it before?

20. Smooth Che

Reading List:
    Link
    Never, although most dishes looked really tasty <.<. I still remember his first recipe, where this one woman with her bodyguards barged into the restaurant and he made some meat dish without meat. Wanted to try it but never did
    v( ‘.’ )v

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016