Discussion Should I be satisfied with what I can get like this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Claire Lilly, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    Another dilemma of mine (fortunately I don't have real problems at the moment, that would be really bad): Recently, after some obstinately searching and trying, I was able to buy some korean ebooks on a korean ebook online store/website with the best picture quality I could find. And although the picture resolution is quite good, it is nowhere near the quality of the japanese ebooks I own. But there exist so many series with so many volumes out there, that I can't possible buy them as a physical copy, some don't even exist anymore, maybe, MAYBE just used and then overexpensive, the shipping not included... And overall I don't have the space and the money for it. (I like around 22 series at the moment, which contain mostly over 20 volumes per series, just think, how should I pay for them, alone the shipping costs would be an intire fortune and I really don't have the space.) On the other side, I can get good quality ebooks whenever I want, they aren't that expensive and I don't need extra store room for them. Should I just be satisfied with it? Am I such a perfectionist that I want all books in perfect high quality resolution? The digital books are also good, at least I have and can read them. But I'm always totally torn between these two options... For example I'm totally fine with choosing few chinese series I really like and buy the physical copies (since until now I couldn't find a chinese ebook website for both manhuas and novels, which was the same with korean books until these days). Books for which an ebook version (still) don't exist, I also have no problems with ordering the physical copies. So why do I have such a problem now with the picture quality. Until a few years ago, I wasn't even bothered by this. It was completly fine either way.

By the way, for those who do not know it, an ebook is a digital book which you can get in any format (and quality) like epub or pdf etc., it's not very expensive (at least not more than their physical copy), it doesn't take any space and lastly, you can read it whenever and wherever you want, that is, if you own a digital device suitable for viewing them.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Find a Korean sugardaddy or mommy to buy you korean novels! :blobshh:

But yes i also find this dilemma where i want to have a physical copy even if there's no point lol.

SilverFeather and ninish like this.
  3. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't see how the picture quality would have much impact on an ebook, unless its something like a manga? (but i dont really know what an ebook is outside of ''a book on the internet'' so i might not be the best jugde) so i don't see a problem, unless you like the feel of a paper book, which many does

Fallion likes this.
  4. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though you didnt? Anything else you can do? Most people love literature in printed edition eventhough ebook is easier to distribute and cheaper option

5. Bloodwar

Bloodwar [Chibi Nii-San]

Reading List:
    Link
    depends how much it bothers you i consider buying physical books when i want support autor

6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes they could become a collector's item after a few years yanno

7. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything has it limit. You can only get what is available and in your reach. So, even if you are a Hardcore Collector, you need to know where to stop.

Claire Lilly likes this.
  8. GreenPanda6

GreenPanda6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have run out of room completely to store actual books do ebooks are an awesome solution. As long as you can read what you want, does it really matter?

Claire Lilly likes this.
  9. Claire Lilly

Reading List:
    Link
    At the moment I really feel like you say. And these are my limits as it seems. I did all I could do, but I still feel slightly dissatisfied.

10. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you should be satisfied with what your wallet can get you.

Claire Lilly likes this.
  11. Claire Lilly

Reading List:
    Link
    I always think 'as long as I can somehow have them it is fine'. So you are right, what does it matter?!

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should just buy the Ebooks, you can buy the physical ones for things you can find at bookstores instead.

13. Yowj99

Yowj99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be satisfied with everythin you've got.

14. Kudaranai

Kudaranai                                                   

Reading List:
    Link
    Be satisfied with it, less charge for basically the same thing. :blobpopcorn:

15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no stop to the collect train!