Question Should I Drop ATG ?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Zlen, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. What you've seen so far is what you get. Over and over and over again. It's ongoing, so technically maybe someday, but doubtful. Like others have said, if you enjoy that, great. If not, leave it. Ignore the people trying to shove it off as "all xianxia are like that" because most are a little more subtle about it, if they get as repetitive at all.

Disclaimer: Yeah, I dropped it. Ages ago, back when he met... phoenix chick? was gonna go fuck up the tournament? Was pretty clear to me at that point that it was gonna be "Gain harem member, harem member vanish, gain harem member, harem member vanish again" ad nauseum.

2. GearShock

GearShock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Erathi

Erathi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol oddly enough i dont have enough posts to post a link. you just go to the ATG section of the wuxiaworld forums and its called "chapter summary from 550" or something like that. anyway its usually near the top

4. M3gasoul

M3gasoul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, read the spoilers if your already on the fence about dropping it. This will save you the time and grief waiting for the impossible to happen.

5. fireclaws

fireclaws 『FA Sect's Hermit』 『Rice Bucket』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tellin Yun Che to stop adding girls to his harem is like telling a pokemon trainer to stop catching pokemons. ;)

On a serious note, it's probably going to stay like that unless the author wants to change it in the future since he's still writing ATG and we'll have no way of finding out if this changes at this moment in time.

yorozuyaginchan, Lithit and Hokoga like this.
  6. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, haha. Thank You.

7. iamgboy08

iamgboy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, summer got to my head a little., but anyways, atg is 'that' kind of novel,

8. Hokoga

Hokoga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Drop it, don't drop it, do what you want.

The to answer the bolded is: No he won't ever stop.
    Even I'm getting annoyed by his need to continuously add women to his collection harem.

9. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you have read further than most dear sir.

(slow clap... i think...)

10. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad thing is, I like harem novels. I really do. But a big part of what makes them fun for me is the interplay among harem members and the relationships involved, so when the MC/author basically puts each harem member away into plotdimensional storage to move on to the next one it really takes the fun out of it.

yorozuyaginchan, w7sh and M3gasoul like this.
  11. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    You can drop it but it won't hurt AGT. I mean you can't even drop it, unless you actually make Words out of something and drop it from the sky.

12. Ikemen Sensei

Ikemen Sensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its status itself is HIATUS. So just let your honorable heart decide it.;)

13. Kenken

Kenken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only say if u enjoy it, u can keep reading it, if u don't enjoy it, then drop it. If u drop it, u can always go bak to it once ur bored or something. Or u could read some spoilers on ur bored time to see if that will get ur interest bak. It's that simple. I don't get y ppl keep asking others about if they should drop a novel or not. Just do as ones like cuz everyone got their own likes and dislikes. For example, if I tell u to do something, but u don't like or lost interested in it then won't u feel forced or don't want to?

14. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right ! I just wanted to know if it was gonna stop being bad as a xianxia and a harem novel. It just sucks because it could have been great. Thank youu

15. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG gets worse and worse as the novel goes on. Might as well drop it.

16. maskhara

maskhara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the only novel ive ever dropped is mga everything else is simply a temporary parting. fact is that this novel is shit. its got some story ideas but it has more filler than the naruto anime and is more repetitive than power rangers. also all of the plot will go away in favour of cheap thrills in way of vengeance against 2 bit foes that are arrogant and stupid and incapable of realizing that yun che is powerful despite him being a well known genocidal maniac. its a good popcorn bok but any greatness was lost with each unresolved addition to the harem. even the convenient seperation from current harem members is repeated to the point of predictibility

17. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what I hate the most is, the fact that it was great and has the potential to be really good
    RIP, dropped 100 chap ago

BlackBlade likes this.
  18. luna3383

luna3383 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh, it was really good at first but after chapters 300-400, I dropped it because it was starting to annoy me, mostly due to the harem he's got...., I'm fine with harems but after reading this, it just went beyond with what i could handle. I mean, he literally tries to save every beautiful woman he meets, even if it means losing his resources

BlackBlade likes this.
  19. blackhawkrider

blackhawkrider Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand how you feel......Every time the MC get through one "deadly" problem after another, the MC ends up almost dying over and over again. the author is seriously determined to have him killed; pretty sure the author is a virgin that is jealous of the MC. Now a days, I simply skim through the chapter to see if anything new happens. So far, it is the same scenario that repeats over and over again. I suggest dropping it for a while and focus on other novels.

20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the first things Yun Che said was that he's going to make a harem out of every beautiful girl in the world and conquer he entire world and that from the innocent loli to the pure virgin granny, no one is safe

w7sh likes this.